London Cyclist's bike stolen during transAm

santosh kumar

Jun 9, 2016, 2:49:52 AM6/9/16
to BBC

berkeleydb

Jun 11, 2016, 1:13:41 AM6/11/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Sucks.

As per the article -- Rider is Amy Williams, and it was a $5000 bike.  She had stepped into a cafe for a lunch break, and when she came out 10mins later, the bike was gone.  May not have locked the bike.  But good to know that the people in Eugene (plus a crowdfunding initiative) are helping her, and she plans to resume her ride.  (though she may skip some section, looks like.)

Best wishes to Amy.

-{db}.

berkeleydb

Jun 11, 2016, 1:21:12 AM6/11/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
This is the crowd funding page to help Amy -- https://www.gofundme.com/28bnftv8

-{db}.

Ali Poonawala

Jun 11, 2016, 4:10:23 AM6/11/16
to berkeleydb, bangalore...@gmail.com, Sharath Chandar

What a shame..we all have lapses and shortcomings..
Hope humanity rises and her determination succeeds !

Ali Poonawala

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jun 16, 2016, 4:47:32 AM6/16/16
to Ali Poonawala, berkeleydb, bangalore...@gmail.com, Sharath Chandar
Looks like she has gone a good distance.

santosh kumar

Jun 16, 2016, 8:34:09 PM6/16/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, bangalore...@gmail.com, berkeleydb, Sharath Chandar, Ali Poonawala

I guess she cut short her trip and joined back mid way.