Trans Am Bike Race 2016 - Opendro's account

Opendro

Nov 17, 2016, 4:11:09 AM11/17/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I finally managed to capture some moments, mostly helpless and frustrating moments, though of courage and will power.

As I had mentioned earlier, I'm not proud of what I have achieved. Nevertheless, it is a big achievement for me. May be a once-in-a-lifetime achievement!

It is long, but lacks the details. Please read at your own peril of wasting time ;)

Ali Poonawala

Nov 19, 2016, 8:28:52 AM11/19/16
to Opendro, Sharath Chandar

Hi Open..
Lovely straight read..start to finish..

The sheer effort you have put in remembering the names of places, people and with  photographs, you have given a 'handle bar' view of TransAM..!!
The picture of yours with the bike,  showing various highlights of what you carried, is a gem... and with your permission..would share with the community..

Friends.. do read the blog..

We don't get opportunities like this often, at our doorsteps, to peep into champions' minds ..!!

Warm regards

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---
04a Columbia Inn Astoria.jpg

Aravind M S

Nov 22, 2016, 7:28:44 AM11/22/16
to Ali Poonawala, Opendro, Sharath Chandar
Hello Opendro,

Fantastic report. Lost for words for your resilience and the pain that you underwent. Your narration really understates the pain, though one cannot experience other's pain, but can imagine it would have been many folds greater than this narration.
For me the most lovely part is, the way you have captured your pedaling effort. Feels as though you did not put much effort in pedaling. When i think of the distance is whopping 7000+ km, head starts spinning.

Opendro

Nov 22, 2016, 7:46:29 AM11/22/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks Aravind for the appreciation and expressing your thoughts on my pain :)

If you meant to say that my legs didn't put much effort in pedaling, that would be right. There was only one day, in Missouri, when my felt muscle soreness. I was low on energy on other times and legs were underutilized. I was not supposed to burn too much of my legs anyway. But, I intended to ride in zone 2 over prolonged time at least, which I failed.

biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Ashok Kumar S

Nov 22, 2016, 8:18:15 AM11/22/16
to Ali Poonawala, Opendro, Sharath Chandar
I have started and I'm mid way. So detailed indeed!!! Thanks a lot Open.

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bangalore-bike...@googlegroups.com.