Bib Shorts

Jayesh

Apr 6, 2015, 11:22:34 AM4/6/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Location: Bangalore

Hello,

I am looking for good quality Bib Shorts for myself. Needed some suggested brands and places where i can buy them from. I have seen the ones at Decathlon, but was not quite impressed with their quality.

Regards
Jayesh

berkeleydb

Apr 6, 2015, 1:28:02 PM4/6/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Can't comment on all the aspects of the Decathlon bib shorts, as I have_not used them.  But I use the padded shorts; ones with the Orange padding.  I would say they are quite good.  I believe their bib shorts have the same padding.

-{db}.

yagnesh ahir

Apr 7, 2015, 12:47:15 AM4/7/15
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Decathlon has orange pad bib shorts which are good enough for 30-50kms daily ride.
Otherwise if you are okay to pay 6000+ then go with Castelli, they are just amazing!

Hope this info helps you :)

Happy cycling :)

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Yateesh Kumar

Apr 7, 2015, 1:02:09 AM4/7/15
to Jayesh, Bangalore Bikers Club

Try Nilgiri thar

really  good one.

Opendro

Apr 7, 2015, 1:05:08 AM4/7/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
30-50 kms shouldn't typically need bib short. But then, I don't know the circumstances and other conditions (besides the distance) to say this firmly.

I use the Decathlon shorts (bib or non-bib). I had done all kinds of distances using it - 600 as a novice cyclist in 2011 (just within a month of riding road bike first time), 1000 and 1200 - all on shorts from decathlon. I paid, I think, around 500 to 700 (after discount). The only time I didn't use decathlon bib shorts was during my 1240 (Kolhapur) brevet when I used my team shorts. Funnily, I got butt sore and abrasions during this Kolhapur brevet only, though I attribute that to my not using a good poncho to protect the short from mud slush. I took care of this in other rides and I didn't have any kind of butt sore.

So, it probably has more to do with the way we ride rather than the shorts quality itself. Not denying that some products might have better comfort and finish than others. But they don't have all the advantages to justify the price. Same applies to my running shoes too. Any shoe more than 1K is unjustified unless I'm trying to break a world record.

Jayesh Ghatge

Apr 7, 2015, 1:12:31 AM4/7/15
to Opendro, Sharath Chandar
All good suggestions. My reservation abut the Decathlon shorts is not comfort at all. I have been using the orange padded shorts (not bib shorts) for the last 1 year. Its just that when i visit the store, those bib shorts look so old and dusty that i do not feel like picking one up.

I am planning to buy the bib shorts for distances over 60-70 K. The problem i have with my current shorts is that it is not long enough, so it starts looking funny once it starts rolling up as you ride. hence looking for something that is slightly longer in length and getting bib shorts and t-shirt will complete the look and the comfort for the long rides that me and friends are doing every weekend.

Currently wearing normal shorts over the cycling shorts, so either ways the cycling shorts do not serve the intended purpose. While a lot of suggestions have come in, do let me know shops in Bangalore where i can go and check these bib shorts.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Bangalore Bikers Club" group.

drshankar tv

Apr 7, 2015, 1:37:51 AM4/7/15
to Jayesh Ghatge, Opendro, Sharath Chandar
Hello,
Cadence90 used to stock bib shorts, you can enquire with Mr Chethan Ram- 9880038450.

Cheers,
Shankar.