Kalahatty - The Stuff of Nightmares! Day 3 Report of Tour of Nilgiris

Venky

Dec 19, 2016, 7:38:36 AM12/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi all,

Day 3 report of another epic day on Kalahatty is here: http://www.govenkygo.com/2016/12/kalahatty-stuff-of-nightmares-day-3.html

--
Cheers,
Venky
govenkygo.com

Chidambaran Subramanian

Dec 19, 2016, 8:40:33 AM12/19/16
to Venky, Bangalore Bikers Club
Why do you equate Kalahatti with nightmares?

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Opendro

Dec 20, 2016, 1:39:48 AM12/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Chiddu, you are the only person I know who says, a non-functioning rear shifter is okay for Kalhatty :-) I believe, you climbed it in 1x3 combination this year in May on a hot day.

For the rest of the folks, it is all about choosing the right gear ratio. But I have to admit, Kalhatty has the dual distinction of incessant climb with no respite in between (not until the temple) as well as mystic and charming climb with beautiful views.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Venky <hiven...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Day 3 report of another epic day on Kalahatty is here: http://www.govenkygo.com/2016/12/kalahatty-stuff-of-nightmares-day-3.html

--
Cheers,
Venky
govenkygo.com

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Nelson

Dec 20, 2016, 5:01:34 AM12/20/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Well Said Opendro...

Sent from my iPhone

Chidambaran Subramanian

Dec 21, 2016, 2:48:38 AM12/21/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
There actually is a small respite somewhere around the middle. Very small.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Dec 21, 2016, 2:49:44 AM12/21/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
The section around the waterfall is flat. And there is another small ease-out (may be still upward but small) on the way to that as well.

Lets plan on a revisit!

Chidambaran Subramanian

Dec 22, 2016, 4:51:44 AM12/22/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
And thanks for reminding me that I did Kalhatti on 1-3. However I didn't do it entirely on the cycle. Initially I took breaks, and then at times I walked for short distances and then got back. No section is so steep that it could not be done on 1-3 , but impossible to sustain the entire stretch with my fitness levels then. I have lost some weight now and should try it again.

And yeah I should blog more frequently. I had forgotten the 1-3 aspect. Thanks for remembering that ;)