How dangerous is Mysore Road for cycling these days? <eom>

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 3, 2017, 9:20:31 PM8/3/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)

Opendro

Aug 4, 2017, 1:35:37 AM8/4/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Drive on that road once and see. But, don't go on a cycle. Go on a car. That road is just insane - all hours.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 4, 2017, 2:09:25 AM8/4/17
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
My perception too

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

suman paul

Aug 4, 2017, 3:07:44 AM8/4/17
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club

Kanakapura - malavalli - purigalli - narasipura - mysore is best for riding. Lakes, villages, fields, good roads, no traffic.

thank you & regards

suman

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 4, 2017, 3:23:04 AM8/4/17
to suman paul, Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Saar, this is for a night ride.

santosh kumar

Aug 4, 2017, 6:36:49 AM8/4/17
to Chidambaran Subramanian, suman paul, Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Last I rode on Mysore road was in December, on my way back from Ooty.

Anil kadsur might have a different opinion.

If you happen to be anywhere near a slow bus or a lorry, (ahead/behind/next - doesn't matter where) and if that slow bus is overtaken by a faster HTV. My prayers are with you! :D

Our onward route was what Suman suggested, I would suggest this route even in the night, although it is a 2 lane road. Better of the two roads.

Cheers
Santosh

vivek

Aug 4, 2017, 7:35:17 AM8/4/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, chi...@gmail.com, suma...@me.com, ope...@gmail.com
Kanakpura road was not very safe in the dark, mostly due to mugging incidents and robbery. Not sure of the current situation. But with low vehicular movement it sure does pose different challenges.

Regards,
Vivek

On Friday, 4 August 2017 16:06:49 UTC+5:30, Santosh wrote:
Last I rode on Mysore road was in December, on my way back from Ooty.

Anil kadsur might have a different opinion.

If you happen to be anywhere near a slow bus or a lorry, (ahead/behind/next - doesn't matter where) and if that slow bus is overtaken by a faster HTV. My prayers are with you! :D

Our onward route was what Suman suggested, I would suggest this route even in the night, although it is a 2 lane road. Better of the two roads.

Cheers
Santosh

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Chidambaran Subramanian <chi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Saar, this is for a night ride.