sarjapura road widened ...

berkeleydb

Jul 23, 2017, 9:06:12 PM7/23/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I went to Sarjapura road on Sunday evening (~6-7pm) after few months (4-6months perhaps), & saw that the road has been widened on a considerable stretch.

(See Sarjapura rd secrion on this route -- https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1872336494. Considerable sections there have been widened.)

The widening seemed to be mostly on the left side, as one comes from Sarjapura, towards ORR. Tar has been laid, though final surfacing was pending.

Felt nice to ride there, as I used to find the traffic to be heavy for the earlier undivided 2 lanes. (Divider still not there on considerable stretches.)

Also, quite a few shops have come up there. The area has had a bit of a transformation.

-{db}.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jul 23, 2017, 11:26:11 PM7/23/17
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Sarjapura road has been widened.
Sarjapura - Attibele road has been (or is) widened
Kanakapura road is being widened (will become a 4 lane highway eventually all the way to Dindigul). Many trees between Harohalli and Kanakapura are gone)

Achche din I guess

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

berkeleydb

Jul 24, 2017, 4:09:43 AM7/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I see... have not been on those other stretches as well for some time. Will try those out some time. Is the Dommasandra-Chandapura road also being widened?

The trees being cut -- yeah, that is very painful. Saw the remanants of some trees yesterday on Kanakpura road --
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ED4tXwCg2Rsthghg2

Reminder of the environmental cost of such projects. Really wonder if digging up a large portion of ground around a big tree (with considerable roots attached), & moving/replanting the tree elsewhere, is_not feasible (or not guaranteed to save the tree)?

-{db}.

berkeleydb

Jul 24, 2017, 3:04:58 PM7/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Btw, what sections of Kanakpura road have been widened so far? If widening work is in-progress, any sections to avoid?

-{db}.

Praveen Ravindran

Oct 29, 2017, 5:51:23 AM10/29/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi, I would also like to know whether the Chandapura-Dommasandra road from Muthanullar Cross on Sarjapura road would be widened. Some says the plan has been shelved and some says it would be widened. Any update on this road pls? Thanks so much.

berkeleydb

Nov 6, 2017, 8:22:36 PM11/6/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I rode on the Dommasandra-Chandapura road on Sunday, on this section --
Shared route
https://goo.gl/maps/qYqr7bRWxEU2

I don't recall seeing any widening prep or work on that section.

Aside -- Rode a bit on Kanakpura Road (~10kms beyond NICE rd junction), couple of weeks back. Dae some road widening prep work in some places, plus one stretch which had been concretised & divided. Wondering how it is, further on.

-{db}.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Nov 6, 2017, 11:50:44 PM11/6/17
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Kanakapura Road is being widened all the way to Dindigul Its an NHAI project

-{db}.

berkeleydb

Nov 14, 2017, 11:21:09 AM11/14/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
How much actual work has been done? On which stretches has the widening been completed?

Close to Bangalore (after crossing NICE Rd), the work so far looked pretty limited.

-{db}.

Gourav Sengupta

Nov 14, 2017, 12:39:25 PM11/14/17
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
the photograph of those cut trees!!!!! why did you have to post them man???? Its immensely painful to look at them and the way Bangalore is being robbed of its treasures, look at London and Berlin, they are some of the busiest cities in the world, yet they have so many trees around.

With a very heavy and sad mood,
Gourav
(PS: for once, I really feel sad, this email is not pun)

-{db}.