Drive Without Borders:One Nation-One Road Tax

Senthil

Apr 1, 2015, 5:41:38 AM4/1/15
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Hey,

I just signed the petition "Union Transport Minister.: Drive Without Borders:One Nation-One Road Tax" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 50,000 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/union-transport-minister-drive-without-borders-one-nation-one-road-tax?recruiter=43981162&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Thanks!
senthil

Opendro

Apr 1, 2015, 5:48:44 AM4/1/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
While it is desirable wish, I doubt if it will bear any fruit. 30 days is probably long enough. I personally wouldn't use a vehicle in any state longer than 30 days.

I also thought that Karnataka traffic police are the kindest of all while handing offenders. Tamil Nandu traffic police is the worst while handling offenders. I travel almost 5 to 10 times each year to Tamil Nadu.

Shankar Shastry

Apr 1, 2015, 5:56:30 AM4/1/15
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
I thought there was no road tax for bicycles. Or did the OP misunderstand the relevancy of non motorised two wheelers in this group?

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

deepakvrao

Apr 3, 2015, 12:18:22 PM4/3/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
While this has nothing to do with cycling, I have to say that if you believe that India is a single country, why the heck should there be any restrictions in driving in any state? It's a bloody rip off.