Amazon Sale - Giant Escape 1 W DDHybrid

Arjun Chetna

May 10, 2017, 3:59:37 AM5/10/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hey guys,

Amazon is having a sale with 60% discounts on bikes.

I am looking to buy the Giant Escape 1 W DDHybrid. Link - http://amzn.to/2qq7Ete

Any ideas on whether its a good bike? Worth the buy?

Pradeep Naidu

May 10, 2017, 4:32:38 AM5/10/17
to Arjun Chetna, Bangalore Bikers Club
Talk to venky from wheel sports if he stocks gaint or talk to rr madivala..  The mrp might be lesser than the discounted price from Amazon..
Btw  is a small size crane amazon has put up.. Please confirm your size required before you buy

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Deepak Majipatil

May 10, 2017, 4:36:23 AM5/10/17
to Pradeep Naidu, Arjun Chetna, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yes. Venky has polygon for around 28k.saw it yesterday

Deepak Majipatil

May 10, 2017, 4:40:31 AM5/10/17
to Pradeep Naidu, Arjun Chetna, Bangalore Bikers Club
With acera groupset.

Arjun Chetna

May 10, 2017, 9:23:12 AM5/10/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, ar...@wink.io
Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the input! Will check out RR cycles. The last bike I got from there had a few issues and am having a terrible time servicing it.

Best,

On 10-May-2017 1:29 PM, "Arjun Chetna" <ar...@wink.io> wrote:
Hey guys,

Amazon is having a sale with 60% discounts on bikes.

I am looking to buy the Giant Escape 1 W DDHybrid. Link - http://amzn.to/2qq7Ete

Any ideas on whether its a good bike? Worth the buy?

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com
---

berkeleydb

May 21, 2017, 7:11:35 PM5/21/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Check on the Giant website, & see if the specs/MRP quoted on Amazon are correct.

I see that Amazon link mentions Alivio derailleur s & carbon fork. Specs look good, but the Giant Escape (2 variants) that I recall seeing at RR Cycles Madivala, had entry level derailleurs & Alu-fork. And MRP was ~Rs30K, IIRC. So not sure which variant this Giant Escape is, listed on the Amazon site.

What was the earlier bike that you purchased from RR Cycles? Might want to take it to their Madivala shop, if you haven't already.

-{db}.

Arjun Chetna

May 21, 2017, 11:54:40 PM5/21/17
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
I have the cannondale quick 4 2014 Model. Amazing bike but desperately need a new derailleur hanger!

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com
---
arjun chetna / designer
› wink · new media + design