Montra Helicon -- new hybrid with 27.5" wheels ...

berkeleydb

Nov 20, 2016, 10:06:16 AM11/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Saw the new Montra Helicon hybrid with 27.5" wheels at RR Cycles --

https://montra.in/urban-sport/montra-helicon-2016/
https://www.trackandtrail.in/cycles/montra/helicon-27-5/

Looks like a good cycle at the sub-₹15K price range.

-{db}.

ps: There is also a new Mach City hybrid, all-steel frame. Single speed & geared variants. sub-₹10K & sub-₹15K prices, respectively. These too seem to be quite good. Expecting all these to be quite popular amongst beginners.

Opendro

Nov 22, 2016, 6:16:43 AM11/22/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Yes, it looks good. In fact, I suggested this for some people who are price conscious to try out.

I also suggested the https://machcity.com/ibike-w-7-speed/ for ladies who were hell bent on a budget below 10k.

But most of them complained that they couldn't find an appropriate showroom to see the bike physically.

Girish V

Nov 22, 2016, 6:30:01 AM11/22/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Just went to check the bike. I thought its a good replacement for my old Act 110+ (no, not upgrading)
and the price quoted at 13.5k also looked reasonable. I thought its better VFM compared to the mach city
munich with a difference of only 2k.

Would have picked directly if the matte black colour was available. They had only that greenish blue (or some)
colour which I did not like much.

Rakesh said he is expecting the matte black in Dec second week and I am sure this bike is going to be my new
year self present.

Now, I have to think of what to do with my perfectly running Act 110+.

Girish

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

santosh kumar

Nov 22, 2016, 8:39:54 AM11/22/16
to Girish V, Opendro, BBC

27.5 is an odd wheel size no??  Tyre replacements, tubes options may be less. Right??

Girish V

Nov 22, 2016, 8:54:23 AM11/22/16
to Manish Rajput, Bangalore Bikers Club

Hi manish,

I checked the bike at RR cycles, koramangala. If you around BTM layout or JP nagar, you can check the same there. They also have a shop in Domlur I think.
Other than that, the best option will be track and trail

Girish

On 22-Nov-2016 5:43 PM, "Manish Rajput" <myweb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Girish,
Can you help me figure out where in Bangalore I could take a look at the Montra bikes?
I loved them too, but do not want to pick them up online.

Regards,
Manish Rajput
~never say die~

O p e n d r o

Nov 22, 2016, 9:05:54 AM11/22/16
to santosh kumar, Girish V, BBC
It is becoming common these days. I was able to get tubes from Decathlon for very reasonable price.

Narayan R

Nov 22, 2016, 10:26:26 AM11/22/16
to O p e n d r o, santosh kumar, Girish V, BBC
Off topic,

Does stock ACT 110 rim have 32 spokes or 36 spokes ?

With Regards,
R Narayan

berkeleydb

Nov 24, 2016, 3:51:13 PM11/24/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Yeah... 27.5" wheels are becoming popular. In cities, tyre/tube availability should not be an issue. Pricing should be ok too.

The Mach City Munich did remind me of the Act 110.

Pics of the two bikes --
https://picasaweb.google.com/113073599533448770516/6355154986600418081#6355156442439313170
https://picasaweb.google.com/113073599533448770516/6355154986600418081#6355156826819172850

Folks can check them out at RR Cycles, Madiwala.

Really nice to see some good bikes being introduced in this price segment.

-{db}.