People for police : Celebration ride for KSRP Karnataka Darshana team

Yateesh Kumar

Jul 21, 2017, 9:15:34 PM7/21/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club B'lore (Go Green Initiator's Club)
People for police : Celebration ride for KSRP Karnataka Darshana team
Nimmondige endendigu (With you always!)

Dear Friends,

humbly appeal to take a few minutes to read completely and join us** on your bikes on 25th July 2017, 3PM at Chamarajapete Police grounds in honour of the KSRP team who are completing their 1700 km Karnataka tour on Bicycles spanning over 14 days. After culminating their ride, We, civilians will have the previlege of riding along with them from Chamarajapete till Vidhana Soudha. A well deserved felicitation ceremony is awaiting them for this wonderful feat by Namma Karnataka Police, Rightly so!!

FB link for event : https://goo.gl/2ahLcs

** please RSVP by 5pm , 23rd July with forllowing details to kumar....@gmail.com  {Name/Gender/age/ ID proof(last 4 digits)}

We are trying to arrange guest passes for limited no of people to witness the felicitation ceremony

A glimpse into KSRP Karnataka Darshana - Bicycle Touring by Namma Police

We are currently witnessing a rare phenomenon, a wonderful initiative by KSRP to reach out to people across Karnataka in a unique way with a belief to get closer to civilians as the Tag line (Nimmondige, endendigu ....With you,always!) intends to convey. We observe  that the bonding among the policemen from different commands spread across Karnataka also has bettered few levels up in the process

Shri Bhaskar Rao,IPS currently ADGP - KSRP(Karnataka Reserve Police force) is spearheading his team of 52 Policemen leading by example to motivate the freshmen into going the distance. His leadership and vision is awe inspiring & showing clearly in the way the KSRP team riders are going from strength to strength every day. Shri Bhaskar rao is well known among the Bangalore bikers through his Multiple day cycling rides under his belt and famous for his humility, friendly demeanour and openness. He is a real superhero who is on a mission to transform the policemen and also their equation with common public.

KSRP's Karnataka Darshana Ride is intended to ride across Karnataka on Bicycles covering 1750+ Kilometers relentlessly covering anywhere between 150-200 km distance everyday riding through dusty terrains, toiling in headwinds, rain, hilly terrains, & hot plains alike with unmatachable grit & determination.
The close knit team under curation of Sports officer ES Samanth, Inspector set out with the following things in mind to be achieved
1. Strengthen the bond among Policemen
2. Inculcating culture of sports among Policemen
3. Spread awareness on cleanliness along the ride route
4. Police for People - Interaction with civilians, school kids along the route
5. Encourage Bicycle tourism
6. Safety awareness - cycling and road safety
7. Environmental awareness - tree planting at all the KSRP/CAR commands after finishing the day's ride

Surpassing everyones expectations, these men in cycling Jerseys were received with grand welcome wherever they go. The atmosphere turned festive everywhere around the heroes on wheels. an overwhelming response raising cusiosity among kids, women, men quite literally almost everyone whom they met on their way. It is heartening to see people turning out to greet policemen with traditonal arati, Kalasa and in some cases with flowers and banner. the way the boys are riding to meet people certainly commands the respect and desrving hero welcome/  moments captured and featured on Karnataka Darshana(FB page). Already, there is a massive fan following on the social Media.
On the other hand, Kannada film industry is also inspired enough by namma police. popular faces from film fraternity are voluntarily sharing their love and respect towards the ride through their video messages on the page.
KSRP Karnataka Darshana

Acknowledgements

Shri Bhaskar Rao, IPS. ADGP - KSRP
Chief anchor, Leading the initiative front every aspect of the ride holistically
Shri Samanth ES , Police Inspector, Tour Director, overall planning

Murali HR, Team Namma Nimma cycle Foundation for conceptualizing the idea of cycling among Police and Bicycle tourim, guidance on Bike selection, accessories selection and ride planning, advise on preparatory rides, Procurement co-ordination

Venkatesh Shivarama, Team Wheel sports for identifying and arrange bikes suitable for touring at competitive prices and necessary logistics

Deepak Majipatil, Team TfN/RACF for design & procurement custom made KSRP Karnataka Darshana Jerseys, Shorts at competitive price, Elevation maps for the tour

Sunil Nanjappa, Yashas Team BMF Direction of Photography, Drone captures

Thanks & Regards
Yateesh
9900199153

justin joseph

Jul 22, 2017, 10:07:21 AM7/22/17
to Yateesh Kumar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Bangalore Bikers Club
Karnataka police force is amongst the most or the most corrupt police forces in India.  Both from publicly available studies and personal experience.  They had to be payed bribe to complete my friend"s brothers post mortem formalities and releasing the body.  Every one knows the luxuries provided to the madam in Bangalore prison.  Why should we support them for awareness program that completely and absolutely ignores this elephant in the room issue of corruption? This is probably their PR to deflect attention from real problems.  From killing Saketh Rajan in a fake encounter to brutality in beating women protesters and farmers, anti people Karnataka police actions can be found in plenty on google.  I don't see any privilege in riding with these cops.  If they add corruption awareness and citizens rights,  well maybe..

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Opendro

Jul 24, 2017, 3:00:41 AM7/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
General rule of thumb is - wherever there is corruption in recruitment, there will be insincerity, if not corruption, in duty.

In general, all police recruitment all over the country is corrupt, just like many other recruitment at state level. Central level departments are somewhat better.

Pradeep Naidu

Jul 24, 2017, 4:17:33 AM7/24/17
to justin joseph, Yateesh Kumar, Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Justin
I know I'm going completely off topic and many will start to debate soon.

But before you comment..  Kindly look  at the ground realities first..  Please read up on the salary every constable is earning.  I'm not justifying this..  But there is a harsh reality called life and on top of it another harsh reality called wife..

And there are others who want to work very sincerely but they are not allowed to do so..  You have quoted a jail example.. But you know what happened to the lady officer after that..

I'm out of this debate..

Shreyas k

Jul 24, 2017, 11:10:08 AM7/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, justinj...@gmail.com, kumar....@gmail.com, ggi-...@googlegroups.com
LOL Pradeep harsh reality called Life or Wife ??

Justin we're All a Little Biased, Even if We Don't Know It. It's a common phrase that the Indian Police is the most corrupt police force in the world, which is not true. It is also believed that Every Officer Is Corrupt which is again not true. I'm not getting into any stats but I can tell you about it from a personal experience. Corruption is a two party activity. If you don't offer, they won't ask. Even if they ask, you have an option to go the right legal way.

Not showing up to cheer KSRP policemen that completed 1700 km Karnataka tour on Bicycles as measure of fighting corruption within police department makes no sense, for many of us on this forum cycling is means to connect with others, cycling is what brings us together and we as community should respect and encourage everyone that rides bicycle or promote cycling.

justin joseph

Jul 24, 2017, 2:01:58 PM7/24/17
to Shreyas k, Bangalore Bikers Club, Yateesh Kumar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)

Being biker's and cycling enthusiasts does not mean that because the emperor is riding a bike, we cannot/must not point out the fact that the emperor is also naked.

This looks like a state sponsored exercise to boost the morale, cohesion etc.. of the police force, which is a good thing http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Mangalore/rousing-reception-for-ksrp-cycling-group/article19329579.ece The chief minister and other cabinet minister's are likely going to welcome the cycling team.

In this particular case, the cycle is merely a tool in a big PR exercise.  In any case, I wholeheartedly welcome any positive side effects of this for society, police force and hope fellow biker's who are part of this also discuss the issue of corruption(with cops) and other reported police atrocities which forms the basis of our(common man)interaction's with the police force.

Yateesh Kumar

Jul 25, 2017, 3:01:52 AM7/25/17
to justin joseph, Shreyas k, GGI-Club B'lore (Go Green Initiator's Club), Bangalore Bikers Club
Justin,

Brushing it off with prejudice, saying it's PR stunt is easier.  For facts, DIG prison issue came to light after a week of the commencing of the ride.
Your frustration is understandable. I respect your choice to stay away from the ride and police.

What you need to understand is This is an initiative built on an idea & concept proposed to Mr. Bhaskar Rao, IPS  by Murali, Namma Nimma Cycle Foundation 6months ago. Lot of preparation has gone into this over this time. Wheel sports was involved in procurement of cycles for them 2 months prior.  Team TfN/RACF took up jersey design and procurement with nearly a month to spare.
Most importantly, we see it as a step forward to bridge the gap between police and civilians. I personally believe We have to put our best foot forward. What better way than riding along with them?

Regards
Yateesh

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jul 25, 2017, 3:17:16 AM7/25/17
to Yateesh Kumar, justin joseph, Shreyas k, GGI-Club B'lore (Go Green Initiator's Club), Bangalore Bikers Club
Its  a working day. Many of us wont' be able to make it

Ali Poonawala

Jul 25, 2017, 3:17:59 AM7/25/17
to Yateesh Kumar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), justin joseph, Bangalore Bikers Club, Shreyas k
Hi folks
This is the place according to Go Green message.

Note the link shown by Go Green message by Prabhakar Go Green Rao is  incorrect, and is showing Adugodi ground..

Chamraj pet location is as below :
Police Grounds
Anjanappa Gardens, Jagajeevanram Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560053

3 o'clock is the time will proceed as mentioned with riders to be greeted by CM.

Any cycling effort should be lauded.
Other issues to be raised at appropriate occasions.

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jul 25, 2017, 3:21:29 AM7/25/17
to Ali Poonawala, Yateesh Kumar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), justin joseph, Bangalore Bikers Club, Shreyas k
Any cycling effort should be lauded.
Other issues to be raised at appropriate occasions.

Agree so much with this POV

Opendro

Jul 25, 2017, 4:10:31 AM7/25/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I agree. Grab every opportunity to publicize cycling (I would have liked to be there).

Yateesh Kumar

Jul 26, 2017, 12:31:48 AM7/26/17
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Shreyas k, justin joseph, Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club B'lore (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Yes chiddu. But some 20of us rode with them. Some pics here. Thanks to everyone who joined.

--

---
IMG_20170725_161051.jpg

Opendro

Jul 26, 2017, 1:37:18 AM7/26/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Nice looking bikes. What were they riding?

---

Yateesh Kumar

Jul 26, 2017, 1:51:28 AM7/26/17
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Polygon bikes, path 1& path2 models

Suitable frames for touring purpose, amazing bikes!!