Nokia 8110 4G secret properties, tweaks and tricks

Luxferre

Aug 4, 2018, 5:03:32 AM8/4/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Glossary:

System property is the property to manipulate with adb shell getprop/setprop command
Device property is the property to manipulate with "Device Preferences" tab in WebIDE (requires privileged mode).
Device setting is the property to manipulate with "Device Settings" tab in WebIDE (doesn't require privileged mode).

To turn on ADB and WebIDE access without jailbreaking, you can use *#*#33284#*#* (*#*#debug#*#*) secret code.

Enable network type selection for both SIM cards

By default, Nokia 8110 4G allows you to only select 3G or 4G network for the SIM that has data transfer enabled, other being always 2G. To enable selection of all network types for both SIMs, issue the following commands:

adb shell setprop persist.moz.ril.0.network_types gsm,wcdma,lte
adb shell setprop persist.moz.ril.1.network_types gsm,wcdma,lte
adb reboot

After reboot, you should be able to select any combination of network types for both SIMs in the "Mobile Network & Data" settings submenu.

Turn off the second SIM

If you own a dual-SIM version of 8110 but never need another SIM card, you can switch the phone to a single-SIM mode to conserve some battery life. To do this, run the following commands:

adb shell setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
adb reboot

After reboot, the phone will completely start acting as a single-SIM model.
To change the settings back, you'll need to run:

adb shell setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
adb shell setprop persist.moz.ril.0.network_types gsm,wcdma,lte
adb shell setprop persist.moz.ril.1.network_types gsm,wcdma,lte
adb reboot

If the data transfer settings still cannot be restored to the second SIM, you might want to run the adb shell setprop persist.moz.ril.1.network_types gsm,wcdma,lte command again and reboot or perform a factory reset.

Service boot modes: recovery and EDL

Nokia 8110 has a recovery mode (it has no fastboot mode though as of now - it's blocked from the firmware). Recovery menu can be accessed either with adb reboot recovery command or by turning the phone on keeping Up button pressed until the menu appears. It allows you to install patches from both sideload interface and SD card (as of now, recovery is not so secure: update.zip archives just must be signed with test-keys from AOSP 6.0.1_r3, I even created Stockerize tool package to help with signing), view boot and kernel logs and wipe data and cache partitions.

EDL mode, on the other hand, is a Qualcomm-specific "emergency download" mode that can be only entered with the undocumented adb reboot edl command. When you reboot into it, you'll see nothing but black screen, but it's normal. It's designed to be operable only with proprietary Qualcomm tools. To exit this mode, the easiest way is to plug the battery out of the phone and to put it back, and then turn the phone on normally.

Other found tricks will be appended here or in the replies.

Zhang Bird

Aug 17, 2018, 9:39:48 AM8/17/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thank you very much. It's very helpful ! 💪

在 2018年8月4日星期六 UTC+8下午5:03:32,Luxferre写道:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ivan

Nov 15, 2018, 2:47:38 PM11/15/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
To increase internet speed a classical Android trick that works also on our Nokias 8110

Internet fast tweak

adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.wifi 524288,1048576,2097152,524288,1048576,2097152
adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.umts 6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,524288
adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.gprs 6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,524288
adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.edge 6144,87380,524288,6144,16384,262144
adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.hspa 6144,87380,524288,6144,16384,262144
adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.lte 524288,1048576,2097152,524288,1048576,2097152
adb shell setprop persist.net.tcp.buffersize.evdo 6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576
adb reboot
Message has been deleted

AdvancedHACKERniV1

Dec 30, 2018, 12:19:15 PM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I think the Nokia 8110 4G does not have a file manager inbuilt. I realized that today.
Very sorry if I'm wrong.
I've got my hands on the official KaiOS file manager. I think.
Found it on the Jio Phone.

Ivan

Dec 30, 2018, 12:40:56 PM12/30/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thank you, this is the same app posted here:

I wanted to try the jio's filemanager times ago to see if there is a "pick" function to permit files to be uploaded on the websites when possible, but it still not present this function.

AdvancedHACKERniV1

Jan 17, 2019, 8:06:37 AM1/17/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Ivan

Jan 17, 2019, 9:42:49 AM1/17/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
it is a fake guide...these Roms are for other devices Nokia

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 17, 2019, 9:52:51 AM1/17/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
none of them are Banana's stock rom,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 8:42 PM Ivan <ivan1...@gmail.com> wrote:
it is a fake guide...these Roms are for other devices Nokia

Patoi

Jan 20, 2019, 5:39:05 AM1/20/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hey!

Is there a way to enable "Desktop-mode" in the browser? (no matter which browser)
The reason is, I would really like to be able to play music from Spotify from my banana and as far as I know, there won´t be an app available in any store.

best regards!

Luxferre

Jan 26, 2019, 4:43:22 AM1/26/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Found another way to enter EDL mode on 8110 (useful since it loses connection very often): press D-pad Up and Down simultaneously and power the phone on.

SWong

Jan 28, 2019, 1:41:58 AM1/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi Luxferre, I've tried to enable 4g for both simcard. I can choose 4g for both simcard but when slot in 2 simcard, one active, the other one will stated no network. (note: I'm using it in Singapore where there is no 2g network) i think even we can choose 4g network, but it still try to connect to 2g. is there any step I missed?

TZ

Jan 31, 2019, 7:12:17 PM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
After using

adb shell setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
adb reboot

My WiFi was disables, I re-enabled it after running