Bamboo hangs on new datasets

Ukang'a Dickson

Oct 15, 2013, 8:51:20 AM10/15/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com, Peter Lubell-Doughtie, Mark Johnston
Not sure what is a miss, but seems bamboo.io is not responding after creating new datasets - it is stuck at loading on bamboo.io/datasets/4b0e7af0b80740f2a69eb4b5f719f646/info. looking into the celeryd.log and uwsgi_bamboo.log does not seem to yield any info on the request. Any idea what's not working as expected?

Regards,
- Ukang'a

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Oct 15, 2013, 8:54:38 AM10/15/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Not sure, the test's claim to passing so this could be a deploy issue.  I suggest checking to make sure it looks OK locally and if so getting onto the server and examining the celery logs.

Ukang'a Dickson

Oct 15, 2013, 9:13:44 AM10/15/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

I was talking about the server, not local setup. It's failure is making difficult to resolve an issue with soildoc which does rely on bamboo.io.

Regards,
- Ukang'a

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Oct 15, 2013, 10:01:35 AM10/15/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

I know, but since I'm not sure if the issue has to do with problems on the server or in the code doing this test could narrow the possibilities.

Ukang'a Dickson

Oct 15, 2013, 10:16:40 AM10/15/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
What I was doing was activating the bamboo link on a form in formhub, this will generate a bamboo.io link to a dataset, when following up on the link, the page will not load. As a temporary measure, I have put celery on always eager mode which allows me now to see the dataset/info and the data. My feeling is that, it was being caught up in a pending state.
Also,are you aware of any service in NY(Columbia) making use of bamboo every 10ms requesting data on a specific dataset?

Regards,
- Ukang'a

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Oct 15, 2013, 10:35:54 AM10/15/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

I'm not but it's completely open so anyone could be doing this.

Prabhas Pokharel

Oct 16, 2013, 6:20:19 PM10/16/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

Every six hours, there is a bamboo performance testing script that runs off of the iMac at the NY modilabs office that hits bamboo pretty intensely for a few mins based on bamboo.io's current performance.

Looking at the recent performance: http://bl.ocks.org/prabhasp/raw/5156070/ there seems to have been something introduced into the either the code or the server environment recently that has degraded performance on import significantly, which might have spiraled into this, and the problem that nathan noted as well. I've been meaning to put the performance script and the R document that analyzes the data into one repo that is reproducible, which I just haven't had the time to.

cheers,
--p