No usual meeting in November (but read on)

Ivan Tarasov

Nov 14, 2012, 2:59:53 AM11/14/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
We usually do the meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, except for the times when we don't. This month the 3rd Wednesday is very close to Thanksgiving and I suggest we skip this month (especially since I haven't had enough time to follow up with any of the people who could potentially give a talk; I am sorry).

That doesn't mean that this month is devoid of Haskell though: Tim Sears is organizing a meetup at Hacker Dojo this Thursday, November 15th. See the details here: http://www.meetup.com/haskellhackersathackerdojo/ and please come to this meetup if you can.

Now, looking ahead, we can try to have our December meeting on the 3rd Wednesday, December 19. However that's not set in stone and if many people are away at that time, we can decide on a different date. Other important aspects are the speaker and the venue: I do not have either yet. I remember different several people offering to give a talk at some point in future, if you one of them, please send me a note, even if you won't have enough time to prepare the talk for our December meeting, so that we could plan ahead.

If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to send me a note directly.

Cheers,
Ivan

Eugene Kirpichov

Nov 14, 2012, 3:26:30 AM11/14/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
I can talk about how I made my visualization tools ( http://jkff.info/software/timeplotters ) not keep their input in memory and work in an incremental (multi-pass) fashion (basically, poor man's stream processing), and how I debugged the laziness-related memory leaks ( http://hackage.haskell.org/package/htrace ).

Eugene Kirpichov
http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekirpichov
We're hiring! http://tinyurl.com/mirantis-openstack-engineer

Conal Elliott

Nov 15, 2012, 1:20:54 PM11/15/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Ivan Tarasov <ivan.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

That doesn't mean that this month is devoid of Haskell though: Tim Sears is organizing a meetup at Hacker Dojo this Thursday, November 15th. See the details here: http://www.meetup.com/haskellhackersathackerdojo/ and please come to this meetup if you can.

As mentioned on that page, this first meeting (tonight) is size-limited at 20 and is maxed out with a (short) waiting list, but future meetings will accommodate more.

-- Conal