BayHac 2018: Call for Proposals

Dan Burton

Mar 8, 2018, 1:17:49 PM3/8/18
to haskell-cafe, bay...@googlegroups.com, east-bay-haskell, baha...@googlegroups.com
We are looking to fill out the BayHac 2018 schedule with talks and workshops. Last year we had many wonderful (and lengthy) talks, thanks! This year we are cutting down on the length of talks, as well as the overall time dedicated to them. This will leave more time for hacking. While we hope to accommodate everyone who desires to present, we are asking for proposals this year, which may be rejected if we get more than our limited schedule will allow.

Propose a talk: 10 mins to present, 5 mins for questions. Talks will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube as they were last year.

Propose a workshop: looser time constraints, smaller audiences. Workshops are interactive, guided lectures. Those in attendence will follow your guidance to write and run Haskell code on their own machine. Workshops will not be recorded. If we have difficulty fitting all talks and workshops into the schedule, note that workshops will be strongly preferred.

Propose a set of exercises: no presentation necessary. We would like to have recommended sets of exercises for BayHac attendees to try out and discuss amongst themselves at their leisure. These can be pre-existing sets of exercises, or novel ones that you create.

To make a proposal, please fill out this google form:

Thank you for helping us make BayHac a delightful, educational event for all in attendance.

-- Dan Burton

Aden Grue

Mar 13, 2018, 7:54:54 PM3/13/18
to Bay Area Haskell Users Group
Hey Dan. Is there a deadline for proposals, or is it more of a "first come, first served" thing?

Thanks,
Aden

Dan Burton

Mar 19, 2018, 6:45:10 PM3/19/18
to baha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aden. The latter. There is no hard deadline, though we would appreciate proposals sooner rather than later. =]

-- Dan Burton