topic for the next meeting

Vlad Patryshev

Mar 18, 2012, 3:04:22 PM3/18/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The next meeting will be in EY again, in San Francisco, on March 28, at 7pm.

If somebody has a topic or a talk, please let us know.

I have this short paper, (G)Arrows: Mathematical overview, (attached) from Alex Kuklev in Germany; I'd love to have a discussion of this paper. There's also a bigger pdf with slides, but it is so focused on Scala that it probably does not make much sense to discuss it in a non-scala group... or does it?

Best regards,
-Vlad

arr_mat.pdf

larrytheliquid

Mar 28, 2012, 10:23:59 PM3/28/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
For reference:
* Haskell wiki page on using Arrows: http://www.haskell.org/arrows/
* And a neat paper by Jeremey Gibbons I've been reading on implicitly defining functions according to their universal properties: http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/people/jeremy.gibbons/publications/acmmpc-calcfp.pdf