Lee Rodgers let go

spamtrap1888

Feb 18, 2010, 7:19:24 PM2/18/10
According to the Rich Lieberman blog.

I'm sure I was listening to him in Chicago 50 years ago.

I wonder if he's going to hang up his headphones.

spamtrap1888

Feb 18, 2010, 7:30:26 PM2/18/10

Whoops! 40 years ago.

Lee first went on the air in 1959.

spamtrap1888

Feb 18, 2010, 7:34:51 PM2/18/10

From Billboard, Nov 30, 1968, (on Google Books) we see Lee presenting
Don Ho a plaque for "Tiny Bubbles." Lee broke the single in Chicago.

Also on that page is a two-paragraph squib under the headline "Proof
Radio Is Far From Dead." They could keep that headline permanently set
up in type, I suppose.

gvk2

Feb 18, 2010, 9:50:24 PM2/18/10
On Feb 18, 4:19 pm, spamtrap1888 <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:

I rarely listen to KSFO, but in those few times I have, it just
seems to me that Brian Sussman is not a nice man.
When he was a weather caster, I actually thought he came across as a
fairly nice guy.
Then you hear all this mean stuff flowing forth from him. I thought
it was all a act, but it seems to be his true personality.

Put it this way, in a strange way someone like Michael Savage seems
like a much more personable guy to share a beer with than Sussman. At
least his mean streak is much more straight forward.

Sussman, on the other hand, always seems to me like some evil
Christian type who is trying to appear moral while being filled with
mean thoughts.
Or is that all a act?

Bob Gowa

Feb 18, 2010, 11:05:41 PM2/18/10
On Feb 18, 4:19 pm, spamtrap1888 <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Lee's voice will live on at the top of every minute on WWV...

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 19, 2010, 12:24:40 AM2/19/10

I have to admit that is pretty shocking news. I bet if he stayed at
KGO, he would have still been on the air.

Sussman always looked drunk when he was on TV.

TMC

Feb 19, 2010, 2:44:31 AM2/19/10
On Feb 18, 4:19 pm, spamtrap1888 <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_14427620?source=rss

By Josh Richman
Oakland Tribune
Updated: 02/18/2010 03:15:25 PM PST

Conservative activist Melanie Morgan – whose layoff from her long-
running stint on KSFO talk radio was first reported here back in 2008
– reports today that her former co-host, morning show host Lee
Rodgers, is now done, too.

Indeed, KSFO Programming Vice President Jack Swanson has a statement
up on the station’s Web site welcoming Brian Sussman to the morning
host’s chair in what he calls ” a very natural transition.”

"Although a lot of listeners were unaware, Lee had actually moved to
Arizona many years ago and was broadcasting from his home,” Swanson
wrote. “He later cut back his work schedule to only 4 days a week,
which created the opportunity for Brian to become part of the show. We
are grateful to Lee for his many contributions, and wish him many
happy years in Arizona."

Rodgers’ conservative diatribes often made him a target of liberal
watchdog groups such as Media Matters.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2010/02/lee-rodgers-out-at-ksfo-veteran-sf.html

David Kaye

Feb 19, 2010, 5:15:03 AM2/19/10
TMC <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Indeed, KSFO Programming Vice President Jack Swanson has a statement

>up on the station=92s Web site welcoming Brian Sussman to the morning
>host=92s chair in what he calls =94 a very natural transition.=94

Translation: Lee Rodgers is tanking and Brian Sussman, while not tanking, at
least has a younger audience.

And Melanie Morgan has cancer. Talk about karma coming around and biting you
in the ass...remember when she called for the assassination of Nancy Pelosi?
How does it feel for Mel to be at death's door?

SMS

Feb 19, 2010, 6:52:04 AM2/19/10

You can call (303) 499-7111 to hear WWV. No streaming audio of the
station yet. It doesn't sound like him.

Jim

Feb 19, 2010, 8:46:51 AM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 1:44 am, TMC <tmc1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rodgers’ conservative diatribes often made him a target of liberal
> watchdog groups such as Media Matters.

Like his and Melanie Morgan's statement in 2007 that
George Soros, a Jew, had been a collabarator
of the Nazis in his native Hungary during World War II.
People who make statements like this should be run
out of radio on the first occurrence. When their
management apologizes for these two, they should
apologize for hiring them in the first place.

AM talk radio is for kooks. Period. A liberal progressive
trying to do what a kook does is like Nixon saying that
he's not a crook.

Ciccio

Feb 19, 2010, 10:31:41 AM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 5:46 am, Jim <j.coll...@cross-comp.com> wrote:

> Like his and Melanie Morgan's statement in 2007 that
> George Soros, a Jew, had been a collabarator
> of the Nazis in his native Hungary during World War II.

Well, if youngsters who merely belonged to Hitler Youth, but did
nothing else vis a vis the Nazis, can be called Nazis, then Soros was
a collaborator. At 14 he worked with the cowardly Jewish group who
aided the Nazis in sending Jews to their extermination camps...That's
close enough for me.

Ciccio

Dave Barnett

Feb 19, 2010, 10:48:54 AM2/19/10
SMS wrote:

> You can call (303) 499-7111 to hear WWV. No streaming audio of the
> station yet. It doesn't sound like him.

Um... Since the whole purpose of WWV is to convey accurate time, and
streaming audio must be buffered, what would be the purpose of streaming
WWV anyway? If you have an Internet connection you have NTP.

Dave B.

Ciccio

Feb 19, 2010, 10:49:32 AM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 2:15 am, sfdavidka...@yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

> And Melanie Morgan has cancer.  Talk about karma coming around and biting you
> in the ass...remember when she called for the assassination of Nancy Pelosi?

No. I do remember, however, how Melanie used a figure of speech and
Melanie's detractors contorted her statement as a call for Pelosi's
assassination.

> How does it feel for Mel to be at death's door?

Hmmm. Based on your statement right there, and your karma belief, I
guess, you'll be finding out soon what it's like to be at death's
door, no?

Ciccio

Phil Keller

Feb 19, 2010, 11:16:56 AM2/19/10
gvk2 wrote:

> Sussman, on the other hand, always seems to me like some evil
> Christian type who is trying to appear moral while being filled with
> mean thoughts.
> Or is that all a act?

I have worked with him twice co-hosting parades. My impression is that
he is a nice guy. I have no idea what he is like on the air.

Phil

spamtrap1888

Feb 19, 2010, 11:55:23 AM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 7:49 am, Ciccio <frances...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2:15 am, sfdavidka...@yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>
> > And Melanie Morgan has cancer.  Talk about karma coming around and biting you
> > in the ass...remember when she called for the assassination of Nancy Pelosi?
>
> No. I do remember, however, how Melanie used a figure of speech and
> Melanie's detractors contorted her statement as a call for Pelosi's
> assassination.

I had hoped we had sufficiently thrashed that out. For example, if I
say some manager at work is gunning for me, he's not literally
packing, waiting to catch me off-guard.

> > How does it feel for Mel to be at death's door?
>
> Hmmm. Based on your statement right there, and your karma belief, I
> guess, you'll be finding out soon what it's like to be at death's
> door, no?

I don't think karma works in that fashion. A friend's dog has cancer.
As far as I know she has never barked for the assassination of anyone.

spamtrap1888

Feb 19, 2010, 11:58:28 AM2/19/10

So many right wing talkers feel they have to work themselves up into a
frenzy of, well maybe hate is too strong a word. DXing I had to shut
off the lovable Tim Conway, Jr., as he went into right-wing rant mode
on his KFI show. And I know it's Mark Levin when I hear one long whine.

Jim

Feb 19, 2010, 12:06:48 PM2/19/10

Actually, kook, he informed people marked for deportation
that they were in danger. The occupiers had reasoned that
Jewish children were the only people connected with the
community they could trust to carry out their task, but
with him they got it wrong. And survivors of the Jewish
Council have confirmed his account.

Jim

Feb 19, 2010, 12:33:22 PM2/19/10

The pope was in Hitler Youth. Jews were not.

Most Jews won't even stick around when the
subject turns to Hitler because (a) it is
stressful to learn new bad things about people
you didn't previously consider kooks, (b) one
learns from experience that the mention
of his name is the first stage in baiting.
That's here and now, but it might give
you some sense of how Jews felt during
the war, when the prospect of some day
being accused of collaboration by a
know-nothing like Melanie Morgan
would seem ludicrous.

gvk2

Feb 19, 2010, 1:56:11 PM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 2:15 am, sfdavidka...@yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

> And Melanie Morgan has cancer.  Talk about karma coming around and biting you
> in the ass...

> How does it feel for Mel to be at death's door?

I guess you'll have to ask Ted Kennedy.

Perhaps you know what part of his karma caused the brain tumor, or
was it some kind of delayed karma from Chappaquiddick?

David Kaye

Feb 19, 2010, 2:16:19 PM2/19/10
Ciccio <franc...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hmmm. Based on your statement right there, and your karma belief, I
>guess, you'll be finding out soon what it's like to be at death's
>door, no?

I have never wished ill on anyone, not even Melanie Morgan, who I'm told is
very nice to her friends. At least that's something.

I simply feel sorry for her and others like her, who have such a cavailier
attitude toward life and have such hatred for others that they wish ill on
them. Maybe it has to do with being way too close to death of loved ones that
I could never say anything as hurtful as Melanie Morgan said about Nancy
Pelosi.

David Kaye

Feb 19, 2010, 2:19:53 PM2/19/10
spamtrap1888 <spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I had hoped we had sufficiently thrashed that out. For example, if I
>say some manager at work is gunning for me, he's not literally
>packing, waiting to catch me off-guard.

"We have a bulls-eye painted on her back" is not a figure of speech. It's an
incitement to action. Melanie Morgan knows that. She's extremely bright.
She picked her words carefully to get the fullest effect and to incite someone
to do harm to Pelosi.

Morgan owes Pelosi and us an apology, not a "I'm sorry IF you took offense"
but an "I'm sorry THAT I said something really stupid and I vow never to do it
again."

She has never done that. As I understand it, Morgan's cancer is a very tough
one to fight and that she may not make it. Again, I feel sorry for her that
she's managed to put herself in such a bad position by wishing ill on others.

David Kaye

Feb 19, 2010, 2:22:22 PM2/19/10
gvk2 <gvk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Perhaps you know what part of his karma caused the brain tumor, or
>was it some kind of delayed karma from Chappaquiddick?

Maybe. But, to be honest, I really don't know much about Ted Kennedy, nor did
I care to.

Ciccio

Feb 19, 2010, 2:34:13 PM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 9:06 am, Jim <j.coll...@cross-comp.com> wrote:

> Actually, kook, he informed people marked for deportation
> that they were in danger.

Actually, kook, he was following Nazi orders like many cowardly Jews,
to save his own skin[literally]. He most certainly aided the
confiscation of the property of Jews. Then his papa learned of it and
countermanded the Nazi's orders. Of course, papa, then whisked him out
of harm's way. It's not like he remained behind in some resistance
effort. Of course, later in life he rationalized it by saying of his
cowardly deeds, that if he hadn't done it, somebody else would have...

So, the comments by Rodgers and Morgan weren't far off the mark.

Ciccio

Ciccio

Feb 19, 2010, 2:42:07 PM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 9:33 am, Jim <j.coll...@cross-comp.com> wrote:

> The pope was in Hitler Youth.  Jews were not.

As were millions of other young people who were also conscripted.

> the war, when the prospect of some day
> being accused of collaboration by a
> know-nothing like Melanie Morgan
> would seem ludicrous.

Oh well, he got to live and he's made it clear that he has no pangs of
remorse for his cowardly acts. So, I doubt what Morgan or anybody else
says bothers him.

Ciccio

John Slade

Feb 19, 2010, 4:13:11 PM2/19/10

Lee Rogers is an ignorant liar and I'm now surprised he
got fired. Sometimes when I listen to KSFO I make the mistake of
leaving it on all night so I wake up and hear Lee Rogers calling
Obama all sorts of names and yammering about liberal this and
liberal that. Yet what was missing was I don't remember hearing
him take calls from those who disagree with him. From what I
heard it was just monologue for his whole show. What makes a
show good in my opinion is if the host has something interesting
to say or if he has callers that do. Rogers had neither.

John

John Slade

Feb 19, 2010, 4:40:10 PM2/19/10
David Kaye wrote:
> TMC <tmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Indeed, KSFO Programming Vice President Jack Swanson has a statement
>> up on the station=92s Web site welcoming Brian Sussman to the morning
>> host=92s chair in what he calls =94 a very natural transition.=94
>
> Translation: Lee Rodgers is tanking and Brian Sussman, while not tanking, at
> least has a younger audience.

I don't know why anyone would listen to Rogers for any
length of time.

> And Melanie Morgan has cancer. Talk about karma coming around and biting you
> in the ass...remember when she called for the assassination of Nancy Pelosi?
> How does it feel for Mel to be at death's door?

Wow this is pretty harsh. I don't agree with a lot of
folk on political and other issues but the last thing I would do
is wish any illness or harm on them. It seems the political
landscape is inundated with vitriol these days. Seems mostly
from the right though. It's not enough to disagree with someone
or beat them in an election, they want to see the person dead
and their body dragged through the streets. Just the other day
some politician wanted her opponent lynched. I do believe all
those hateful feelings can come back on you.

John

John Slade

Feb 19, 2010, 4:44:20 PM2/19/10

You know I could say some of the things about the late
Paul Harvey. He said a lot worse than calling for someone's
assassination. Harvey was an advocate of killing women and
children and even said so. This wasn't a metaphor at all. If
people get ill for saying that kind of stuff, then I wouldn't
want to be Rush Limbaugh right now.

John

Ciccio

Feb 19, 2010, 4:45:05 PM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 11:16 am, sfdavidka...@yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

> I have never wished ill on anyone, not even Melanie Morgan, who I'm told is
> very nice to her friends.  At least that's something.

What you said about Melanie was more spitful than the political
lampooning she did about Pelosi...

" And Melanie Morgan has cancer. Talk about karma coming around and
biting you
in the ass...remember when she called for the assassination of Nancy
Pelosi?

How does it feel for Mel to be at death's door?"

Ciccio

John Higdon

Feb 19, 2010, 4:53:49 PM2/19/10
In article <hlmutc$4nv$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Slade <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Lee Rogers is an ignorant liar and I'm now surprised he
> got fired. Sometimes when I listen to KSFO I make the mistake of
> leaving it on all night so I wake up and hear Lee Rogers calling
> Obama all sorts of names and yammering about liberal this and
> liberal that. Yet what was missing was I don't remember hearing
> him take calls from those who disagree with him. From what I
> heard it was just monologue for his whole show. What makes a
> show good in my opinion is if the host has something interesting
> to say or if he has callers that do. Rogers had neither.

Lee Rodgers' departure had nothing to do with any of that.

--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

SMS

Feb 19, 2010, 5:05:12 PM2/19/10
John Slade wrote:

> Wow this is pretty harsh. I don't agree with a lot of folk on
> political and other issues but the last thing I would do is wish any
> illness or harm on them.

Especially someone who is essentially just an actor an actress playing a
part on radio or TV for the money. Does anyone believe that Melanie
Morgan actually really believed any of the garbage she spewed during her
time on KSFO?

spamtrap1888

Feb 19, 2010, 6:43:11 PM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 1:53 pm, John Higdon <hi...@kome.com> wrote:

> Lee Rodgers' departure had nothing to do with any of that.

Do you know if he's retiring, or is he thinking about going on the air
somewhere else?

John Higdon

Feb 19, 2010, 7:45:13 PM2/19/10
In article
<a52eaa8f-8547-4cbe...@o16g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
spamtrap1888 <spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you know if he's retiring, or is he thinking about going on the air
> somewhere else?

Good question. Probably time for another visit.

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 20, 2010, 1:51:10 AM2/20/10
On Feb 19, 7:48 am, Dave Barnett <dave.dbarnet...@SPAMgmail.com>
wrote:

They do announcements of sorts on WWV. I haven't listened in a long
time, so I don't recall the content. Still, it would be a boring
stream, even with the announcements at the top of the hour.

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 20, 2010, 1:53:32 AM2/20/10

Political lampooning? Oh, like Limbaugh using the R word. Right.....

David Kaye

Feb 20, 2010, 5:02:13 AM2/20/10
John Slade <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I don't know why anyone would listen to Rogers for any
>length of time.

People like to listen to talkshow hosts who echo their own views. They like
confirmation of their opinions. There are very few of us who listen to a
spectrum of opinion because most people don't like to have their religion
shaken -- and political viewpoints are religion to a lot of people.

David Kaye

Feb 20, 2010, 5:04:35 AM2/20/10
SMS <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

>Especially someone who is essentially just an actor an actress playing a
>part on radio or TV for the money. Does anyone believe that Melanie
>Morgan actually really believed any of the garbage she spewed during her
>time on KSFO?

She claimed that she was once a liberal and that she became a rightwinger (or
in her words, "libertarian") after being influeced by Lee Rodgers. Her views
(as I remember them anyway; it's been a long time since I've listened to her)
were very consistent, so there is no reason not to believe that she actually
believes what she's saying.

But that's not even the point. She is extremely bright and well aware of
radio's ability to influence thought -- commercial radio wouldn't exist if it
couldn't influence thought. It is her lucky break that some nutcase didn't
come out and shoot Nancy Pelosi.

David Kaye

Feb 20, 2010, 5:09:37 AM2/20/10
"leansto...@democrat.com" <leansto...@democrat.com> wrote:

>They do announcements of sorts on WWV. I haven't listened in a long
>time, so I don't recall the content. Still, it would be a boring
>stream, even with the announcements at the top of the hour.

I think it's time to drag out Douglas Grant's hilarious "WWV - The Tick". To
to this website and listen to the track. Funny as hell.

http://abmp3.com/download/1648320-wwv-the-tick.html

Ciccio

Feb 20, 2010, 11:29:37 AM2/20/10
On Feb 19, 10:53 pm, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"
<leanstothel...@democrat.com> wrote:

> Political lampooning? Oh, like Limbaugh using the R word. Right.....

Certainly, in that he's a satirist/talk show host... And what's with
that timid "R WORD" bullshit...RETARD is what Rush said. Just like
DEMOCRAT leaders Ron Emanuel and Boy Wonder mocking the Special
Olympics, which, of course, means retards...What hypocrites those
assholes are.

Ciccio

Ciccio

Feb 20, 2010, 11:47:25 AM2/20/10
On Feb 20, 2:04 am, sfdavidka...@yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

> But that's not even the point.  She is extremely bright and well aware of
> radio's ability to influence thought -- commercial radio wouldn't exist if it
> couldn't influence thought.  It is her lucky break that some nutcase didn't
> come out and shoot Nancy Pelosi.

Oh pulllease...If some whacko would have done that no way Melanie's
statement would have been a substantial factor. The fact that millions
have heard it and NOBODY has even thrown a water balloon at Pelosi
shows that.

OH, and how about you and many others who repeated it...If it was so
influential and dangerous, why did you repeat it? Some nutcase may
have missed it until you repeated it. Damn, how reckless of you! You
could have caused Pelosi's murder. Better watch out David, like John
said:

"Instant Karma's gonna get you,
Gonna knock you right on the head,
You better get yourself together,
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead..."

Too funny.

Ciccio

W B Reese

Feb 20, 2010, 12:46:04 PM2/20/10
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:02:13 GMT, sfdavi...@yahoo.com (David Kaye)
wrote:

>People like to listen to talkshow hosts who echo their own views. They like
>confirmation of their opinions. There are very few of us who listen to a
>spectrum of opinion because most people don't like to have their religion
>shaken -- and political viewpoints are religion to a lot of people.

This is true for me. There was a time when I was very far to the
right and I enjoyed Hannity, Limbaugh, and all the others. I could
listen for hours on end. Then the health care problem came down on
me, and I now I just can't bear to listen to them.

Warren

Ciccio

Feb 20, 2010, 2:23:26 PM2/20/10
On Feb 20, 9:46 am, W B Reese <zaq1x...@sonic.net> wrote:

> This is true for me.  There was a time when I was very far to the
> right and I enjoyed Hannity, Limbaugh, and all the others.  I could
> listen for hours on end.  Then the health care problem came down on
> me, and I now I just can't bear to listen to them.

I tune in to talk shows primarily for entertainment. So, left wing,
right wing, atheist, religious, whatever, so long as it's
entertaining. There are many other media options for me to garner
information and/or serious discourse.

Ciccio

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 20, 2010, 2:58:26 PM2/20/10

Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot. Hey, excuse my satire, I was
referring to Al Franken's book.

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 20, 2010, 2:59:40 PM2/20/10

It's not like the right wing is easily unglued. You don't see them
setting their house on fire and crashing planes into IRS buildings.

Ciccio

Feb 20, 2010, 3:29:16 PM2/20/10
On Feb 20, 11:58 am, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"

<leanstothel...@democrat.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 8:29 am, Ciccio <frances...@comcast.net> wrote:

> > Certainly, in that he's a satirist/talk show host...  And what's with
> > that timid "R WORD" bullshit...RETARD is what Rush said. Just like
> > DEMOCRAT leaders Ron Emanuel and Boy Wonder mocking the Special
> > Olympics, which, of course, means retards...What hypocrites those
> > assholes are.

> Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot. Hey, excuse my satire, I was

> referring to Al Franken's book.

Oh, I see that you are a typical "leanstotheleft" phony
hypocrite...Emanuel and Boy Wonder mock retards, that's OK with
you...Just what I thought.

Ciccio

Ciccio

Feb 20, 2010, 3:46:28 PM2/20/10
On Feb 20, 11:59 am, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"
<leanstothel...@democrat.com> wrote:

> It's not like the right wing is easily unglued. You don't see them
> setting their house on fire and crashing planes into IRS buildings.

Heh. The nut who did that, was extremely critical and insulting of big
business, Bush, "the rich" and just about anything conservative...He
writings sound like those of a typical nutcase liberal.

Ciccio

John Slade

Feb 20, 2010, 7:02:21 PM2/20/10

Don't really care if it did or didn't. I'm glad to see
him get canned or retire. As long as I don't have to hear him
when I make a mistake and leave the radio on KSFO all night.

John

John Higdon

Feb 20, 2010, 9:27:40 PM2/20/10
In article <hlpt6a$nms$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Slade <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:

I would say where you tune your radio, either intentionally or not, is
your responsibility, no?

spamtrap1888

Feb 20, 2010, 9:45:48 PM2/20/10
On Feb 20, 6:27 pm, John Higdon <hi...@kome.com> wrote:
> In article <hlpt6a$nm...@news.eternal-september.org>,

>  John Slade <hhitma...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >        Don't really care if it did or didn't. I'm glad to see
> > him get canned or retire. As long as I don't have to hear him
> > when I make a mistake and leave the radio on KSFO all night.
>
> I would say where you tune your radio, either intentionally or not, is
> your responsibility, no?

Especially when it's so easy to listen to George Noory on 580 KMJ
Fresno. Or KFI LA, or any of a dozen other stations that come into our
area.

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 22, 2010, 12:35:46 AM2/22/10

KMJ and KFI are subject to fade in the bay area. Not often, but you
could miss the location of a big foot sighting should the fade occur
at the critical moment.

Brin-Marie McLaughlin

Feb 22, 2010, 3:03:53 AM2/22/10
On Feb 21, 9:35 pm, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"

Holy moses, I can't even BEGIN to tell you how often this has happened
to me. :-p

Dave Turner

Feb 22, 2010, 12:04:34 PM2/22/10
On 2/20/2010 11:59 AM, leansto...@democrat.com wrote:

> It's not like the right wing is easily unglued. You don't see them
> setting their house on fire and crashing planes into IRS buildings.

Yes, but one person isn't an epidemic unless you're talking H1N1 either.

Mike Van Pelt

Feb 22, 2010, 7:34:33 PM2/22/10
In article <eb91aa3d-e88e-46b4...@u19g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

Ha. So I'm not the only person on this planet who noticed that.

The content of that wacko's screed, if you take out the 40% or
so that was complaints about taxes, would be right at home on
those red handbills that paper the sides of buildings in
Berkeley. It hit most of the usual leftwing bugaboos.

--
Mike Van Pelt "If they're going to talk about
mvp.at.calweb.com Camelot, then we get to talk about

John Slade

Feb 22, 2010, 11:33:28 PM2/22/10

Mocking retarded people is just not acceptable from
anyone. Obama said an off color remark about the Special
Olympics and he took flack for it. Rahm Emanuel called someone
restarted and took flack for it. Both men apologized for doing
that. Rush Limbaugh on the other hand did not apologize and
loves to call people "retards". Rush just can't admit he's wrong
I guess.

John

John Slade

Feb 22, 2010, 11:34:21 PM2/22/10

Well thankfully I won't have to worry about this any more.

John

John Slade

Feb 22, 2010, 11:35:25 PM2/22/10
John Higdon wrote:
> In article <hlpt6a$nms$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> John Slade <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> Don't really care if it did or didn't. I'm glad to see
>> him get canned or retire. As long as I don't have to hear him
>> when I make a mistake and leave the radio on KSFO all night.
>
> I would say where you tune your radio, either intentionally or not, is
> your responsibility, no?

You didn't read the part where I said it was a mistake?
Well anyway that's a mistake I can make with out worries now.

John

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 23, 2010, 12:17:22 AM2/23/10

We don't expect class from Limbaugh. It is Palin making excuses for
Limbaugh that is most disgusting.

leansto...@democrat.com

Feb 23, 2010, 12:26:21 AM2/23/10

I see I forgot to put my own ;-) next to that statement.

Next Sunday is George Knapp's big foot show. Now I like the big foot
stories, certainly more than the UFO sightings. The best was the guy
that confessed to Art Bell regarding killing a big foot. He wasn't
sure if big foot qualified as a humanoid, so he kept the location of
where he buried the body a secret, lest he be charged with murder. Of
course, all it would take is an anonymous note saying "big foot is
buried at lat/lon" to settle this.

John Higdon

Feb 23, 2010, 12:57:31 AM2/23/10
In article <hlvlu9$77e$3...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Slade <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> You didn't read the part where I said it was a mistake?
> Well anyway that's a mistake I can make with out worries now.

So you like the Lee Rodgers replacement?

spamtrap1888

Feb 23, 2010, 10:28:59 AM2/23/10
On Feb 22, 4:34 pm, m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:
> In article <eb91aa3d-e88e-46b4-885f-e249e334b...@u19g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

> Ciccio  <frances...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Feb 20, 11:59 am, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"
> ><leanstothel...@democrat.com> wrote:
>
> >> It's not like the right wing is easily unglued. You don't see them
> >> setting their house on fire and crashing planes into IRS buildings.
>
> >Heh. The nut who did that, was extremely critical and insulting of big
> >business, Bush, "the rich" and just about anything conservative...He
> >writings sound like those of a typical nutcase liberal.
>
> Ha.  So I'm not the only person on this planet who noticed that.
>
> The content of that wacko's screed, if you take out the 40% or
> so that was complaints about taxes, would be right at home on
> those red handbills that paper the sides of buildings in
> Berkeley.  It hit most of the usual leftwing bugaboos.

I actually think he tried to make it ambiguous.

He didn't leave any ideological footprints (blogs, comments,
demonstrations, etc.) other than perhaps being a tax protestor way
back when, as far as I can tell.

Compare Amy Bishop, whose history of irrational violence popped up
within a day or two of her crime.

Ciccio

Feb 23, 2010, 11:58:17 AM2/23/10
On Feb 22, 9:17 pm, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"

<leanstothel...@democrat.com> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 8:33 pm, John Slade <hhitma...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

> > Ciccio wrote:

> > > Oh, I see that you are a typical "leanstotheleft" phony
> > > hypocrite...Emanuel and Boy Wonder mock retards, that's OK with
> > > you...Just what I thought.
>
> >       Mocking retarded people is just not acceptable from
> > anyone. Obama said an off color remark about the Special
> > Olympics and he took flack for it. Rahm Emanuel called someone
> > restarted and took flack for it.

As so-called LEADERS of these United States they shouldn't have even
come close to doing such. Though they both can easily be described as
clowns, that isn't in their job descriptions. Well, then again, they
are also leaders of the democratic party.

> Both men apologized for doing that.

Why, of course, they were sorry thay they were exposed for being
unthinking, unfeeling hypocrites.

> Rush Limbaugh on the other hand did not apologize and
> loves to call people "retards".

Of course not, he is NOT an elected official. He is a talk show
entertainer/satirist.

> Rush just can't admit he's wrong I guess.

He's not wrong. He's doing his job as a talk show host/satirist to
obtain a large audience, and is doing it well, at that. Like Ray T, I
often find Rush monotonous. At, times, however, like Ray T, I find him
amusing, and I stay tuned in for awhile.

Ciccio

Ciccio

Feb 23, 2010, 12:33:44 PM2/23/10
On Feb 23, 7:28 am, spamtrap1888 <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 4:34 pm, m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:

> > The content of that wacko's screed, if you take out the 40% or
> > so that was complaints about taxes, would be right at home on
> > those red handbills that paper the sides of buildings in
> > Berkeley.  It hit most of the usual leftwing bugaboos.
>
> I actually think he tried to make it ambiguous.

Hmmmm. Scathing commentary about: Corporate bail outs, politicians,
General Motors, Enron and Arthur Andersen, health care insurance
companies, the Catholic Church, Regan's Tax Reform Act, airline
bailouts.George Bush and his administration. Then the poor widow who
the big bad corporation ripped off.

Of course, all those are issues are ripe for debate, but then...

His so-called manifesto ends with: "The communist creed: From each
according to his ability, to each according to his need. The
capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each
according to his greed." Then his call for a violent revolution.

In total, an unambiguous left-wing nutcase.

Ciccio

John Slade

Feb 23, 2010, 1:37:26 PM2/23/10

Rahm Emanuel is NOT an elected official. When was the last
time you saw "Chief of Staff" on your ballot?

>> Rush just can't admit he's wrong I guess.
>
> He's not wrong.

Rush Limbaugh is wrong on a great many issues. Sometimes
when he states facts and figures and quotes people, it is
factually wrong. It's factually wrong often too.

> He's doing his job as a talk show host/satirist to
> obtain a large audience, and is doing it well, at that. Like Ray T, I
> often find Rush monotonous. At, times, however, like Ray T, I find him
> amusing, and I stay tuned in for awhile.

Someone being good at keeping a huge audience does not
make them right. That is a pretty stupid way to think. Rush
Limbaugh had something called Project Chaos where he encouraged
vote fraud and violence. I guess that's a great thing since he
has a huge audience in your book right?

John

Ciccio

Feb 23, 2010, 3:29:46 PM2/23/10
On Feb 23, 10:37 am, John Slade <hhitma...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>      Rahm Emanuel is NOT an elected official. When was the last
> time you saw "Chief of Staff" on your ballot?

I didn't say he was...Pay Attention!

> > He's not wrong.

>      Rush Limbaugh is wrong on a great many issues.

Pay Attention! I was replying as to whether he is wrong by using the
term retard. Given his role, I say he's not wrong doing so.

>        Someone being good at keeping a huge audience does not
> make them right.

I didn't say that made them right...Pay Attention!

> That is a pretty stupid way to think.

You certainly should know about stupid ways to think...

Ciccio

John Slade

Feb 23, 2010, 4:12:40 PM2/23/10
John Higdon wrote:
> In article <hlvlu9$77e$3...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> John Slade <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> You didn't read the part where I said it was a mistake?
>> Well anyway that's a mistake I can make with out worries now.
>
> So you like the Lee Rodgers replacement?

I've heard the guy before and he's a joke but at least he
isn't Lee Rogers.

John