Only a Few Days Left!

1 view

Stefan Froelich

Aug 21, 2014, 9:25:47 AM8/21/14
to aycroad...@googlegroups.com, kenhe...@yahoo.com, brian...@hotmail.com, cdgoo...@gmail.com, dlarr...@yahoo.com, dixonl...@me.com, jloe...@hotmail.com, jeff...@me.com, khay...@hotmail.com, coving...@gmail.com, cheitk...@hotmail.com, mikes...@hotmail.com, gracieb...@gmail.com, jac...@austinyachtclub.net, g...@austinyachtclub.net, st...@stevemadere.com, ma...@stevesanderson.com, tim.s...@gmail.com, afbr...@gmail.com, katy...@gmail.com, m_la...@yahoo.com, da...@grogware.com, hluj...@gmail.com, harold....@swri.org, smura...@aol.com, wood...@gmail.com, ham...@gmail.com, ma...@carewcontact.com, ghow...@aol.com, nzah...@gmail.com, Vicmanning@Att. Net, Kiel Killeen, Nick Dawe, mt...@us.ibm.com, Michael Moran, Jorge Martin-de-Nicolas, gaels...@sbcglobal.net, Scott Young, Jst...@gmail.com, John Halter, Markus Heitkoetter, jca...@sbcglobal.net, Barry Bowden, sa...@mcdonaldphoto.com, rande...@gmail.com, Renee Ruais, Eric Rochard, Nancy

Let’s Win RoadRunners!

The FJ Fleet Challenge is this Saturday.  The first race can be won by having the greatest $$$$ initially donated.  Last year I think we were 2nd place.  Let’s make it 1st this year!  We are over a $1000 already so please keep the contributions coming.

The second race can be won by having the most individuals contribute.  Since we have the largest member fleet I think we can win this one, too.

A good portion of the AYC Fund is spent on behalf of the juniors.  Coaching salaries, the new playground, buying new boats for the program, and money allocated to clinics are among the causes this 501c(3) program supports.  So if you participate or use any of these benefits please support this once-a-year fundraising effort.

Racing starts at 2pm this Saturday.  The real fun continues afterward at the club house where all manner of financial donations and mathematical wizardry takes place which can alter the fleet race results….be there to support the RoadRunners!

The evening culminates in the Pirates of Lake Travis Party, so come hungry, optionally dressed as a pirate, and dance to the live music!  Kids eat free.  To ensure Pat Manning orders enough food please register here:

http://www.evite.com/event/02CFS4DU2LVN6ERROEPEEPUVQESPK4?

utm_campaign=event_title&gid=02CFSXQVT2BDEA5MIEPEEPWIDUZSCQ&utm_medium=email&utm_source=INVITE

And please submit your Fleet Challenge money for the AYC Fund at:

http://www.austincommunityfoundation.org/?nd=donate_detail&donation_id=108&return_nd=donate

Or you can send a check payable to the AYC Fund to the AYC Office.  Please indicate the RoadRunner fleet gets the credit for your donation on the check.  Please let myself and sc...@scottyounggroup.com know of your donation so we can keep a tally of the results for our first two races.

Good luck to the four FJ sailors from the junior program this weekend as they race against the grownups!

Stefan Froelich

Roadrunner Fleet Captain