4th Annual AYC Fleet Challenge

1 view

Stefan Froelich

Aug 10, 2014, 1:23:52 PM8/10/14
to aycroad...@googlegroups.com, kenhe...@yahoo.com, brian...@hotmail.com, cdgoo...@gmail.com, dlarr...@yahoo.com, dixonl...@me.com, khay...@hotmail.com, coving...@gmail.com, cheitk...@hotmail.com, mikes...@hotmail.com, gracieb...@gmail.com, jac...@austinyachtclub.net, g...@austinyachtclub.net, st...@stevemadere.com, ma...@stevesanderson.com, tim.s...@gmail.com, afbr...@gmail.com, katy...@gmail.com, m_la...@yahoo.com, da...@grogware.com, harold....@swri.org, smura...@aol.com, wood...@gmail.com, ham...@gmail.com, ma...@carewcontact.com, ghow...@aol.com, nzah...@gmail.com, Vicmanning@Att. Net, Kiel Killeen, Nick Dawe, Jenny Loehlin, mt...@us.ibm.com, Michael Moran, Jorge Martin-de-Nicolas, Jeff Brock, gaels...@sbcglobal.net, Scott Young, Jst...@gmail.com, John Halter, Markus Heitkoetter, jca...@sbcglobal.net, Barry Bowden, Hector Lujan, sa...@mcdonaldphoto.com, rande...@gmail.com, Renee Ruais, Eric Rochard

Hello RoadRunner Parents,

Please consider participating in the 4th annual fleet challenge to help raise funds for sailing, coaches, replacement boats, and playground upgrades.
The AYC Fund has successfully raised nearly $25,000 each of the first three years of the fleet challenge and this event is the main fund raising opportunity for the AYC Fund each year.

The 4th Annual AYC Fleet Challenge will be held Saturday, August 23rd at the Rylander Pavilion at AYC.

Each AYC fleet will have an A & B Division skipper. The minimum contribution amount from each fleet to participate will be $200.00.  It is our goal and hope that we will use all 18 FJ's with established AYC Fleets receiving first priority and we will work to provide "at-large" berths if we have slots available.

As we did last year, the fleet that raises the most money for the AYC Fund up until 3:00 on race day will be awarded a 1st place in the "1st race".  The team that raises the 2nd highest amount will receive a 2nd, etc.  New for this year, the team that logs the largest number of contributions of $25 or more will receive a 1st place in the “2nd race”The team that logs the 2nd highest number will receive a 2nd, etc.  So, the number of participants, not just the total dollar amount, will help your fleet’s ranking significantly!

Contributions can be made two ways:  Indicate your donation on behalf of the RoadRunner fleet via a check payable to the AYC Fund and mailed to the AYC Office at 5906 Beacon Drive Austin, TX 78734; or through the Austin Community Foundation Website (click on the link below):

https://www.austincommunityfoundation.org/?nd=donate_detail&donation_id=108&return_nd=donate

Also, to make things interesting and motivating there is a challenge match to make your donation go further:
The Froelichs will get things going for the Road Runners with an initial pledge of $200.
Challenge Pledge:  If others contribute an additional $400 on behalf of the Road Runners – We will add another $200.

Please feel free to circulate this email to fleet members and let's start the bidding.  Please have your fleet members direct their pledge amounts to me and sc...@scottyoungprop.com to keep everyone apprised as to how the pledges are going.

-Stefan Froelich
RR Fleet Captain