Free Sail Sunday

Kate Noble

Aug 13, 2014, 2:44:21 PM8/13/14
to aycroadrunners

Hey Roadrunners!

Hope you all are having a fantastic summer! The Summer Season of the Junior Sailing Program is underway which means that Free Sail Sunday is also back each week! The Free Sail schedule is now also posted on the calendar on the AYC website. Notifications regarding cancellations or changes to the schedule will also be posted on the website.

Free Sail Sunday is a great opportunity for our junior sailors and AYC members to get out on AYC's Sail Training fleet for some extra practice or recreational sailing. I am thrilled to see so many families out each weekend enjoying the program and each other! However, in light of some recent safety concerns, I would like to remind you all of some Free Sail rules:

  • Please stay in sight of the Pavilion dock at all times (if you can't see us, we can't see you!)
  • Please check in with a coach or the designated volunteer upon arrival and when switching boats
  • Have a coach check over your rigging before launching
  • There is no formal instruction offered at Free Sail

Lastly, while it certainly is fun and great way to cool off in the hot summer months, capsizing can be dangerous and strenuous on the equipment. Our number one goal is always the safety of our sailors so I would like to instate a NO CAPSIZE policy at Free Sail moving forward. If sailors would like to capsize, they may do so with coach permission and supervision inside the cove. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I look forward to seeing you all at Free Sail this Sunday!

Thanks!

Kate

--
Kate Noble