Read side external content

Graham Brooks

Feb 9, 2015, 9:52:17 PM2/9/15
to axonfr...@googlegroups.com
I am currently working on a design that uses Axon. One requirement is that some read-side data needs to be sourced from an external system that only has a query interface. The rest of the design relies on replicating data through events between services. I see the external data source as a compromise to the loosely coupled architecture and wondered if others have encountered this problem and if so how it was solved.

- graham

Allard Buijze

Feb 13, 2015, 7:52:50 AM2/13/15
to Axon Framework Users
Hi Graham,

if you're sourcing read-side data from another system, that system is effectively the Q side of CQRS. The fact that that specific component isn't sourced using events doesn't sound too bad. Where do updates in that system come from?

Cheers,

Allard