Axon with Kafka

Mayuresh

Jun 22, 2017, 5:10:24 AM6/22/17
to axonfr...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I have some hands on with Axon , MongoDB and RabbitMQ. But I am looking for examples which have integration with Kafka, and not RabbitMQ. Can anyone help me with this? Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mayuresh

Simon Zambrovski

Jun 27, 2017, 7:03:17 AM6/27/17
to Axon Framework Users
Hi,

I'm planing to implement Kafka eventstore. Kafka messaging is pretty straight forward, but Kafka 0.10 is not supporting Record Headers, so the message converter looks little wierd.

Kind regards,

Simon

malay.m...@peaas.co

Aug 16, 2018, 5:34:22 AM8/16/18
to Axon Framework Users
Hi Mayuresh,

I need to do the same, did you find any example or were you able to achieve it? If so then could you guide me how to integrate Kafka instead of RabbitMQ?

Thanks,
Malay

Marinko Babic

Aug 16, 2018, 5:48:09 AM8/16/18
to axonfr...@googlegroups.com

Malay Matwankar

Aug 16, 2018, 6:06:39 AM8/16/18
to axonfr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marniko,

This example does not show how the  Sender.java  binds EventHandler with the Kafka. Could you explain that bit?

Regards,
Malay

Thanks and Regards,

Malay Matwankar
Software Engineer

PEaaS Software LLP | 112, Shreeji Complex, Vasna Road, Vadodara, Gujarat |

Mobile No: +91 9408728919

Skype      :  malaymatwankar

E-mail     :  malay.m...@peaas.co

Website   :  http://peaas.co

Marinko Babic

Aug 16, 2018, 6:34:58 AM8/16/18
to axonfr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malay

Sender is just the producer of an event. It publishes an event. The consumer application is the part where the EventHandler is used. Like you can see in the configuration there is a Trackingprocessor defined with Kafka as event source. The EventHandler will be invoked automatically by axon, because of:

- the topic
- Kafka event source
- processinggroup

In my example the processinggroup matches the java package name. If this is not the case, then the annotation processinggroup is needed on the EventHandler and it must match the name defined as key of the processor in the configuration.

Actually Axon only supports trackingprocessor for Kafka which is absolutely fine.