Checking if the object was updated

richard...@richardsprojects.co.uk

Feb 18, 2015, 11:14:44 AM2/18/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
When AutoMapper updates a destination object from a source object can you discover if the destination object has been changed by the automapper update?

I have a CRUD form that updates a few objects. All the changes are saved to a DB, but I also need to send the changes to one of the objects to a very slow web service. I'd rather only send updates to the web service if the data is now dirty.

Jimmy Bogard

Feb 18, 2015, 11:21:25 AM2/18/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
Not from AutoMapper - it will copy the data no matter if it has changed or not

On Wed Feb 18 2015 at 10:14:46 AM CST <richard...@richardsprojects.co.uk> wrote:
When AutoMapper updates a destination object from a source object can you discover if the destination object has been changed by the automapper update?

I have a CRUD form that updates a few objects. All the changes are saved to a DB, but I also need to send the changes to one of the objects to a very slow web service. I'd rather only send updates to the web service if the data is now dirty.

richard...@richardsprojects.co.uk

Feb 18, 2015, 1:01:41 PM2/18/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for answering! I thought that was probably the case, but I hoped it might also keep track of whether things had changed or not.