Upgrade from 3.3.1 to 6.1.1 - nothing builds, no idea how to migrate this

steph-...@swbell.net

Aug 18, 2017, 4:35:40 PM8/18/17
to AutoMapper-users
I'm updating an inherited application (I didn't write it and the author is gone) from 3.3.1 to the latest, 6.1.1. Most of the AutoMapper code does not compile. Many objects and methods don't seem to exist anymore. As an example:

ConfigurationStore is not defined
MappingEngine is not defined
MapperRegistory is an internal class
NamingConvention properties have no setters
ResolutionContext.IsSourceValueNull not defined
ResolutionContext.GetContextPropertyMap not defined
ResolutionContext.Parent not defined

etc.

I am not familiar with the original code and I don't know what the code is doing with AutoMapper. I read the 5.0 upgrade guide, but it didn't begin to address the scope of what I'm seeing and didn't even mention how to replace references to ConfigurationStore. I don't see those kinds of methods. Most of the methods in my code are centered around ConfigurationStore, which no longer exists.

Can someone please guide me to resources for how 3.3.1 worked and the replacements in 6.1.1?

Jimmy Bogard

Aug 19, 2017, 10:40:24 PM8/19/17
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
Can you detail your issues in GitHub?