Installing and using Automapper on OSX for Unity

daniel...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2015, 4:56:03 AM1/30/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I need to do mapping in Unity3D OSX and I just discovered Automapper. I think it could do the job but I have never used a C# plugin and I don't find clear steps to make it work on Unity OSX:
- is Automapper compatible with Unity 3D OSX ?
- which files on github I have to download ?
- are there any precautions to keep in minds when using on Unity3D OSX ?

Thx for your help,

Jimmy Bogard

Jan 30, 2015, 11:33:40 AM1/30/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
I think it does, if Unity is compatible with the unified API. The latest NuGet packages include a unified library for Xamarin Unified. As far as Unity3D itself, I've never used it :)

You might have to get mono/Xamarin involved here, though.

Neveux Daniel

Jan 30, 2015, 12:12:22 PM1/30/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I am completely noob for handling lib and dependency exterior to Unity.

Unity is bring with Monodevelop IDE and its mono library. Do you mean I have to install Xamarin to get automapper work?
Because it seems to me that Unity won't take consideration of other mono lib than the Monodevelop one.

I would like just to try download the right folder from Githup to put in my Unity C# project. This way I will see if it works with the default configuration. But what folders do I have to download ?

Thx for  your time Jimmy.

Daniel Neveux - Domino Studios

Jimmy Bogard

Feb 3, 2015, 9:47:11 AM2/3/15
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
I honestly couldn't tell you. Can you consume NuGet packages from Monodevelop?