MVC 2.0 Support checked in trunk - ready for 2.2

CVertex

Apr 11, 2010, 4:33:37 AM4/11/10
to Autofac
Howdy,

I just checked this in the trunk.

Check-in includes:
* Upgraded all MVC-based projects to MVC 2.0 assembly.
* simplfied controller service identification
* new controller factory that utilizes mvc factory which enables
correct area support
* model binder registration and resolution w/ registration helpers
* http context module for registering http context classes
* async controller support with action filters
* updated remember.web example that demos some above features in .NET
4.0 - usage is identical in 3.5

Still TODO (in sample):
* Demonstrate action filter injection
* Demonstrate Async action support

The addition that was a little tricky was injectable model binders.

I played with a wrapping lazily resolving modelbinder on www.krispykreme.com.au
which has worked quite well, so I cleaned up the API and made it
similar to the RegisterControllers extension method.

I'm using this patch in production at http://www.ilovefootball.com.au
for last few weeks. Has worked well.

Please let me know if you want some API changes for these new
features.

And of course, any other comments/reviews welcome.

Regards,
CV

Nicholas Blumhardt

Apr 11, 2010, 5:41:30 PM4/11/10
to aut...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! I think this, along with the multi-tenancy support we've discussed previously, will be the star features of 2.2.

Alex Meyer-Gleaves

Apr 14, 2010, 9:59:49 AM4/14/10
to aut...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great CV. I look forward to checking it out.