AutoFac with ASP.NET 5

cole.m...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2015, 9:03:58 PM3/17/15
to aut...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a small sample working with ASP.NET 5 beta3 and Autofac (based on the blog post from last week).

This fails to work under Beta4 due to references to IServiceDescriptor.

Is there a way to use Autofac with the dev branch of ASP.NET 5? or is it expected that the 4.0.0-alpha1 packages would work with KRE/DNVM beta4?

Thanks,
Cole

Alex Meyer-Gleaves

Mar 18, 2015, 8:49:51 AM3/18/15
to aut...@googlegroups.com, cole.m...@gmail.com
The alpha1 release only works against beta3. We will probably update the develop branch to beta4 soon but it's not something we would push to NuGet until the next VS release catches up. Making builds available on our MyGet feed for beta4 is an option though.

Cole Mickens

Mar 25, 2015, 9:59:37 PM3/25/15
to Alex Meyer-Gleaves, aut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

I see. I can track the 'dev' branch by hand, or pulling packages from myget would also be nice. It looks like things have already changed enough since beta4 to cause breakage. I'm not sure if it's anything I'd be able to help with, but I'm anxious to get back to experimenting with AutoFac.

Thanks for the information,
Cole

du...@djanosik.cz

May 1, 2015, 9:31:23 AM5/1/15
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 1:49:51 PM UTC+1, Alex Meyer-Gleaves wrote:
> The alpha1 release only works against beta3. We will probably update the develop branch to beta4 soon but it's not something we would push to NuGet until the next VS release catches up. Making builds available on our MyGet feed for beta4 is an option though.

Hi,

will you update Autofac.Dnx anytime soon? A new version of VS / DNX is already out.

Thank you!

Dusan

Travis Illig

May 1, 2015, 9:40:21 AM5/1/15
to aut...@googlegroups.com, cole.m...@gmail.com, du...@djanosik.cz
Working on it as fast as we can. Thanks for your patience!

mervi...@gmail.com

May 22, 2015, 12:54:03 PM5/22/15
to aut...@googlegroups.com, cole.m...@gmail.com
Try "4.0.0-alpha2" packages (Autofac, Autofac.Dnx)...It works with the ASP.NET 5 beta 4