Startup Error after install

Mike Lococo

Nov 28, 2001, 3:30:52 PM11/28/01
Hello,

I just installed 3DS Viz R3 on a computer and it doesn't start properly.
When you start Viz, the splash screen comes up... but while loading
emproxy.dlo an error appears saying:

> DBXHost Message
>
> ObjectDBX has reported a fatal error.
> Can't open file C:\temp\acidacad.ac$

There is no such file on the hard disk.

If you click through that error, it continues loading until it gets to
dwglmp.dli, when it gives the error:

> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
>
> Program: C:\3dsviz3\3dsviz.exe
> r6025
> -pure virtual function call

After clicking through that error, the splash screen disappears.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? The machine is running NT
Server 4 (SP6a, plus latest security rollup package). I've already
tried installing the Viz R3 service pack, and that made no difference.
It's a quad processor PIII with 512 meg of ram. 3DSMax R3 is also
installed. It is running stable, except for this problem with Viz.

Mike

Ariane [Autodesk Product Support]

Nov 29, 2001, 4:28:19 PM11/29/01
Mike,

emproxy.dlo errors are normally related to the TMP environment variable.
This TMP variable specifies a directory (e.g. C:\temp) that does not exist.
When you start up MAX or VIZ this error comes up.

Go into Control Panel > System > Environment and get the User variable TMP's
location, and verify the directory exists and that there is sufficient rooom
on the drive to have files written there.

Regards,
--
Ariane
Americas Product Support, Building Industry Division

"Mike Lococo" <NO-mpl...@PLEASE-cornell.edu> wrote in message

Mike Lococo

Nov 30, 2001, 10:54:00 AM11/30/01
In article <5B30D91598534ADF...@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb>,
discussio...@autodesk.com says...

> Mike,
>
> emproxy.dlo errors are normally related to the TMP environment variable.
> This TMP variable specifies a directory (e.g. C:\temp) that does not exist.
> When you start up MAX or VIZ this error comes up.

That did it. Thanks a lot.

Mike