WAMP Specifications (Details/Options)

David Chappelle

Jan 13, 2015, 4:10:37 PM1/13/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
I am a bit confused reading through the current WAMP specifications. In particular, the simple profile specification defines a HELLO message as:

    [HELLO, Realm|uri, Details|dict]

It then refers to the details portion of the message as follows:

    Hello.Details.*

This same semantic continues in the advanced profile specification but all of a sudden the following crops up:

    HELLO.Options.*

So my question is, are "Details" and "Options" actually interchangeable terms or are they separate things? The examples seem to indicate that they are one and the same but I just wanted to make sure. For example:

[1, "realm1",

{

"roles": ...,

"authmethods": ["wampcra"],

"authid": "peter"

}
]

Thanks,

Dave

Alexander Gödde

Jan 14, 2015, 5:35:43 AM1/14/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi David!

"Options" and "Details" are indeed used synonymously here - and really shouldn't be. AFAIK, throughout the spec"options" should be used for a dictionary which can be sent as part of a call/publish/message which initiates a communication, while "details" is for dictionaries which are sent as part of results/events/messages which react to a previous communication.

We'll try and clean things up in this regard.

Regards,

Alex

Tobias Oberstein

Jan 14, 2015, 7:25:35 AM1/14/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.01.2015 um 11:35 schrieb Alexander Gödde:
> Hi David!
>
> "Options" and "Details" are indeed used synonymously here - and really
> shouldn't be. AFAIK, throughout the spec"options" should be used for a

No. They are different things:

Details: is something the router provides to the client

> dictionary which can be sent as part of a call/publish/message which
> initiates a communication, while "details" is for dictionaries which are
> sent as part of results/events/messages which react to a previous
> communication.
>
> We'll try and clean things up in this regard.

No: see above

> Regards,
>
> Alex
>
> Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015 22:10:37 UTC+1 schrieb David Chappelle:
>
> I am a bit confused reading through the current WAMP specifications.
> In particular, the simple profile specification defines a HELLO
> message as:
>
> [HELLO, Realm|uri, Details|dict]
>
> It then refers to the details portion of the message as follows:
>
> Hello.Details.*
>
> This same semantic continues in the advanced profile specification
> but all of a sudden the following crops up:
>
> HELLO.Options.*
>
> So my question is, are "Details" and "Options" actually
> interchangeable terms or are they separate things? The examples seem
> to indicate that they are one and the same but I just wanted to make
> sure. For example:
>

> [1,"realm1",
> {
> "roles":...,
> "authmethods":["wampcra"],
> "authid":"peter"
> }
> ]
> |

> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/173d4a04-c863-4007-9971-d23d290f6fdb%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/173d4a04-c863-4007-9971-d23d290f6fdb%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Chappelle

Jan 19, 2015, 10:16:40 AM1/19/15
to autob...@googlegroups.com
So why is there Hello.Details in the basic profile specification and Hello.Options in the advanced profile specification? Seems contradictory.