Move to Django 1.7x - Status

Easwar TR

Nov 20, 2014, 7:01:36 AM11/20/14
to aushadha
Hi,

To update you guys on the move to Django 1.7x.

I have successfully migrated most of the apps. Understandably something broke. The User system has to be redefined. I have originally inherited from the User model to create AuShadhaUser. I find that cumbersome to maintain and have related all users (clinic.Staff) from Django's User model by a OneToOneRelationship.

The loading of User fixture fails. So I have decided to leave it to the user to add his/her own user and configure the superuser as they install Au. By default the 'clinic name' and some 'department' names are loaded. No 'staff' are loaded. This needs to be done before you can work with Au. Please use the Django admin page to do this before you login. The README has been updated. Please refer to it as you install Au from the master. Later on I plan to do a setup wizard like app that automates this on first run.

The current master does not have a 'visit' app fully done. This will be fixed quickly and is a result of the User model change mentioned above. After the new user system is verified I will remove the 'aushadha_users' app as it is no longer relevant.

Easwar

--

Dr. Easwar T.R  MBBS, DNB(Orth.), MNAMS
   Fellowship Paediatric Orthopaedics & Deformity Correction( Sing., Kor.)

Ph:      91-98407-24924
    Web:   www.dreaswar.com
    Email: drea...@gmail.com