About the New AuShadha 'master'

1 view

Easwar TR

Jul 24, 2014, 6:12:17 AM7/24/14
to aushadha
Hi,

A minor update has been done to the master today.

This includes the latest updated code and notebook on the DrugBank.ca drugs. This notebook ( available at AuShadha/registry/drug_db/drugbankca/drugbank_scraper ) written by Derek has the code which also generates the 'Synonyms' and 'Brand Names" of drugs.

For eg. if we search for Aspirin in the FDA drug list, and want to refer its pharmacology in Drugbank, its not available under that name. It is listed as 'Acetyl Salicylic Acid'. Aspirin however figures inside the 'Synonyms' in Drugbank. Currently, this search also has been enabled so you can keep searching for FDA listed drug and getting DrugBank results for any one of the synonyms / brand names.

Still there is some work to be done. Salts of drugs like 'Sulphate' for eg.. Abacavir Sulphate dont show up if we search for Abacavir. This would need some work.

That said, the drug reference is nicely functional.

Have a look and let me know you ideas and criticisms.

Thanks to Derek for his work on drugbank app. This has been largely his lone effort :)

Easwar

--

Dr. Easwar T.R  MBBS, DNB(Orth.), MNAMS
   Fellowship Paediatric Orthopaedics & Deformity Correction( Sing., Kor.)

Ph:      91-98407-24924
    Web:   www.dreaswar.com
    Email: drea...@gmail.com