Einstein's general theory of relativity has been tested to unprecedented accuracy

harmony

Dec 18, 2009, 1:04:19 PM12/18/09
Einstein's general theory of relativity has been tested to unprecedented
accuracy</B>[/url]

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
News Release: 2005-039 March 4, 2005

The research was conducted under NASA's Astronomy and Physics Research and
Analysis program,
part of the agency's Science Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C. JPL, is a
division of the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.

<B>click here:__ for more information about the research -- that is
available online </B>

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0411113

<B>or click here</B>

http://funphysics.jpl.nasa.gov/physics/index.html

News Release: 2005-039 March 4, 2005

Moonbeams Shine on Einstein, Galileo and Newton

Thirty-five years after Moon-walking astronauts placed special reflectors on
the lunar surface, scientists have used these devices to test Albert
Einstein's general theory of relativity to unprecedented accuracy. The
findings, which also confirm theories from Galileo Galilei and Isaac Newton,
may help to explain physical laws of the universe and benefit future space
missions.

"Our research with the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment probes the equivalence
principle, a foundation of Einstein's general theory of relativity, with
extreme accuracy," said Dr. James Williams, a research scientist at NASA's
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. Galileo established this
principle in 1604 when he dropped objects of various weights and composition
from Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. All the objects were affected equally by
gravity, so they fell at the same rate.

Newton published a supporting explanation in 1687 in his Principia, and
Einstein extended the principle nearly 100 years ago. Einstein's premise,
called the strong equivalence principle, holds that all forms of matter
accelerate at the same rate in response to gravity. This principle became a
foundation of Einstein's general theory of relativity.

The Lunar Laser Ranging experiment confirms that the Moon and Earth "fall
toward" the Sun at the same rate, even though Earth has a large iron core
below its rocky mantle, while the Moon is mostly rocky with a much smaller
core. The findings by Williams and Drs. Slava Turyshev and Dale Boggs, also
of JPL, have been published in the Physical Review Letters.

"Lunar laser ranging can conduct very accurate tests of gravity and
fundamental physics," said Williams, who pointed out that small variations
in gravity are difficult to study because the force is weak, unless very
large masses are used. The new results of this experiment provide a bonanza
for modern physics.

"An important property of gravity is its universal effect on massive
objects, despite their size and composition. This is why, as we understand
more about gravity in the solar system, we learn a lot about gravitational
and cosmological processes in the entire universe," said Turyshev.

"In addition to providing the most accurate test yet of the strong
equivalence principle, our experiment also limits any possible changes in
Newton's gravitational constant," said Turyshev. The gravitational constant
deals with the attraction between objects in space, and some theories
suggest that this attraction would change over time. If so, the general
theory of relativity would need modification.

"This latest research shows no evidence of such a change. Both findings --
about the strong equivalence principle and the gravitational constant --
boost Einstein's theory," added Turyshev.

Great strides have been made over the past decade in refining the theories
of Einstein, Galileo and Newton. The latest findings are twice as accurate
as any previous results on the strong equivalence principle, and 10 times as
accurate as anything previously published on the variation of Newton's
gravitational constant

The JPL team tested the theories by beaming laser pulses to four Moon
reflectors from McDonald Observatory in western Texas, and an observatory in
southern France. The lunar reflectors bounced the laser beams straight back
to Earth, where the roundtrip travel time was measured. Three of the
reflectors were installed by the Apollo 11, 14 and 15 astronauts, and one
built by France was carried on the unmanned Soviet Lunokhod 2 rover.

The current Moon reflectors require no power and still work perfectly after
35 years. As NASA pursues the vision of taking humans back to the Moon, and
eventually to Mars and beyond, new, more precise laser ranging devices could
be placed first on the Moon and then on Mars. To guide a spacecraft to a
precise location on the Moon and to navigate trips on its surface, the
Moon's orbit, rotation and orientation must be accurately known. Lunar laser
ranging measurements are helping future human and robotic missions to the
Moon.

More information about the research is available online at:

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0411113

http://funphysics.jpl.nasa.gov/physics/index.html

The research was conducted under NASA's Astronomy and Physics Research and
Analysis program, part of the agency's Science Mission Directorate,
Washington, D.C. JPL, is a division of the California Institute of
Technology, Pasadena.

BradGuth

Dec 18, 2009, 1:35:29 PM12/18/09

And Einstein's sperm is all over your lips, as proof positive as to
what brown-nosed clowns of the mainstream status quo do with their
spare time.

~ BG

Government Shill #2

Dec 18, 2009, 1:54:42 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:35:29 -0800 (PST), BradGuth <brad...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>And Einstein's sperm is all over your lips, as proof positive as to
>what brown-nosed clowns of the mainstream status quo do with their
>spare time.
>
> ~ BG

Babbling Brad?!?!

Where have you been?

Getting treatment?

--
Shill #2

Ears on the loon go round and round, round and round, round and round...
theobviousgcashman

Surfer

Dec 18, 2009, 2:04:13 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:04:19 -0600, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Einstein's general theory of relativity has been tested to unprecedented
>accuracy

That is certainly true. But there are some problems that seem to
require the general theory of relativity to be replaced with a newer
theory.

Eg.

A Bitter Pill: The Primordial Lithium Problem Worsens
Richard H. Cyburt, Brian D. Fields, Keith A. Olive
JCAP 0811:012,2008
http://arxiv.org/abs/0808.2818

<Start extract>

The lithium problem arises from the significant discrepancy between
the primordial 7Li abundance as predicted by BBN theory and the WMAP
baryon density, and the pre-Galactic lithium abundance inferred from
observations of metal-poor (Population II) stars. This problem has
loomed for the past decade, with a persistent discrepancy of a factor
of 2--3 in 7Li/H. Recent developments have sharpened all aspects of
the Li problem.

<snip>

The possibility that lithium points to new physics at work in the
early universe thus remains not only viable, but if anything more
likely.

<End extract>

A new theory that resolves the above is described here:

Dynamical 3-Space Predicts Hotter Early Universe: Resolves CMB-BBN Li7
and He4 Abundance Anomalies
Reginald T. Cahill
Progress in Physics, vol 1, 67-71, 2010.
http://arxiv.org/abs/0911.0960

<Start extract>

The 7 Li problem has been most difficult to understand as its
primordial abundance should be the most reliable, because of the
higher observational statistics and an easier extrapolation to
primordial values.

Various possible resolutions were discussed in [2], with the
conclusion that the lithium problem most likely points
to new physics.

It is shown herein that the new physics of a dynamical 3-space results
in a 20% hotter universe during the radiation dominated epoch, and in
a parameter-free analysis the BBN abundances are brought into close
agreement with the WMAP value for the baryonic density
Omega_Bh^2 = 0.0224 +/-0.0009. The dynamical 3-space
also gives a parameter free account of the supernova redshift data,
and fitting the LambdaCDM to the dynamical 3-space model requires
Omega_Lambda = 0.73 and Omega_m = 0.27, independently of the
supernova data.

<End extract>

Uncle Al

Dec 18, 2009, 2:03:08 PM12/18/09
harmony wrote:
[snip]

> "Our research with the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment probes the equivalence
> principle, a foundation of Einstein's general theory of relativity, with
> extreme accuracy," said Dr. James Williams, a research scientist at NASA's
> Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
[snip]

1) PSR J1903+0327A/B
2) PSR J0737-3039A/B
3) DI Herculis
4) Einstein's elevator, locality, and vacuum isotropy
5) NO measurable property divergence can measurably violate the
Equivalence Principle, including relativistic and quantum mechanical
effects.
6) NO composition of matter divergence can measurably violate the
Equivalence Principle.
7) Gravitation theories are geometries not stockrooms, therefore
8) Violate the Equivalence Principle with macroscopically and
chemically identical, opposite geometric parity atomic mass
distributions. Parity divergence cannot be measured, only calculated.

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/norone.png
Optical chirality is not coupled to mass distribution geometry.
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qzdense.png
Opposite geometric parity atomic mass distributions
J. Math. Phys. 40(9) 4587 (1999)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/erotor1.jpg
Simple experiment with a
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz4.htm
simple basis.

When 420+ years of canonical observation have summed to zero you don't
need a better observation, you need a different observation.

Somebody should look.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz4.htm

eric gisse

Dec 18, 2009, 3:19:29 PM12/18/09
Surfer wrote:
[...]

> Reginald T. Cahill

[...]

Like a broken goddamn record.

BDK

Dec 19, 2009, 2:15:53 AM12/19/09
In article <mtjni5to4mms9glbl...@4ax.com>,
gov....@gmail.com says...

Notice he didn't use the words jew or Zionist? Now THAT'S progress!
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.

Arindam Banerjee

Dec 19, 2009, 3:58:41 AM12/19/09
What, have they created a black hole after all?

Heh.

harmony

Dec 21, 2009, 2:29:33 PM12/21/09

"Uncle Al" <Uncl...@hate.spam.net> wrote in message

looking beyond, i think a new law of gravity, aka the simple theory, is
coming soon, which will shed light on the dark matter, the same thing the
hindus call the akaash. chances are it will revalidate einstein's theroy.