A sinking monstrosity called NRA

Ördög

Feb 25, 2018, 4:15:45 PM2/25/18
So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is the
NRA.
It is bloody time!

*Major companies are cutting ties with the National Rifle Association*

Source: ABC NewsMail 26/02/2017

"Major corporations in the US are severing ties with the National Rifle
Association (NRA) in the wake of the February 14 massacre at a Florida
high school.

The exodus of corporate names began after the NRA launched a counter-
offensive against a student-led campaign for tighter US gun laws.

NRA spokespeople have lashed out at gun control advocates, arguing that
Democratic elites are politicising the deadly rampage in Florida to erode
gun owners' rights.

These are the companies abandoning the NRA

The exodus began on Thursday (local time), when three rental car brands
owned by Enterprise Holdings Inc said they were ending discount programs,
and First National Bank of Omaha said it would not renew the NRA's
contract to issue a co-branded Visa card.
On Friday Hertz joined the other rental car brands.

Then Symantec Corp ended a discount program for its LifeLock identity
theft product. Home security company SimpliSafe also terminated a
discount program.

Chubb Ltd said it would stop underwriting a NRA-branded insurance policy
for gun owners that covers legal costs in self-defence shootings.

Another insurer, MetLife Inc, also said it had ended an auto and home
incentive program for NRA members. And North American Van Lines said it
was scrapping its affiliate relationship with the NRA.

The latest company to end ties is Delta Air Lines, which announced it was
ending a contract for discount rates with the NRA and asking the advocacy
group to remove information from its website.

United Airlines then made a similar move.

The NRA isn't happy

It responded by saying its members were being punished, but would not be
intimidated, by what it called "a shameful display of political and civic
cowardice" from some corporations.

The NRA said in a statement its more than 5 million law-abiding members
had nothing to do with the failures of school security, the mental health
system, or both local and federal law enforcement that it said had caused
the tragedy.

"Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in
a shameful display of political and civic cowardice," the statement said.

"In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognise that
patriotism and determined commitment to."

Activists aren't done yet. Google, Amazon and Apple are under pressure

NRATV is a streaming service (like Netflix) covering politics, hunting
and gun collecting.

More than 70,000 people have signed a petition calling on Amazon to drop
the NRATV app from its services.

Google and Apple are facing similar calls.
So far none of the tech giants have responded to the calls.

Not everyone is cutting ties with the NRA

The Huffington Post contacted a number of organisations affiliated with
the NRA.
While many, including FedEx, SiriusXM and YouTube did not respond to
requests for comments, others said they would not be ending ties.
MidwayUSA is a sporting and camping goods seller.

It says on its website that "No company in America is more dedicated to,
and more supportive of, the goals of the National Rifle Association than
MidwayUSA".

And HotelPlanner, a company which offers savings on airfare and hotel
reservations, said it intends to honour its contract with the NRA.

ABC/Reuters"
~~~

You just can't fool everyone all the time! The NRA creeps have thought
they were invincible.
But once the American public finally wakes up and starts to demand on
mass "STOP THAT BLOODY SHOOTING CARNAGE" the gun-loons hopefully have to
give in to the popular demand.

--
Ördög, without any apologies

de chucka

Feb 25, 2018, 4:24:44 PM2/25/18
I don't know about the veracity of the claim but Planet America on the
ABC said a huge % of NRA memberships weren't paid for but came
compliment with gun purchases etc

Fran

Feb 25, 2018, 6:17:53 PM2/25/18
On 26/02/2018 8:15 AM, Ördög wrote:
> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is the
> NRA.

Yes I heard a snippet on that yesterday on the radio. I meant to follow
up on it. Thanks for reminding me Ordog.

(snip)
> You just can't fool everyone all the time! The NRA creeps have thought
> they were invincible.
> But once the American public finally wakes up and starts to demand on
> mass "STOP THAT BLOODY SHOOTING CARNAGE" the gun-loons hopefully have to
> give in to the popular demand.

It could get really interesting. I never thought I'd see it in my
lifetime but it may yet start.

Fran

Feb 25, 2018, 6:22:34 PM2/25/18
On 26/02/2018 8:24 AM, de chucka wrote:
> On 26/02/2018 8:15 AM, Ördög wrote:
>> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is the
>> NRA.

> I don't know about the veracity of the claim but Planet America on the
> ABC said a huge % of NRA memberships weren't paid for but came
> compliment with gun purchases etc

Yes. I saw that too. I think the figure was that only 40% of members
actually paid dues. The rest were members as a result of people buying
guns and being given membership.

The REALLY interesting fact was that only 20% of ALL members were
Democrats. The NRA should actively try to get on board Democrats and
gain them as members if it wants to survive. I suspect that
organisation isn't smart enough to do that or even see that party
affiliation is a problem.

Just Wondering

Feb 25, 2018, 6:48:07 PM2/25/18
On 2/25/2018 2:15 PM, Ördög wrote:
> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is the
> NRA. It is bloody time!
> *Major companies are cutting ties with the National Rifle Association*
> Source: ABC NewsMail 26/02/2017

Not really. Mostly, those companies have only decided not to
give special discounts to people based on their NRA membership.

de chucka

Feb 25, 2018, 7:02:49 PM2/25/18
So they are cutting their ties with the NRA.

BTW is it true that only about 40% of NRA membership is actually paid by
the member the rest is complimentary like this

"[PDF]To receive your FREE one-year NRA membership from Taurus – a ...
https://www.taurususa.com/pdf/NRA/Taurus-NRA-Free-Membership-Print.pdf

To receive your FREE one-year NRA membership from Taurus – a $35 value –
complete the form below and send it along with a copy of the store
receipt (retain the original for your records) to: Taurus International
Mfg., Inc. NRA Membership Offer. 16175 NW 49 Avenue. Miami, FL 33014. *
Must purchase a new Taurus ..."

Dormant Frog

Feb 25, 2018, 7:37:46 PM2/25/18
On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 10:22:34 AM UTC+11, Fran wrote:

> The REALLY interesting fact was that only 20% of ALL members were
> Democrats. The NRA should actively try to get on board Democrats and
> gain them as members if it wants to survive. I suspect that
> organisation isn't smart enough to do that or even see that party
> affiliation is a problem.

I'm puzzled that the NRA needs to know its members' Party affiliations. Is it some kind of background check, do you suppose?

max headroom

Feb 25, 2018, 9:37:29 PM2/25/18
In news:p6v91v$j9v$1...@dont-email.me,
Ördög <aba...@purgatory.org.invalid> typed:

> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is the NRA.
> It is bloody time!...

That's what pinkies thought with their "Boycott Rush" campaign.

Limbaugh is still broadcasting, as strong as ever.

Trevor Wilson

Feb 25, 2018, 10:02:26 PM2/25/18
**Does Rush have the blood of students on his hands? The NRA is DIRECTLY
responsible for the policies that caused the deaths of school kids. Like
the KKK before it, the NRA will wither and die, if it doesn't change.
And not before time. LaPierre is the most evil son of a bitch in the US
today.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

max headroom

Feb 25, 2018, 11:45:12 PM2/25/18
In news:ffhbm0...@mid.individual.net,
Trevor Wilson <tre...@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> typed:

> On 26/02/2018 12:59 PM, max headroom wrote:
>> In news:p6v91v$j9v$1...@dont-email.me,
>> Ördög <aba...@purgatory.org.invalid> typed:

>>> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is
>>> the NRA. It is bloody time!...

>> That's what pinkies thought with their "Boycott Rush" campaign.

>> Limbaugh is still broadcasting, as strong as ever.

> **Does Rush have the blood of students on his hands? The NRA is
> DIRECTLY responsible for the policies that caused the deaths of
> school kids....

Bullshit. The civil authorities who failed to pursue the clear warning signs of a troubled youth
which would have resulted in his name entered into the NICS database are responsible. The laws are
there to prevent this but they weren't followed.

Trevor Wilson

Feb 26, 2018, 12:32:24 AM2/26/18
On 26/02/2018 3:15 PM, max headroom wrote:
> In news:ffhbm0...@mid.individual.net,
> Trevor Wilson <tre...@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> typed:
>
>> On 26/02/2018 12:59 PM, max headroom wrote:
>>> In news:p6v91v$j9v$1...@dont-email.me,
>>> Ördög <aba...@purgatory.org.invalid> typed:

>>> That's what pinkies thought with their "Boycott Rush" campaign.
>
>>> Limbaugh is still broadcasting, as strong as ever.
>
>> **Does Rush have the blood of students on his hands? The NRA is
>> DIRECTLY responsible for the policies that caused the deaths of
>> school kids....
>
> Bullshit.

**In what sense?

That Rush does have blood on his hands?
Or that the NRA, by frustrating attempts to tighten US gun control laws
and skewing political figures to perform their bidding doesn't?

The civil authorities who failed to pursue the clear warning signs of
a troubled youth
> which would have resulted in his name entered into the NICS database are responsible.

**And the fact that the gun used was easily and inexpensively available
to someone so young?

The laws are
> there to prevent this but they weren't followed.

**No doubt, but the insane situation that exists in the US, where high
power, rapid fire weapons are easily and cheaply available, without much
restriction is huge part of the problem.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

max headroom

Feb 26, 2018, 1:07:46 AM2/26/18
In news:ffhkf6...@mid.individual.net,
Trevor Wilson <tre...@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> typed:

> On 26/02/2018 3:15 PM, max headroom wrote:
>> In news:ffhbm0...@mid.individual.net,
>> Trevor Wilson <tre...@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> typed:

>>> **Does Rush have the blood of students on his hands? The NRA is
>>> DIRECTLY responsible for the policies that caused the deaths of
>>> school kids....

>> Bullshit.

> **In what sense?

> That Rush does have blood on his hands?...

No.

> Or that the NRA, by frustrating attempts to tighten US gun control laws
> and skewing political figures to perform their bidding doesn't?

No.

>> The civil authorities who failed to pursue the clear warning signs of a troubled youth which
>> would have resulted in his name entered into the NICS database are responsible.

> **And the fact that the gun used was easily and inexpensively available to someone so young?

Do you know how much *his* gun cost? The problem was not his age, it was his rage. Had the
authorities done their duty, he would have been prevented from buying that gun.

>> The laws are there to prevent this but they weren't followed.

> **No doubt, but the insane situation that exists in the US, where high power,...

Wrong.

> ... rapid fire weapons are easily and cheaply available, without much restriction is huge part of
> the problem.

Yet thousands of men his age own them without causing a problem. We don't let madmen define the
limits of our rights.

Dormant Frog

Feb 26, 2018, 2:29:34 AM2/26/18
No, bullshit, a gunshop sold an AR-15 to a deranged 18-year-old.

What are obviously lacking are laws to prevent that kind of nonsense.

The 2nd Amendment does *not* say,
"Unregulated armed lunatics being necessary to the security of a free state..."
So laws should be in place to prevent unregulated lunatics from being armed.

Dormant Frog

Feb 26, 2018, 2:32:49 AM2/26/18
On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 5:07:46 PM UTC+11, max headroom wrote:

> Yet thousands of men his age own them without causing a problem. We don't let madmen define the
> limits of our rights.

Seeing as a "well regulated militia" is patently no longer a requirement for your state's security, and seeing as the 2nd amendment's context was muzzle-loading hand-cannons, the right you imagine is a complete fiction.

There is no way the authors of the 2nd amendment would approve of the arming of non-regulated people who clearly detract from the security of your free state.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Feb 26, 2018, 8:58:50 AM2/26/18
On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 17:59:25 -0800, "max headroom"
<maximus...@gmx.com> wrote:

>In news:p6v91v$j9v$1...@dont-email.me,
>Ördög <aba...@purgatory.org.invalid> typed:
>
>> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is the NRA.
>> It is bloody time!...

I just sent them $50 for two years.

You are now a member of America’s oldest civil rights organization. It
is great to have you in our corner! As an NRA member, you are
defending your Second Amendment rights and promoting gun safety across
America.

Your credit card will be billed for $55.00* for a 2 Year Membership in
the National Rifle Association. As per your selection, you will not
receive an NRA magazine. Should you wish to receive a magazine at a
later date, you can register with NRA Online Member Services at
http://www.nramemberservices.org and select a magazine to receive for
the remainder of your 2 Year Membership.

THEN I placed THIS order

Item # Product Qty Price Each Discount Total Price
MAG-889-003 C Products AR-15 Magazine .223/5.56 NATO 30 Rounds
Mil-Spec Aluminum Black 3023001175CP 10
$9.97
$99.70

just because! I didn't even NEED them! I just WANTED them!

LOL

max headroom

Feb 26, 2018, 11:33:28 AM2/26/18
In news:de489dtf51khosf78...@4ax.com,
Klaus Schadenfreude <klausscha...@null.net> typed:

>> In news:p6v91v$j9v$1...@dont-email.me,
>> Ördög <aba...@purgatory.org.invalid> typed:

>>> So, some rats have finally decided to flee the sinking ship that is
>>> the NRA. It is bloody time!...

> I just sent them $50 for two years....

[snip]

> THEN I placed THIS order

> Item # Product Qty Price Each Discount Total Price
> MAG-889-003 C Products AR-15 Magazine .223/5.56 NATO 30 Rounds
> Mil-Spec Aluminum Black 3023001175CP 10 $9.97 $99.70

> just because! I didn't even NEED them! I just WANTED them!

> LOL

I *LOVE* this country!

Klaus Schadenfreude

Feb 26, 2018, 2:53:51 PM2/26/18
No shit! Can you imagine anyone having to explain to his GOVERNMENT
why he wants to buy something?

How fucking pathetic would THAT be......

Just Wondering

Feb 26, 2018, 5:23:40 PM2/26/18
On 2/26/2018 8:43 AM, max headroom wrote:
> Klaus Schadenfreude <klausscha...@null.net> typed:
>>> Ördög <aba...@purgatory.org.invalid> typed:

>> I just sent them $50 for two years....
>> THEN I placed THIS order
>
>> Item # Product Qty Price Each Discount Total Price
>> MAG-889-003 C Products AR-15 Magazine .223/5.56 NATO 30 Rounds
>> Mil-Spec Aluminum Black 3023001175CP 10 $9.97 $99.70
>> just because! I didn't even NEED them! I just WANTED them!
>> LOL
>
> I *LOVE* this country!

Yep. When Obama had BATF propose banning M855 ammo
I went online and bought a box in protest. Not only
did I not need it, I didn't even own a rifle that
would fire the stuff. I just did it because I could,
to exercise my First Amendment Right to free speech.

Although, I did try a one-year membership in NRA, mostly
because I wanted the American Rifleman magazine. During
that year, I probably got more than one letter or email
every bloody week, asking for money. I didn't renew when
the year was up because of that.

Lions Growl of Butchers Foul

Feb 28, 2018, 2:31:26 AM2/28/18
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 9:23:40 AM UTC+11, Just Wondering wrote:
> On 2/26/2018 8:43 AM, max headroom wrote:
> > Klaus Schadenfreude <klausscha...@null.net> typed:

> >> I just sent them $50 for two years....
> >> THEN I placed THIS order
> >
> >> Item # Product Qty Price Each Discount Total Price
> >> MAG-889-003 C Products AR-15 Magazine .223/5.56 NATO 30 Rounds
> >> Mil-Spec Aluminum Black 3023001175CP 10 $9.97 $99.70
> >> just because! I didn't even NEED them! I just WANTED them!
> >> LOL
> >
> > I *LOVE* this country!
>
> Yep. When Obama had BATF propose banning M855 ammo
> I went online and bought a box in protest. Not only
> did I not need it, I didn't even own a rifle that
> would fire the stuff.

That is potentially the most retarded thing I have ever read on the internet.

What are you going to do when the zombies are coming at you and all you have left is a box of M855 ammo that doesn't fit any of your weapons?
As they scoop out your brain, your final thought is going to be, "Oh gosh, if only I had spent that $380 on something sensible instead of being a retard"......

Klaus Schadenfreude

Mar 2, 2018, 7:26:21 PM3/2/18
If the NRA is a "sinking ship," why are they constantly whining like
school girls about it?

de chucka

Mar 2, 2018, 11:40:15 PM3/2/18
because it only sinking not sunk