Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Great business slogans

閲覧: 11 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Anne Hilllebrand

未読、
1997/09/18 3:00:001997/09/18

Saw a wrecker truck with this slogan painted on the back bumper.

"We're always on our tows!"

Beauty shop

"We'll curl up and dye for you!"

Packing house

"You can't beat Wilson's meat!"

Seen any funny ones? Please tell what city if they are legit.

Graham Weeks

未読、
1997/09/20 3:00:001997/09/20

Timothy Hock Seng Tan wrote:

> Anne Hilllebrand ("annehil...@worldnet.att.net"@att.net) wrote:
>
> 8<
> : Beauty shop

> : "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
>
> I think there's an actual barber's here in Melbourne, that's called "Curl
> up and Dye". (That's Melbourne, Australia, for all you yanks.)
>
> : Seen any funny ones? Please tell what city if they are legit.
>
> I've seen a bakery that's called "Just no Knead". It's also in Melb.

I have seen for myself
In Jos, Nigeria, Good Shepherd Blessed Barbing Saloon.
In Kano, Nigeria, Lawal Bakers, Only God does better.
The latter though humorous to the foreigner is seriously Islamic.

Graham Weeks
668: The Neighbour of the Beast

John Chua

未読、
1997/09/22 3:00:001997/09/22

083...@bud.swin.edu.au (Timothy Hock Seng
Tan)<5vsla7$a2a$1...@lucy.cc.swin.edu.au> wrote:

>Anne Hilllebrand ("annehil...@worldnet.att.net"@att.net) wrote:
>
>8<
>: Beauty shop
>: "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
>
>I think there's an actual barber's here in Melbourne, that's called "Curl
>up and Dye". (That's Melbourne, Australia, for all you yanks.)

The best barbershop name I've seen is Chainsaw Massacre, near
Melbourne Uni...

(=

John!

.,-~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,.
ATTENTION: To reply via e-mail, remove the X's
from the start and end of my e-mail address!

John Chua
john...@melbpc.org.au

ATTENTION: To reply via e-mail, remove the X's
from the start and end of my e-mail address!
.,-~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,.

BonzoDog

未読、
1997/09/22 3:00:001997/09/22

Here's a rippa of a slogan that I saw while sitting in my car at a
set of traffic lights (for an hour or so) at Hanger Lane, West London.

"MAXI-SCAFF" for reliable scaffolding...
Let your next erection be in safe hands...

I was in a foul mood coming home from work but very quickly pissed
myself when I read that slogan.

BONZODOG, England.

DIANNE JOHNSTON

未読、
1997/09/23 3:00:001997/09/23

> : Beauty shop
> : "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
>
> I think there's an actual barber's here in Melbourne, that's called "Curl
> up and Dye". (That's Melbourne, Australia, for all you yanks.)
>

> : Seen any funny ones? Please tell what city if they are legit.
>
> I've seen a bakery that's called "Just no Knead". It's also in Melb.

There is a picture framers in Brisbane Australia called "Hang Ups" and a
fish and chip shop called "The Codfather"

Dianne

Trevor Mettam

未読、
1997/09/24 3:00:001997/09/24

Theres a Thai Restaurant in McMahon's Point, Sydney called "Thai Tanic"
(the neon sign out front is emblazoned in front of a sinking ship -- tacky)

--
===----------------------------+--------------------------------------------===
Trevor Mettam |"I did not write S.O.B. on the Rostow
| bitch. I thought he was a prick."
E-Mail: tr...@syd.csa.com.au | -- John F. Kennedy
Mobile: +61-41-1491139 |
===----------------------------+--------------------------------------------===

Mark Radovich

未読、
1997/09/24 3:00:001997/09/24

tr...@syd.csa.com.au (Trevor Mettam) wrote:

>In article <Pine.OSF.3.93.970923...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>, DIANNE JOHNSTON <n215...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> writes:
>>
>>> : Beauty shop
>>> : "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
>>>
>>> I think there's an actual barber's here in Melbourne, that's called "Curl
>>> up and Dye". (That's Melbourne, Australia, for all you yanks.)
>>>
>>> : Seen any funny ones? Please tell what city if they are legit.
>>>
>>> I've seen a bakery that's called "Just no Knead". It's also in Melb.
>>
>>There is a picture framers in Brisbane Australia called "Hang Ups" and a
>>fish and chip shop called "The Codfather"

>Theres a Thai Restaurant in McMahon's Point, Sydney called "Thai Tanic"
>(the neon sign out front is emblazoned in front of a sinking ship -- tacky)

There's a carpet cleaning company in Perth with the slogan:

"You muck it up & we suck it up"

on the side of their vans.

MR

To reply by email, please delete the "m" in the return address
or it will bounce.

Andrew

未読、
1997/09/24 3:00:001997/09/24

There is a radiator repair place in Geelong, Australia that had an ad that
said:

North Geelong Radiators, a great place to take a leak!
--
Surandy
abl...@iaccess.com.au

DIANNE JOHNSTON <n215...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote in article
<Pine.OSF.3.93.970923...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>...

> > : Beauty shop
> > : "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
> >
> > I think there's an actual barber's here in Melbourne, that's called
"Curl
> > up and Dye". (That's Melbourne, Australia, for all you yanks.)
> >
> > : Seen any funny ones? Please tell what city if they are legit.
> >
> > I've seen a bakery that's called "Just no Knead". It's also in Melb.
>
> There is a picture framers in Brisbane Australia called "Hang Ups" and a
> fish and chip shop called "The Codfather"
>

> Dianne

Panhead

未読、
1997/09/24 3:00:001997/09/24

Mark Radovich wrote:

> tr...@syd.csa.com.au (Trevor Mettam) wrote:

> >>There is a picture framers in Brisbane Australia called "Hang Ups" and a
> >>fish and chip shop called "The Codfather"
>
> >Theres a Thai Restaurant in McMahon's Point, Sydney called "Thai Tanic"
> >(the neon sign out front is emblazoned in front of a sinking ship -- tacky)
>
> There's a carpet cleaning company in Perth with the slogan:
>
> "You muck it up & we suck it up"
>
> on the side of their vans.

What? No cess-pool companies that say "We'll take crap from anybody."?

The Bunton's

未読、
1997/09/24 3:00:001997/09/24

Anne Hilllebrand wrote:

> Saw a wrecker truck with this slogan painted on the back bumper.

Seen on a plumbing truck in Toronto, Ontario: In our business, "a flush
beats a full house".

> "We're always on our tows!"

> Beauty shop
>
> "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
>

> Packing house
>
> "You can't beat Wilson's meat!"

R.J.

未読、
1997/09/28 3:00:001997/09/28

Andrew wrote:

> There is a radiator repair place in Geelong, Australia that had an ad that
> said:
>
> North Geelong Radiators, a great place to take a leak!
> --
Saw This on a plumbers truck in Sydney

Established in 1967 (?)
We havn't had a leak in 30 years.

(note that the year above might not of been the actual one, but you know
what I mean?)

R.J.
***** To email me use: ra...@zip.com.au *****

"you make a grown man cry
you make a grown man cry"
-Start Me Up (the Windows 95 song)
The Rolling Stones

Ian Hadley

未読、
1997/09/29 3:00:001997/09/29

Sofa Repair Shop (Actual)

Sofa So Good

RUSSELL J BARTELS

未読、
1997/09/30 3:00:001997/09/30

A construction company in Geelong is called

Permenant Erections

OB:

Q: why did the goana cross the road?

A: to show that he had guts

Thankyou and goodnight.

May god stand between you and harm...

Kannan

未読、
1997/10/17 3:00:001997/10/17

So what one would suggest for a ship chandling company??

Panhead <Knuck...@webspan.net> wrote:

>Mark Radovich wrote:
>>
>> tr...@syd.csa.com.au (Trevor Mettam) wrote:

>> >Theres a Thai Restaurant in McMahon's Point, Sydney called "Thai Tanic"
>> >(the neon sign out front is emblazoned in front of a sinking ship -- tacky)
>>
>> There's a carpet cleaning company in Perth with the slogan:
>>
>> "You muck it up & we suck it up"
>>
>> on the side of their vans.
>>

>What? No cess-pool companies that say "We'll take crap from anybody."?

Kannan K N
P O Box 5592
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

Ph : 971 4 470000(Off), 366342 (Res), Fax 470303

Email : koma...@usa.net, kan...@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1803

See who has what files open in browse mode. Try out SYSMON utility of mine. Link on my site

Anne Hilllebrand

未読、
1997/10/20 3:00:001997/10/20

Think I mentioned there is a cess-pool cleaning company whose trucks
read "We're number one in the number two business."

One that bothered me here in Orlando was the name for a lawn care
company. "None like it". Guess they meant there is no other exactly
the same, but could be taken to mean it was not liked by anyone.

George L. Anderson

未読、
1997/10/20 3:00:001997/10/20

Inn the 1960's Panasonic considered using the slogan "From Those
Wonderful People That Brought You World War Two" for advertising in the
Ewe Ess of A. For some reason they changed their minds.

Greg Garrels

未読、
1997/10/20 3:00:001997/10/20

> > >What? No cess-pool companies that say "We'll take crap from anybody."?
> >

> Think I mentioned there is a cess-pool cleaning company whose trucks
> read "We're number one in the number two business."

There was a sewage hauler in Barrow, Alaska called "Elephant Pot Sewage
Haulers"
Their motto was "We'll clean up your act cause we've got our s**t
together"

Malin Ulrika Helena Andersson

未読、
1997/10/24 3:00:001997/10/24

Anne Hilllebrand ("annehil...@worldnet.att.net"@att.net) wrote:
: Kannan wrote:
: >
: > So what one would suggest for a ship chandling company??
: >
: > Panhead <Knuck...@webspan.net> wrote:
: >
: > >Mark Radovich wrote:
: > >>
: > >> tr...@syd.csa.com.au (Trevor Mettam) wrote:
: > >>
: > >> >In article <Pine.OSF.3.93.970923...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>, DIANNE
: JOHNSTON <n215...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> writes:
: > >> >>
: > >> >>> : Beauty shop
: > >> >>> : "We'll curl up and dye for you!"
: > >> >>>
[...]
: > >
: > >What? No cess-pool companies that say "We'll take crap from anybody."?
: >
: > ****************************************************

: > Kannan K N
: > P O Box 5592
: > Dubai
: > United Arab Emirates
: >
: > Ph : 971 4 470000(Off), 366342 (Res), Fax 470303
: >
: > Email : koma...@usa.net, kan...@geocities.com
: > http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1803
: >
: > See who has what files open in browse mode. Try out SYSMON utility of mine. Link on my site

: Think I mentioned there is a cess-pool cleaning company whose trucks

: read "We're number one in the number two business."

: One that bothered me here in Orlando was the name for a lawn care

新着メール 0 件