What will goats not eat?

meeee

Nov 12, 2006, 11:43:41 PM11/12/06
Mum rang me with a gardening problem regarding goats.....her soil is dry,
sandy, slightly acid and under gum trees. She also suffers from marauding
goats....her own, but still.....so she's put in a request to all you
gardening gurus for plants that will handle dry conditions that goats will
not eat...she will be very very grateful!! It's sort of dappled shade in
some parts and full sun in others; she likes cottage gardens and already has
lavendar and rosemary growing. Thanks :)

Jonno

Nov 13, 2006, 12:10:17 AM11/13/06

Goats will eat anything.
They wont eat Electric fenced plants. Mind you it will also surprise
your Mum at times and give her heart quite a Rev/start.

meeee

Nov 13, 2006, 12:24:20 AM11/13/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Lol!! I know.....she needs to do that. I think she thinks it's charming the
way they stare stupidly through her glass doors.....

Geoff & Heather

Nov 13, 2006, 2:02:35 AM11/13/06
Try grass :-)

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 13, 2006, 2:38:08 AM11/13/06
Nope....lol well a few blades are hiding between some rocks, I believe.

"Geoff & Heather" <gp...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Terryc

Nov 13, 2006, 5:24:25 AM11/13/06
meeee wrote:

> Lol!! I know.....she needs to do that. I think she thinks it's charming the
> way they stare stupidly through her glass doors.....

How about through a glass lidded cooking pot?

<slinks away and doesn't mention that weekly shopping also includes a
bit of goat meat now>

Jonno

Nov 13, 2006, 6:20:15 AM11/13/06
Er is it the goats or is it her....staring stupidly (no offence,
electric or otherwise) I mean. Goats were designed to eat anything.
Anyone keeping goats that will not eat everything, has a defective goat
or mind. Goats go to great lengths to eat the uneatable. Your mother
will become quite smart after having been butted on the bbbut. Goats are
quite tricky. This is why the devil is sometimes seen in the guise of a
goat.
You cannot trust goats. (All this information was taken of the Net and
is ISO 9001 certified.) (Except the bit about) your mother who is
probably in the spell of "charming goats" Snap her out of it before its
too late... (GRIN!) Dont let her even think about donkeys.

meeee

Nov 13, 2006, 9:20:58 PM11/13/06

"Terryc" <newsones...@woa.com.au> wrote in message
Lol we used to eat the young males....very nice meat! Now us kids are all
out, there aren't so many mouths to feed so she just has two milkers; the
bush goat from hell and a saanen....less said there the better. For some
reason you always get a bad tempered goat who's a great milker, or a placid,
slightly silly one who's just ok.

meeee

Nov 13, 2006, 9:24:39 PM11/13/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

She thinks donkeys are sweet...enough said. Dad has put his foot down on
that one fortunately. She's quite good at keeping them out of the vegie
garden....many years of trial and error....but she'd like a 'flower garden'
out the front. Or any garden. Right now she has lots of rocks, some dead
leaves, sand, aloe vera and lavendar. Oh, and the rosemary.I might just
suggest she gets more of that. I'm going to have a chat to her about natives
too; I'm sure there are quite a few in the bush around her house that they
won't touch, so I think she should try getting her hands on those.

Jonno

Nov 14, 2006, 7:04:38 AM11/14/06
Where/what place exactly is she?

meeee

Nov 14, 2006, 4:20:31 PM11/14/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

SE Qld, Granite Belt area. So the soil is basically very fine granite. I'm
not sure about local native nurseries but last I recall there weren't many
for some reason, or they were miles out of town.

Jonno

Nov 14, 2006, 8:46:36 PM11/14/06
It seems the goats are in the wrong area. Theres nothing to eat except
you Mum's garden! (grin!) I reckon she may be in a sparsely populated
and vegetated area. Possibly alkaline soil. suggest getting onto this
site for help

> http://www.check-in.com.au/Brisbane/Pohlmans_Nursery.htm

> http://farrer.csu.edu.au/ASGAP/APOL2006/aug06-1.html

As to whats goat resistant, what a question to ask.
Try tin cans? As suggested previously. electrify the garden. Which
reminds me>>
I once wired a tree with Christmas tree lights, full 240 volts to the
trunk one nice wet day, no trouble with goats, but the tree died.
Shocking.....

meeee

Nov 14, 2006, 9:16:48 PM11/14/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Lol you make me laugh....;) yes, she is in an open woodland type area, so
not a lot of forage unless you're a roo. Only you can't milk roos. So the
goats get hay, grain etc...thanks for the link, I'll look it up and give her
some names...she seems to think the internet will burn or
something.....thanks for that :)

SG1

Nov 15, 2006, 4:21:35 PM11/15/06

> Lol you make me laugh....;) yes, she is in an open woodland type area, so
> not a lot of forage unless you're a roo. Only you can't milk roos. So the
> goats get hay, grain etc...thanks for the link, I'll look it up and give
> her some names...she seems to think the internet will burn or
> something.....thanks for that :)

Just tell her to cross her index fingers in front when given the info from
the net. It will purify it.
Jim
TFIC

meeee

Nov 15, 2006, 6:01:58 PM11/15/06

"SG1" <lo...@the.races.com> wrote in message
Should she wave a bottle of eucalyptus oil over it?

Jonno

Nov 15, 2006, 6:18:40 PM11/15/06
Tea tree oil. The expensive one not the 10% diluted one which doesnt
wo(r)k.

Jonno

Nov 15, 2006, 6:23:30 PM11/15/06
Whoops the pohlmans link died. Was OK last night...

I'ls see if I can find another....

Jonno

Nov 15, 2006, 6:28:50 PM11/15/06

meeee

Nov 15, 2006, 9:43:13 PM11/15/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Lmao.....ok. Expensive extra virgin cold pressed organic free range vegan
tea tree oil it is then. ooh should it be halal as well??

meeee

Nov 15, 2006, 9:44:28 PM11/15/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

I gave her that but she's a fair way from toowoomba, although she goes there
for shopping sometimes so she said she'll pop in and have a chat. Maybe she
should take the goat with her, let it loose in pohlman's, then buy two dozen
of whatever's left.

meeee

Nov 15, 2006, 9:46:06 PM11/15/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Oooh that's very comprehensive. Who knows, she might go on a nursery tour if
I give it to her...Dad's just bought a 'definitely not a midlife crisis
vehicle as it's not a Harley' motorbike so they might start a nursery
crawl.....

John Savage

Nov 16, 2006, 1:12:23 AM11/16/06
"Geoff & Heather" <gp...@optusnet.com.au> writes:
> Try grass :-)

But stoned goats might come to the notice of the RSPCA.

Try concrete gnomes. Drought resistant, too.

Jonno

Nov 16, 2006, 5:10:57 AM11/16/06
Zounds and Egad a fellow scientist.

Jonno

Nov 16, 2006, 5:13:50 AM11/16/06
Geez I was hoping for an invite to a genu whine invite to a Queensland
pub crawl. Good sites are hard to find. Most of em are under re
construction. It the goats dats did it. Ate all the zero's and one.

meeee

Nov 16, 2006, 5:01:29 PM11/16/06

"John Savage" <rook...@suburbian.com.au> wrote in message

LMAO....and does Bunnings sell these Goat-proof, Drought Resistant Garden
gnomes??

meeee

Nov 16, 2006, 5:04:27 PM11/16/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Well, basic grade 10 science anyway...develop a hypothesis and test it.....

meeee

Nov 16, 2006, 5:07:35 PM11/16/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Pub crawls are usually every friday night....just pick a pub and join in.
Drink until you get booted out then crawl to the next....that's the
traditional pub crawl......I agree about the garden sites. And it's
definitely the goats. Possibly camels as well. I'm suspecting an alliance...

Jonno

Nov 16, 2006, 5:35:41 PM11/16/06

Yep it was the goats again. Give up all hope for your mum....
Straight from Wikopedia this informing snippet.
This puts goats with animals such as rabbits and other vermin....

A goat is said to be truly useful both when alive and dead, ( I like
this bit, so it doesn't matter if you kill them(grin!)) providing meat
and milk while the skin provides hide. A charity is involved in
providing goats to impoverished people in Africa. The main reason cited
was that goats are easier to manage than cattle and have multiple uses.

Feeding goats

Goats are reputed to be willing to eat almost anything. Many farmers use
inexpensive (i.e. not purebred) goats for brush control, leading to the
use of the term "brush goats." (Brush goats are not a variety of goat,
but rather a function they perform.) Because they prefer weeds (e.g.
multiflora rose, thorns, small trees) to clover and grass, they are
often used to keep fields clear for other animals. The digestive systems
of a goat allow nearly any organic substance to be broken down and used
as nutrients.

Contrary to this reputation, they are quite fastidious in their habits,
preferring to browse on the tips of woody shrubs and trees, as well as
the occasional broad leaved plant. It can fairly be said that goats will
eat almost anything in the botanical world. Their plant diet is
extremely varied and includes some species which are toxic or
detrimental to cattle and sheep. This makes them valuable for
controlling noxious weeds and clearing brush and undergrowth. They will
seldom eat soiled food or water unless facing starvation.

Goats do not actually consume garbage, tin cans, or clothing, although
they will occasionally eat items made primarily of plant material, which
can include wood. Their reputation for doing so is most likely due to
their intensely inquisitive and intelligent nature: they will explore
anything new or unfamiliar in their surroundings. They do so primarily
with their prehensile upper lip and tongue. This is why they investigate
clothes and sometimes washing powder boxes by nibbling at them.

Goats will consume, on average, 4.5 pounds of dry matter per 100 lbs of
body weight per day.

Sue Bilstein

Nov 16, 2006, 8:16:03 PM11/16/06
meeee wrote:
> Mum rang me with a gardening problem regarding goats.....her soil is dry,
> sandy, slightly acid and under gum trees. She also suffers from marauding
> goats....her own, but still.....so she's put in a request to all you
> gardening gurus for plants that will handle dry conditions that goats will
> not eat...she will be very very grateful!! It's sort of dappled shade in
> some parts and full sun in others; she likes cottage gardens and already has
> lavendar and rosemary growing. Thanks :)

They'd rather not eat gorse and blackberry, if there's anything else
around!

Years ago I lived in Wellington (NZ) on a hillside section. The
landlord said I should borrow the neighbour's goat and tether it in the
garden above the house to graze down the gorse & blackberry. I can
attest that the goat didn't eat gorse and blackberry, though there
wasn't much else on offer.

Jonno

Nov 16, 2006, 8:47:51 PM11/16/06
It appears that goat was spoiled and educated.

meeee

Nov 16, 2006, 9:31:03 PM11/16/06

> Yep it was the goats again. Give up all hope for your mum....
> Straight from Wikopedia this informing snippet.
> This puts goats with animals such as rabbits and other vermin....
>

> A goat is said to be truly useful both when alive and dead, ( I like this
> bit, so it doesn't matter if you kill them(grin!)) providing meat and milk
> while the skin provides hide. A charity is involved in providing goats to
> impoverished people in Africa. The main reason cited was that goats are
> easier to manage than cattle and have multiple uses.
>
> Feeding goats
>
> Goats are reputed to be willing to eat almost anything. Many farmers use
> inexpensive (i.e. not purebred) goats for brush control, leading to the
> use of the term "brush goats."

'Bush Goats' in oz!!

> Goats do not actually consume garbage, tin cans, or clothing, although
> they will occasionally eat items made primarily of plant material, which
> can include wood. Their reputation for doing so is most likely due to
> their intensely inquisitive and intelligent nature: they will explore
> anything new or unfamiliar in their surroundings. They do so primarily
> with their prehensile upper lip and tongue. This is why they investigate
> clothes and sometimes washing powder boxes by nibbling at them.

Sure, maybe YOUR goats didn't, Wikipedia genius.... I used to get holes
chewed in my clothes (not explored or nibbled, but masticated), not to
mention shoes.....and we had one that broke in, ate a pot full of jam that
was cooling, and subsequently died. Mum was not pleased.....no jam, no goat.
Dad wasn't all that worried though for some reason....

meeee

Nov 16, 2006, 9:34:52 PM11/16/06

"Sue Bilstein" <sue_bi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Lol I'd have to agree. I am thinking of amending that wikipedia entry for
the last writer; 'Goats will eat anything, but only if they are not supposed
to eat it. If they are supposed to eat it, they will develop a sudden and
inexplicable allergic reaction to the food.' You should have tried chaining
the goat within sight, but not actual reach of the blackberry, and scolded
it severely everal times daily about NOt eating the blackberry, and
definitely NEVER going near the gorse. Then the little bugger would have
busted his appendix breaking the chain to get to it. Regular failed attempts
to catch the animal or chase it away from the blackberry/gorse after it had
broken the chain would have ensured the complete destruction of the weeds.
Especially if there are two or three goats, as they egg each other on.

Jonno

Nov 17, 2006, 3:40:22 AM11/17/06
You missed the bit about a charity supplying goats to people in South
Africa.
A new export business, starting with your mums...

meeee

Nov 17, 2006, 6:51:49 AM11/17/06

"Jonno" <Noh...@nospamnet.org.au> wrote in message

Oh, dad would be all for it, believe me....I'll have to mention it next time
I speak to him. He needs some new material I think....that should keep him
going for the next 6 months or so....

Jon Vance

Nov 27, 2006, 8:19:05 AM11/27/06

meeee

Nov 27, 2006, 4:35:16 PM11/27/06
OMG that is the funniest thing I've seen in ages!!! Sending this one off to
them....Dad will find this hilarious!!!
"Jon Vance" <whoc...@com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Nov 28, 2006, 1:03:10 AM11/28/06
Lots of research to find some funy goats....
No expense was spared.... Ignore the JV name thats meee
My Emails went down last week and I'm back...as Jonno
"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 1:17:32 AM11/28/06
Lol you'd think there'd be more wouldn't you? Probably people are too
frustrated to find a funny side....

"Jonno" <imno...@dot.com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Nov 28, 2006, 1:15:49 AM11/28/06
I will do so more research on goats.
Just for ewe

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 3:04:07 AM11/28/06
LMAO.....I wonder how long we can keep the goat theme going?

"Jonno" <imno...@dot.com.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 3:06:26 AM11/28/06
Here we go.....

http://www.geocities.com/~butt79/goatmania.html

trust me, this page just gets better and better.....

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 3:09:36 AM11/28/06
Disappointingly, hardly any of the links worked. But it was worth it to get
this.....

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/EdRes/Topic/AgrEnv/ndd/goat/GOAT_MANURE.html on this server.

This must be *really* top secret goat manure tips indeed.....

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 3:12:53 AM11/28/06
I know this is taking the whole goat thing waaaay too far....what were they
thinking? It's a goat for crying out aloud~~!

http://www.goatsonline.com/

And while we're there......presenting....

SheepCam. Seriously.
http://www.goatsonline.com/

and for those who REALLY love their ruminant of choice....
http://www.marryyourpet.com/

thought you'd appreciate that one...

Jonno

Nov 28, 2006, 5:37:19 AM11/28/06
Marry your pet. I did and she turned into a (in)human being. So far so bad.
meee it appears youre perverted in some ways. You must use the force to
return to us or were going to have to call goatbusters.

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 4:07:49 PM11/28/06
Why don't you join me on the dark side...think of how much fun you'd have
marrying your hamster.....(seriously...it lives for 5 years...that's not a
marriage that's going to do well)

"Jonno" <imno...@dot.com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Nov 28, 2006, 4:08:52 PM11/28/06
Just keeping goats is bad enough.
Besides hamsters, they couldn't live for five years after marrying.
The sex would kill them.
This is a clean area, no more perversion please.
We are not in New Zealand...

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 5:42:27 PM11/28/06
Oh, you are so going to get flamed for that!! :p
Did you read the 'love stories'....that kind of stuff wakes you up screaming
at 2am, then you thank God it's not real.....then you realize it is and
never sleep again...

"Jonno" <imno...@dot.com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Nov 28, 2006, 6:07:04 PM11/28/06
GRIN! Yeah, the flames will come handy at this years barby.
Things like I married a monster? And hes still here! And youre all alone in
the remote cottage you live in.
And he's about to brick you in....Alive?
No never have dreams like that. At least that I remember.
I am a well adjusted non dreamer.

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Nov 28, 2006, 11:55:04 PM11/28/06
lmao.....*sigh* us non-nutcases have such boring lives...i wish my budgie'd
save my life so I could marry him...it's such a good story...

"Jonno" <imno...@dot.com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Nov 29, 2006, 12:28:06 AM11/29/06
Wait a minute, arent you married?

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

Linda H

Dec 1, 2006, 5:06:07 PM12/1/06

>>>and for those who REALLY love their ruminant of choice....
>>>http://www.marryyourpet.com/

Heh, thanks for this guys. I that link to my hubby's computer coz I'm
always telling him he should'a married Morag (our big old Newfie - who
lately I've nicknamed Heather McCartney.)

I just hope he has the foresight to get her to sign a pre-nup.

Linda H

Dec 2, 2006, 2:36:53 AM12/2/06
Linda H wrote:

> I that link to

I that link? Sent, yeah.

meeee

Dec 3, 2006, 7:40:25 PM12/3/06
Oh, yes, that.....hmmm how to tell hubby he's dumped for the budgie??

"Jonno" <imno...@dot.com.au> wrote in message

meeee

Dec 3, 2006, 7:42:18 PM12/3/06

"Linda H" <us...@abuser.net> wrote in message

LMAO....although he should be safe with a Newf.....as long as he's not
partial to pig's ears....or leather shoes, IIRC...

meeee

Dec 3, 2006, 7:42:41 PM12/3/06

> Linda H wrote:
>
>> I that link to
>
> I that link? Sent, yeah.

Sent link what?

Jonno

Dec 4, 2006, 12:24:37 AM12/4/06
Its been common for women to marry old goats too!

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Dec 4, 2006, 1:18:47 AM12/4/06
Why am I hearing 'You're Fired' echoing around...?

"Jonno" <jo...@overtherainbow.com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Dec 4, 2006, 1:55:47 AM12/4/06
Christmas jollies? Tis de season?

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Dec 4, 2006, 3:31:01 PM12/4/06
LMAO.....why are there never any good goat Christmas carols? Now there's a
subject you should be able to sink your teeth into Jonno.....

"Jonno" <jo...@overtherainbow.com.au> wrote in message

Jonno

Dec 4, 2006, 3:32:59 PM12/4/06
It would make a great Christmas CD.
I will see what I can find...
PS the story about the guy marrying the goat was on the ABC website
initially but I remembered...

"meeee" <please...@youknowyouwantto.gov.au> wrote in message

meeee

Dec 4, 2006, 4:08:26 PM12/4/06
Lol too good....ok beginning the hunt!

"Jonno" <jo...@overtherainbow.com.au> wrote in message

Linda H

Dec 4, 2006, 7:00:24 PM12/4/06
meeee wrote:

> LMAO....although he should be safe with a Newf.....as long as he's not
> partial to pig's ears....or leather shoes, IIRC...

Heh, she's 12 now so she's past all that shoe chewing bizzo. Not the
slobber though, only I'm not sure if the slobber's from her or the old
man.

Our other old Newf (died 2 yrs ago) used to eat 'everything' including a
remote control once! (batteries = huge vet bill.) Now SHE was 'woman's
best friend' - she knew my (human) hubby was attached to that remote,
bless her. She didn't like the sports channel either.

meeee

Dec 4, 2006, 8:28:14 PM12/4/06

"Linda H" <us...@abuser.net> wrote in message

Lol sounds like she was a real character :) I'd love a big dog again one
day....not til the kids are a bit bigger though...they're about bite sized
for a Newfie atm....

Jonno

Dec 13, 2006, 6:34:18 AM12/13/06
to meeee
I found the Christmas goat, and we can all participate here

Jonno

Dec 13, 2006, 6:35:08 AM12/13/06
to meeee
I found the Christmas goat, and we can all participate here
> http://www.usefulgifts.org/

Happy Christmas goats to every one
from Jonno

Linda H

Dec 13, 2006, 3:37:29 PM12/13/06
Jonno wrote:
> I found the Christmas goat, and we can all participate here
>
>> http://www.usefulgifts.org/
>

> Happy Christmas goats to every one
> from Jonno

Heh. Nice idea. And it says you can add a selected Christmas Goat to
your shopping basket. Wouldn't it keep jumping out?

meeee

Dec 13, 2006, 4:46:59 PM12/13/06

"Linda H" <us...@abuser.net> wrote in message

Lol it's a great idea....I think I recieved a Christmas Goat once.
Fortunately it went to someone who would actually appreciate it so I didn't
have to feed it....

Jonno

Dec 13, 2006, 6:23:09 PM12/13/06
to Linda H
With all those goodies in there? I dont think so.
A happy goat is he!

Jonno

Dec 14, 2006, 3:50:56 AM12/14/06
to meeee
Er regarding goats, dont they help thenselves?

Jonno

Dec 14, 2006, 3:52:07 AM12/14/06
to Jonno, meeee
The world is just one big supermarket if youre a goat

meeee

Dec 14, 2006, 7:14:43 PM12/14/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

Yes. However to keep them in peak condition, mum feeds them working horse
mix and hay along with their daily ration of roses, lettuce, delicate
natives, shoes, jam, butter, tablecloths, towels, the neighbour's fruit
trees, cheese, meat balls, the odd sausage, dog food, chook food, guinea pig
food, guinea pigs that get in between the goat and the guinea pig food....ok
I made up the last one....

Jonno

Dec 14, 2006, 8:09:15 PM12/14/06
to meeee
Well a varied diet is supposed to be good for you.
I wonder what guinea pigs taste like?
How much start time do the goats give before the newly planted roses
etc. get done over? Do they wait till Mum forgets to close the gate?

meeee

Dec 14, 2006, 8:57:31 PM12/14/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

Yes. The really smart ones watch very carefully and figure out how to open
the gate. And they usually wait until you start to feel satisfied that the
poor thing might actually survive, and look, there's a rosebud! And the
glimmer of hope that you may, someday, have a garden, instead of a sandy
dustbowl with some sad clumps of native grass and three gum trees arises,
then they swoop in and crush your dreams like hairy tax accountants...

Linda H

Dec 15, 2006, 3:50:42 AM12/15/06
Jonno wrote:

> The world is just one big supermarket if youre a goat

Especially if they shop at Baa-Lo.

(sorry, I know, that's sheep. oh well.)

Jonno

Dec 15, 2006, 4:55:35 AM12/15/06
to Linda H
Nice Try!
Goats shop in MEEEHHEHElbourne!

to...@altavista.com

Dec 15, 2006, 10:47:49 AM12/15/06
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:09:15 +1100, Jonno <some...@intheclouds.com>
wrote:

Ask someone from some of the South American countries, I believe in
places they breed them for meat onsumption

meeee

Dec 15, 2006, 5:03:04 PM12/15/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

The only place that will still have them?

meeee

Dec 15, 2006, 5:02:38 PM12/15/06

"Linda H" <us...@abuser.net> wrote in message

Lol I don't think goats are allowed in Baa-Lo any more...

meeee

Dec 15, 2006, 5:03:43 PM12/15/06

<to...@altavista.com> wrote in message

Lol yes Dad used to threaten to barbeque mine all the time....

Jonno

Dec 15, 2006, 5:20:37 PM12/15/06
to meeee
O yes, were fast becoming an islamic capitol.

meeee

Dec 15, 2006, 7:01:51 PM12/15/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

Really? So mum and her goats would fit right in then...she'd love it. She
loves middle eastern people, I think she travelled a lot there when she was
young. When you still could travel there.

Jonno

Dec 16, 2006, 2:30:09 AM12/16/06
meeee wrote:
> "Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message
>> meeee wrote:
>>> "Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

>>> The only place that will still have them?
>> O yes, were fast becoming an islamic capitol.
>
> Really? So mum and her goats would fit right in then...she'd love it. She
> loves middle eastern people, I think she travelled a lot there when she was
> young. When you still could travel there.

You don't have to today. They're visiting us instead.
Just goes to show, show em a post card and they're hooked. After all we
have more camels than they do, and goats and probably everything else too.

meeee

Dec 16, 2006, 4:23:11 AM12/16/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

'Where the bloody hell are ya?'

'Um, in Melbourne..?'

Jonno

Dec 16, 2006, 5:38:57 AM12/16/06
to meeee
Say no more This is the end. Re: What will goats not eat? Christmas
goats and other presents.

meeee

Dec 16, 2006, 6:22:32 AM12/16/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

Lol...I think we've milked this for all it's worth.....sorry, I couldn't
help myself.

Jonno

Dec 16, 2006, 4:17:45 PM12/16/06
to meeee
At least youre not a butthead!
I think we'll have to find an udder subject.
What about the subject of inanimate garden gnomes.

meeee

Dec 16, 2006, 4:54:28 PM12/16/06

"Jonno" <some...@intheclouds.com> wrote in message

Lol actually I was looking at some on ebay...to get for my dad, if I could
find a ridiculous enough one. The goats wouldn't eat them, maybe mum should
have a gnome garden instead?

Tonto_Goldstein

Dec 18, 2006, 1:36:27 AM12/18/06

Lions.

Goats don't eat 'em.

Of course, then you have a lion.

Tonto_Goldstein

Dec 18, 2006, 1:37:25 AM12/18/06

Psst, you want see some feeeelthy postcard?

I have some with goat.

Jonno

Dec 18, 2006, 2:20:38 AM12/18/06
to Tonto_Goldstein
You lied about your name and youre a sexual deviate. Just whats wanted
around christmas time. Find an office party and dive in...

Linda H

Dec 18, 2006, 6:44:45 AM12/18/06
So, back to what goats eat just for a sec...

What veggie peelings can't they eat?

I've just peeled over 20 kgs of every imaginable vegetable to prepare my
veggie bakes that I roast and then freeze ahead of time (26 guests for
Christmas Day - ugh I hate it when it's my turn) and I thought I'd see
if my neighbour would want her five goats to have them. I haven't yet
set up my compost heap and there's such a lot to throw out otherwise.

I'd heard that some animals (such as pet guinea pigs) aren't supposed to
have certain ones. I have mass peelings (3 shopping bags full) of
peelings from potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cauliflower (stems),
brocolli (stems), capsicums, carrots, beans, zuccini, spinach (stalks)
squash, (I didn't put the onion, spring onion or garlic peels in there
coz I'd heard that onions can be toxic to some animals, but goats, I dunno.)

I just thought I wouldn't mind knowing whether they shouldn't have them
before asking if her goats want 'em.

John Savage

Dec 18, 2006, 5:08:45 PM12/18/06
Jonno <some...@intheclouds.com> writes:
>Well a varied diet is supposed to be good for you.
>I wonder what guinea pigs taste like?

Taste like chicken.

meeee

Dec 18, 2006, 6:05:24 PM12/18/06

"Tonto_Goldstein" <us...@example.net> wrote in message

Nooo, I'm not a goat man...do you have anytheeeng with camel?

meeee

Dec 18, 2006, 6:04:38 PM12/18/06

"Tonto_Goldstein" <us...@example.net> wrote in message

But Lions don't eat shoes. Or roses. The dog, maybe, and Grandma, but your
garden will be safe.

meeee

Dec 18, 2006, 6:06:42 PM12/18/06
Nope, they should gobble down the lot. AFAIK onions are out, but everything
else should be fine. They're smart enough not to eat the onions (usually)

"Linda H" <us...@abuser.net> wrote in message

Linda H

Dec 18, 2006, 7:14:12 PM12/18/06
meeee wrote:
> Nope, they should gobble down the lot. AFAIK onions are out, but everything
> else should be fine. They're smart enough not to eat the onions (usually)

Thank you!

meeee

Dec 18, 2006, 8:44:18 PM12/18/06

"Linda H" <us...@abuser.net> wrote in message

Lol no worries :) Not even mum's chooks eat the onion peels, weird.

Jonno

Dec 18, 2006, 9:26:05 PM12/18/06
to Linda H
Dunno but suggest the goats will know.

Jonno

Dec 18, 2006, 9:35:39 PM12/18/06
to Jonno, Linda H
Show em the menu of course....

Chookie

Dec 19, 2006, 4:52:47 AM12/19/06
In article <45867f3c$0$16555$afc3...@news.optusnet.com.au>,
Linda H <us...@abuser.net> wrote:

> I'd heard that some animals (such as pet guinea pigs) aren't supposed to
> have certain ones.

They don't eat raw potato peelings, and you shouldn't offer them anything
poisonous like rhubarb leaves, but apart from that the only thing I can think
of is a guinea pig we had who died horribly of bloat after eating grapes. He
was a greedy aggro boar and kept them for himself, I think.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

It is loading more messages.