What car badge has a single upside down "v"?

Greg

Jun 29, 2004, 10:51:26 PM6/29/04
I saw a nice looking sports car the other day - I didn't recognise it. The
emblem is a single upside down "v",
assuming that was in fact the make of the car, and not some other marking.
Anyone know what make this is?
It looked like it was probably from the 80s era.

Thanks,
Greg.

Adam Gibson

Jun 29, 2004, 10:59:40 PM6/29/04
Acura? (honda's upmarket brand in the US)
http://www.nsxflorida.com/SebringDec2000/DC10.JPG
"Greg" <REMOVE...@THISbigfoot.com> wrote in message

Forg

Jun 29, 2004, 11:07:14 PM6/29/04
Greg wrote:

Mazda? http://www.hibond.com/image/mazda-logo.gif
Eunos? http://www.ntf.ne.jp/~astina/pix/eunos.logo1s.gif
Infiniti?
http://proto.motorplace.com/imagelib/make_logos/infiniti/2002/300_black_on_gray_logo_v.gif
Citroen? http://www.elnaael.com/citroen/images/logo.gif
Lexus?
http://www.huntercommunications.com/images/client_logos/lexus_logo1.gif
Renault? http://www.securitetour.com/images/logo-renault.jpg

--
---
Forg! -DUH#6-

Brought to you by DUH!Inc.
DUH!Inc; Building A Better Wellness For All

Adam Gibson

Jun 29, 2004, 11:14:31 PM6/29/04

"Forg" <Fo...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

> Greg wrote:
> > I saw a nice looking sports car the other
> > day - I didn't recognise it. The emblem is
> > a single upside down "v", assuming that was
> > in fact the make of the car, and not some
> > other marking.
> > Anyone know what make this is?
> > It looked like it was probably from the 80s era.
>
> Mazda? http://www.hibond.com/image/mazda-logo.gif
> Eunos? http://www.ntf.ne.jp/~astina/pix/eunos.logo1s.gif
> Infiniti?

http://proto.motorplace.com/imagelib/make_logos/infiniti/2002/300_black_on_gray_logo_v.gif
> Citroen? http://www.elnaael.com/citroen/images/logo.gif
> Lexus?
> http://www.huntercommunications.com/images/client_logos/lexus_logo1.gif
> Renault? http://www.securitetour.com/images/logo-renault.jpg

IBiamright

Message has been deleted

Ron the Barbarian

Jun 30, 2004, 2:28:02 AM6/30/04
"Greg" <REMOVE...@THISbigfoot.com> wrote in

If it was two of them, one on top of the other, Citroen.

Greg

Jun 30, 2004, 4:28:50 AM6/30/04
Adam,
Yes, the Acura is the closest so far, although I haven't yet found any Acura
photos that resemble the car I saw.
I only saw it from behind, and I suppose it resembled an MG-F a bit:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/pics/mgf-4.jpg
(the lights did not taper at the top like the MG though), but the car I saw
was a bit wider than the MG. The tyres were also quite wide. Oh well.

Thanks everyone.

Greg.

"Adam Gibson" <dgi...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

**maxfli*

Jun 30, 2004, 4:59:35 AM6/30/04

"Forg" <Fo...@zip.com.au> wrote in message
> Greg wrote:
> > I saw a nice looking sports car the other
> > day - I didn't recognise it. The emblem is
> > a single upside down "v", assuming that was
> > in fact the make of the car, and not some
> > other marking.
> > Anyone know what make this is?
> > It looked like it was probably from the 80s era.
>
> Mazda? http://www.hibond.com/image/mazda-logo.gif
> Eunos? http://www.ntf.ne.jp/~astina/pix/eunos.logo1s.gif
> Infiniti?

http://proto.motorplace.com/imagelib/make_logos/infiniti/2002/300_black_on_gray_logo_v.gif
> Citroen? http://www.elnaael.com/citroen/images/logo.gif
> Lexus?
> http://www.huntercommunications.com/images/client_logos/lexus_logo1.gif
> Renault? http://www.securitetour.com/images/logo-renault.jpg

This reminds me of a conversation i had with a non-car friend who was
telling me about a car he was buying to "restore" , had been sitting in a
paddock for many years but was a "classic" with " sloping rear with Porsche
type lights and guards front end but with 4 doors" ..Had me intrigued as it
only cost him $200 from a "friend". Anyone guess what it was with that
description ???

Marco

Jun 30, 2004, 7:26:04 AM6/30/04

"Greg" <REMOVE...@THISbigfoot.com> wrote in message

Could it have been a second hand import from Japan? Heaps of Japanese
market cars have badges that represent the car rather than the maker, eg.
the C with * * * across the top is the Corolla badge.

--
Marco Spaccavento
rbge...@iprimus.com.au

Neil Gerace

Jun 30, 2004, 11:48:24 AM6/30/04

"**maxfli*" <max...@yourplace.com> wrote in message

> This reminds me of a conversation i had with a non-car friend who was
> telling me about a car he was buying to "restore" , had been sitting in a
> paddock for many years but was a "classic" with " sloping rear with
Porsche
> type lights and guards front end but with 4 doors" ..Had me intrigued as
it
> only cost him $200 from a "friend". Anyone guess what it was with that
> description ???

HQ Kingswood?

**maxfli*

Jul 1, 2004, 3:34:43 AM7/1/04

"Neil Gerace" <ger...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

Nope . try this for "porsche lights "

http://tinyurl.com/2faxk

:-))

Troy Otter

Jun 30, 2004, 8:23:54 PM6/30/04
**maxfli* wrote:

> This reminds me of a conversation i had with a non-car friend who was
> telling me about a car he was buying to "restore" , had been sitting in a
> paddock for many years but was a "classic" with " sloping rear with Porsche
> type lights and guards front end but with 4 doors" ..Had me intrigued as it
> only cost him $200 from a "friend". Anyone guess what it was with that
> description ???

Pre '67 Citroen DS?

Troy.

Amhir Sohail

Jul 2, 2004, 12:18:01 AM7/2/04
"**maxfli*" <max...@yourplace.com> wrote in message news:<n8PEc.72964

> Nope . try this for "porsche lights "
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2faxk
>
> :-))

Haha! Classic....

**maxfli*

Jul 2, 2004, 7:04:35 AM7/2/04

"Amhir Sohail" <amhir...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Whats really funny is that it does actually fit his description !!

lros...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2014, 9:25:17 PM11/22/14
try the TESLA....I had the same experience last week. the car was sharp too...

Jeßus

Nov 22, 2014, 10:30:14 PM11/22/14
There were no Tesla's in Aus ten years ago...

Bob Milutinovic

Nov 23, 2014, 1:18:27 AM11/23/14
<lros...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Try this;

http://cf.juggle-images.com/matte/white/280x280/acura-logo-primary.jpg

If it was spotted in Australia, it was either a grey-market import from
Japan or someone decided to import the badge from the USA.

Hint: it was Honda's answer to Mazda's Eunos and Toyota's Lexus.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom