Price of petrol

1 view

Albm&ctd

Feb 22, 2009, 7:08:07 AM2/22/09
source;
http://www.shell.com/home/au-
en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
221.html

Perth 113.3
Brisbane 120.8

What the fuck is going on?
Have not heard back from my email to ACCC as yet.

Al
--
I don't take sides.
It's more fun to insult everyone.

Sylvia Else

Feb 22, 2009, 7:38:01 AM2/22/09
Albm&ctd wrote:
> source;
> http://www.shell.com/home/au-
> en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
> 221.html
>
> Perth 113.3
> Brisbane 120.8
>
> What the fuck is going on?
> Have not heard back from my email to ACCC as yet.

Different points in the competitive price cycle.

Nothing surprising there, and nothing for the ACCC to be interested in.

Sylvia.

George W Frost

Feb 22, 2009, 8:17:44 AM2/22/09

"Albm&ctd" <alb_mand...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message

Simple answer
The oil companies are taking all of us for a ride while filling their nest.

Neil Gerace

Feb 22, 2009, 8:17:59 AM2/22/09
Sylvia Else wrote:

> Different points in the competitive price cycle.

If it really were competitive, there would be no cycle.

Lu R

Feb 22, 2009, 10:30:35 AM2/22/09

"Albm&ctd" <alb_mand...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message
> source;
> http://www.shell.com/home/au-
> en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
> 221.html
>
> Perth 113.3
> Brisbane 120.8
>
> What the fuck is going on?
> Have not heard back from my email to ACCC as yet.
>
> Al

$1-33 in sydney what are you whining about?

gazza

Feb 22, 2009, 1:19:51 PM2/22/09
what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???

atec 77

Feb 22, 2009, 2:21:50 PM2/22/09
gazza wrote:
> what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
> diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???

the same reason fuel in Unzud on a given day is up to 20 or 30 c a litre
cheaper

ti...@beerlover.com

Feb 22, 2009, 3:40:08 PM2/22/09

You are looking at around $1.70/litre in NZ at the moment.

Sylvia Else

Feb 22, 2009, 3:59:06 PM2/22/09

Why not?

Sylvia.

Trevor Wilson

Feb 22, 2009, 4:52:21 PM2/22/09

"Sylvia Else" <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote in message

**Because the 'petrol price cycle' is a purely artificial construct. If fuel
prices were truly competitive, the price of fuel would vary according to the
cost of raw materials (only). As it is, we (here in Sydney) know that the
best time to buy fuel is on Wednesday morning. We do so, because the big
players (Woolworth's & Coles) have decided that they will raise their prices
every Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning. All the small players must
follow. It's just stupid.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Marty

Feb 22, 2009, 5:22:23 PM2/22/09
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:52:21 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Because the 'petrol price cycle' is a purely artificial construct. If
> fuel prices were truly competitive, the price of fuel would vary
> according to the cost of raw materials (only). As it is, we (here in
> Sydney) know that the best time to buy fuel is on Wednesday morning. We
> do so, because the big players (Woolworth's & Coles) have decided that
> they will raise their prices every Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning.
> All the small players must follow. It's just stupid.

For once I agree with you about something. People religiously accept the
'petrol price cycle' as if it is some naturally occurring phenomena. They
should read up on game theory.

atec 77

Feb 22, 2009, 6:45:32 PM2/22/09
It was reported on the news a couple of days ago as being 106c while in
Qld it was 117c and it did check out as such

John_H

Feb 22, 2009, 7:02:10 PM2/22/09

Since the excise component of unzud diesel isn't charged at the bowser
the reason isn't likely to be anything like the same. ;-)

(Diesel users in NZ pay the excise separately according to vehicle
mileage. Australian users pay the 38.143¢ per litre excise component
at the bowser.)

--
John H

Sylvia Else

Feb 22, 2009, 7:28:34 PM2/22/09
Trevor Wilson wrote:
> "Sylvia Else" <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote in message
>> Neil Gerace wrote:

>>> If it really were competitive, there would be no cycle.
>> Why not?
>
> **Because the 'petrol price cycle' is a purely artificial construct. If fuel
> prices were truly competitive, the price of fuel would vary according to the
> cost of raw materials (only).

Fuel prices are set by each seller based on their perception of what
will yield the highest profit. Since they know that there is a price
cycle, they set their own prices accordingly. They are entitled to do
that, and it is not anticompetitive, even if comsumers don't like it.

> As it is, we (here in Sydney) know that the
> best time to buy fuel is on Wednesday morning. We do so, because the big
> players (Woolworth's & Coles) have decided that they will raise their prices
> every Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning.
> All the small players must follow. It's just stupid.

There is nothing to stop the small players from maintaining lower prices
if they so wish. The reality is that they don't wish to, because by
raising their own prices they increase their profit margin.

What the small players cannot do in practical terms is maintain higher
prices when the big players cut theirs. The reason; competition.

Sylvia.

phil-c

Feb 22, 2009, 7:52:08 PM2/22/09
gazza wrote:
> what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
> diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???

Your Lucky mate
Here in WA it is the other way round
Diesel ALWAYS dearer than petrol by about 20 cents a litre
and most vehicles in WA are oil burners

GrassyNoel

Feb 22, 2009, 8:27:32 PM2/22/09
On Feb 23, 9:28 am, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote:

> Fuel prices are set by each seller based on their perception of what
> will yield the highest profit. Since they know that there is a price
> cycle, they set their own prices accordingly.

Er, the reason they know 'there is a price cycle' is that there is so
little competition that whoever decided that there should be one, was
able to create one.

Trevor Wilson

Feb 22, 2009, 8:38:59 PM2/22/09

"GrassyNoel" <ger...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

**What he said.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Noddy

Feb 22, 2009, 8:42:08 PM2/22/09

"atec 77" <"atec 7 7 "@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> It was reported on the news a couple of days ago as being 106c while in
> Qld it was 117c and it did check out as such

Absolute bullshit.

Petrol hasn't been cheaper in NZ than it is in Australia at any time in the
last ten years. The average is around 50 cents per litre *more* expensive
than what it is here.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Sylvia Else

Feb 22, 2009, 9:06:23 PM2/22/09

In any competitive market there is a tension between profits arising
from higher prices, and profits arising from selling a greater quantity
of the product.

An individual player can try increasing the price, and thus their profit
margin, in the hope that their reduction in sales will not wipe out the
benefit.

Or they can try reducing the price, and thus increase the quantity of
product sole, in the hope that the extra revenue from the increased
sales will not be wiped out by the reduction in profit margin.

This happens against a background where other players are doing the same
things, and responding to the individual player's actions.

So there are price perturbations, and there is feedback. It is hardly
surprising that cyclic behaviour arises. Indeed, it would be surprising
if it didn't.

Sylvia.

GrassyNoel

Feb 22, 2009, 9:27:44 PM2/22/09
On Feb 23, 11:06 am, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote:

> So there are price perturbations, and there is feedback. It is hardly
> surprising that cyclic behaviour arises. Indeed, it would be surprising
> if it didn't.

The price perturbations are put into the system by the people who have
the power to generate the positive feedback needed to keep the
perturbations from being damped out. It must surely be a product of
the system that the oscillations all have the same period at all
retailers, and this period is always one week.

It is a wonder that such a weekly price cycle doesn't happen in other
areas of healthy competition, such as .. well, I can't think of any.
The Australian consumer is being screwed everywhere.

Trevor Wilson

Feb 22, 2009, 9:33:17 PM2/22/09

> GrassyNoel wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 9:28 am, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote:
>>
>>> Fuel prices are set by each seller based on their perception of what
>>> will yield the highest profit. Since they know that there is a price
>>> cycle, they set their own prices accordingly.
>>
>> Er, the reason they know 'there is a price cycle' is that there is so
>> little competition that whoever decided that there should be one, was
>> able to create one.
>>

> In any competitive market there is a tension between profits arising from
> higher prices, and profits arising from selling a greater quantity of the
> product.

**Correct.

> An individual player can try increasing the price, and thus their profit
> margin, in the hope that their reduction in sales will not wipe out the
> benefit.

**Correct.

> Or they can try reducing the price, and thus increase the quantity of
> product sole, in the hope that the extra revenue from the increased sales
> will not be wiped out by the reduction in profit margin.

**Correct.

> This happens against a background where other players are doing the same
> things, and responding to the individual player's actions.

**Correct.

> So there are price perturbations, and there is feedback. It is hardly
> surprising that cyclic behaviour arises. Indeed, it would be surprising if
> it didn't.

**Bollocks. The so-called 'price cycle' is purely artificial. It not a
response. Typically, all the petrol stations of a single brand (or owner)
will raise of lower their prices within minutes, across the city. It is a
deliberately engineered 'cycle'. It has been engineered by the major
distributors. If it was a real 'cyclical behaviour' as opposed to an
engineered one, then it would not be as perfectly predictable as it
presently is. Besides, many of us (myself included) have been buying fuel
for many years (almost 40 years, in my case) and no cyclic behaviour was
noted until around 10 years ago. Around the time that the fuel companies
began squeezing the small operators out of the business in earnest.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Sylvia Else

Feb 22, 2009, 9:41:55 PM2/22/09
GrassyNoel wrote:
> On Feb 23, 11:06 am, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote:
>
>> So there are price perturbations, and there is feedback. It is hardly
>> surprising that cyclic behaviour arises. Indeed, it would be surprising
>> if it didn't.
>
> The price perturbations are put into the system by the people who have
> the power to generate the positive feedback needed to keep the
> perturbations from being damped out. It must surely be a product of
> the system that the oscillations all have the same period at all
> retailers, and this period is always one week.

There can only be one price cycle in an area where service stations are
close together. Otherwise you'd have adjacent servos at different stages
in the cycle. The lower priced servo would take all the business. The
higher priced servo would have to drop prices, thus effectively moving
it into the cycle of the lower priced servo.

Why should it be assumed that the oscillations would be damped out. If
the feedback is sufficiently high, then the amplitude of the
oscillations will increase. The amplitude is probably being limited by
the cost of fuel to vendors at the low side, and price resistance from
consumers (who'll defer purchases) at the high side.

> It is a wonder that such a weekly price cycle doesn't happen in other
> areas of healthy competition, such as .. well, I can't think of any.

The fuel price cycle arises because fuel is a pure commodity, and a
consumer typically goes to the servo to buy only one thing - the fuel.
It's hard to generate marketing distorting features such as brand
loyalty, loss leaders, and spurious product differentiation.

> The Australian consumer is being screwed everywhere.

Some people will remain convinced of this no matter what happens.

Sylvia.

GrassyNoel

Feb 22, 2009, 9:55:41 PM2/22/09
On Feb 23, 11:41 am, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.at.this.address> wrote:

> There can only be one price cycle in an area where service stations are
> close together. Otherwise you'd have adjacent servos at different stages
> in the cycle. The lower priced servo would take all the business.

It won't. There are always cases of adjacent servos with different
prices, and both getting some business.

Bernd Felsche

Feb 22, 2009, 10:16:15 PM2/22/09

That's odd... the servo down the corner (United Leda) has diesel
slightly cheaper @ 116.2 than ULP @ 118.5

Diesel was 20 cents per litre more expensive for a short while. The
price difference is usually less than 10 cents; around the price of
PULP.
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | Religion is regarded by the common people
X against HTML mail | as true, by the wise as false, and by the
/ \ and postings | rulers as useful. -- Seneca the Younger

phil-c

Feb 22, 2009, 10:54:21 PM2/22/09
Bernd Felsche wrote:
> phil-c <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:
>> gazza wrote:
>
>>> what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
>>> diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???
>
>> Your Lucky mate
>> Here in WA it is the other way round
>> Diesel ALWAYS dearer than petrol by about 20 cents a litre
>> and most vehicles in WA are oil burners
>
> That's odd... the servo down the corner (United Leda) has diesel
> slightly cheaper @ 116.2 than ULP @ 118.5
>
> Diesel was 20 cents per litre more expensive for a short while. The
> price difference is usually less than 10 cents; around the price of
> PULP.

Gay Bernd I know you are city bound mate
But wish you and the state govt would get out of Perth a bit more :)

Shall I take a pic of our Bowsers here ?

WA is a BIG state you realise
Example in Gero diesel is same or 1 cent cheaper

In other parts 4 to ten cents dearer here 20 cents

Fact is prices are all over the shop like a mad dogs brekky

Shell goes one way BP and caltex go the other
Given that almost all our fuel comes out of Kwinanna
Go figure

Trevor Wilson

Feb 22, 2009, 9:48:24 PM2/22/09

"atec 77" <"atec 7 7 "@hotmail.com> wrote in message

**Bullshit:

http://www.pricewatch.co.nz/

You may care to note that Diesel is less expensive though.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

jonz

Feb 22, 2009, 11:26:43 PM2/22/09

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yes, but diesel vehicles incur a per km road user charge.....

--

jonz

If nobody knows the troubles you've seen, then you don't live in a small
town

F Murtz

Feb 22, 2009, 11:32:08 PM2/22/09
You don't drive as far . Costs less per annum

GrassyNoel

Feb 22, 2009, 11:54:24 PM2/22/09
On Feb 23, 1:26 pm, jonz <f...@diesel.com> wrote:

>       yes, but diesel vehicles incur a per km road user charge.....

Does a diesel Astra pay the same as a truck?

D Walford

Feb 23, 2009, 1:07:54 AM2/23/09
Sylvia Else wrote:

> Albm&ctd wrote:
>> source; http://www.shell.com/home/au-
>> en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
>>
>> 221.html
>> Perth 113.3 Brisbane 120.8
>> What the fuck is going on? Have not heard back from my email to ACCC
>> as yet.
>
> Different points in the competitive price cycle.

If that were true the bottom of the price cycle would be a lot lower
than it currently is, the figures Al quoted aren't the top of recent
price cycles in Melb, they are about the middle so as usual we are being
screwed by the oil co's.

> Nothing surprising there, and nothing for the ACCC to be interested in.

Plenty for them to be interested in but as usual they will sit on their
hands.

Daryl

jonz

Feb 23, 2009, 2:51:52 AM2/23/09

~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://tinyurl.com/ang9ao

Roger

Feb 23, 2009, 3:10:50 AM2/23/09

"Albm&ctd" <alb_mand...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message

> source;
> http://www.shell.com/home/au-
> en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
> 221.html
>
> Perth 113.3
> Brisbane 120.8
>
> What the fuck is going on?
> Have not heard back from my email to ACCC as yet.
>
> Al
> --
> I don't take sides.
> It's more fun to insult everyone.
> http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html

Kingaroy Qld $1.03 - unbelievable

Roger

Bernd Felsche

Feb 23, 2009, 4:05:43 AM2/23/09
phil-c <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:
>Bernd Felsche wrote:
>> phil-c <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> Your Lucky mate
>>> Here in WA it is the other way round
>>> Diesel ALWAYS dearer than petrol by about 20 cents a litre
>>> and most vehicles in WA are oil burners
>>
>> That's odd... the servo down the corner (United Leda) has diesel
>> slightly cheaper @ 116.2 than ULP @ 118.5
>>
>> Diesel was 20 cents per litre more expensive for a short while. The
>> price difference is usually less than 10 cents; around the price of
>> PULP.

>Gay Bernd I know you are city bound mate

I'm not gay.

>But wish you and the state govt would get out of Perth a bit more :)

I wish that I could!

>Shall I take a pic of our Bowsers here ?

No need.
<http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/prices/dsp_search.cfm?search=Quick>

>WA is a BIG state you realise
>Example in Gero diesel is same or 1 cent cheaper

>In other parts 4 to ten cents dearer here 20 cents

>Fact is prices are all over the shop like a mad dogs brekky

Even within the metro area.

>Shell goes one way BP and caltex go the other
>Given that almost all our fuel comes out of Kwinanna
>Go figure

So it should be cheapest around Kwinana, no?
Cheaper in Joondalup than Kwinana.

I always check the prices before "shopping".
As you say; it can make $10+ difference for a tankful on a "small"
car like my Golf TDI. $10 buy a fairly good bottle of red.

Scotty

Feb 23, 2009, 4:17:24 AM2/23/09

"John_H" <john...@inbox.com> wrote in message news:kjp3q45ui37ighno0...@4ax.com...

The beauty was in NZ if you had a boat/Excavator/4x4 that wasnt used on the road then you could
claim back the excise. (A road going vehicle you had to use a log book and claim all off road kms
and claim those back on road user charges)

This of course lead to the occasional que of stinkies at the wharf bowser ;o)

phil-c

Feb 23, 2009, 4:22:35 AM2/23/09
Bernd Felsche wrote:
> phil-c <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:
>> Bernd Felsche wrote:

>>> That's odd... the servo down the corner (United Leda) has diesel
>>> slightly cheaper @ 116.2 than ULP @ 118.5
>>>
>>> Diesel was 20 cents per litre more expensive for a short while. The
>>> price difference is usually less than 10 cents; around the price of
>>> PULP.
>
>> Gay Bernd I know you are city bound mate
>
> I'm not gay.

Sorry cobber that was typed as G;Day

>> But wish you and the state govt would get out of Perth a bit more :)
>
> I wish that I could!
>
>> Shall I take a pic of our Bowsers here ?
>
> No need.
> <http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/prices/dsp_search.cfm?search=Quick>
>
>> WA is a BIG state you realise
>> Example in Gero diesel is same or 1 cent cheaper
>
>> In other parts 4 to ten cents dearer here 20 cents
>
>> Fact is prices are all over the shop like a mad dogs brekky
>
> Even within the metro area.

Thus yoir response was - difficult to find polite words !

>> Shell goes one way BP and caltex go the other
>> Given that almost all our fuel comes out of Kwinanna
>> Go figure
>
> So it should be cheapest around Kwinana, no?
> Cheaper in Joondalup than Kwinana.
>
> I always check the prices before "shopping".
> As you say; it can make $10+ difference for a tankful on a "small"
> car like my Golf TDI. $10 buy a fairly good bottle of red.

Well done that man - a person with his priorities in order
http://www.sobelswines.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp
if you dont like them I shall buy off you for Cash when in Perth

You cop the freight :)

here is a hint ------------

Scotty

Feb 23, 2009, 4:38:48 AM2/23/09

"F Murtz" <hag...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49a2...@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

Also Rego there is fuck all compared to here. Around $290/Year for a private vehicle REGARDLESS of
what size the powerplant is.

atec 77

Feb 23, 2009, 6:08:42 AM2/23/09
back in the 70's it was much less in relation to earnings , less than
1/2 a weeks work

Noddy

Feb 23, 2009, 6:51:50 AM2/23/09

"Scotty" <sco...@warmmail.com> wrote in message

> Also Rego there is fuck all compared to here. Around $290/Year for a
> private vehicle REGARDLESS of
> what size the powerplant is.

Yeah, but it's not all peaches and cream.

The place is *flooded* with every kind of totally gay grey import, and you
have to get a warrant of fitness inspection done every six months.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

John_H

Feb 23, 2009, 5:03:51 PM2/23/09
Scotty wrote:

>The beauty was in NZ if you had a boat/Excavator/4x4 that wasnt used on the road then you could
>claim back the excise. (A road going vehicle you had to use a log book and claim all off road kms
>and claim those back on road user charges)

Works much the same here... approved off road users claim back the
excise, truck operators get back part of it. The catch being, only a
registered business can claim it (it's part of the BAS).

>This of course lead to the occasional que of stinkies at the wharf bowser ;o)

Same as they used to queue up at our local aerodrome for avgas before
the law was changed (around the time leaded was phased out).

There was also a time (pre Keating IIRC) when excise wasn't charged on
bulk diesel... it was up to the user to decide if they were liable to
pay it (naturally most weren't).

AFAIK NZ has a road tax (per km) on diesels, instead of excise (per
litre). Gotta wonder how accurate their odometers are. ;-)

--
John H

John_H

Feb 23, 2009, 5:03:54 PM2/23/09
Bernd Felsche wrote:

>I always check the prices before "shopping".
>As you say; it can make $10+ difference for a tankful on a "small"
>car like my Golf TDI. $10 buy a fairly good bottle of red.

Plonk must be a lot cheaper in WA as well!

For the rest of us the drinkable stuff starts around $15. ;-)

--
John H

Bernd Felsche

Feb 23, 2009, 9:28:54 PM2/23/09

You must be shopping in the wrong place...

Plenty of reds on the shelf with Wolf Blass' seal; for between $8
and $10; especially if you're buying half a dozen bottles at a time
and get 10% to 20% off the marked price. But that's not the only
guide.

I *once* spent over $30 on a bottle of red; highly acclaimed it
was ... and "toxic". I've bought some dreadful, cheap plonk; but
that's not as painful to pour onto the snails in the garden.

The price tag is a worse indicator of quality than the wine maker.
A bit of common sense doesn't go astray.

GrassyNoel

Feb 23, 2009, 11:39:39 PM2/23/09
On Feb 24, 11:28 am, Bernd Felsche <ber...@innovative.iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> Plenty of reds on the shelf with Wolf Blass' seal; for between $8
> and $10; especially if you're buying half a dozen bottles at a time
> and get 10% to 20% off the marked price. But that's not the only
> guide.

CUB owns that brand - maybe that's another guide :)

John_H

Feb 24, 2009, 2:14:42 AM2/24/09

Fosters owns Beringer Blass (at least they still did the last time I
checked). :)

Wolfie would be long since retired, having began his Australian
winemaking career around 1960... making a reputedly horrible
concoction called Pineapple Pearl for the Kaiser Stuhl label. His
later efforts may have been a slight improvement. ;-)

--
John H

Albm&ctd

Feb 24, 2009, 5:17:55 AM2/24/09
In article <rfWdnaA_dZbDoD_U...@posted.internode>,
dwal...@internode.on.net says...
Even worse and it appears not noticed, that the Qld price should be lower than
other states due to the more favourable (to the motorist) taxing arrangement.
ie: Perth should NOT be cheaper than Brisbane.

Albm&ctd

Feb 24, 2009, 5:22:48 AM2/24/09
In article <Yfcol.22768$cu....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
george...@gmail.com says...

> "Albm&ctd" <alb_mand...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message
> > source;
> > http://www.shell.com/home/au-
> > en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
> > 221.html
> >
> > Perth 113.3
> > Brisbane 120.8
> >
> > What the fuck is going on?
> > Have not heard back from my email to ACCC as yet.
> >
> Simple answer
> The oil companies are taking all of us for a ride while filling their nest.

Maybe even ACCC is on the take :-)

Albm&ctd

Feb 24, 2009, 5:27:27 AM2/24/09
In article <bHgol.22777$cu.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
gcu...@bigpond.net.au says...

> what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
> diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???

Be fuck*d if I know. Might be time to buy a diesel black smoke belching shitpile
and kill off koalas with particle emissions.

atec 77

Feb 24, 2009, 5:30:14 AM2/24/09
Albm&ctd wrote:
> In article <bHgol.22777$cu.1...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> gcu...@bigpond.net.au says...
>> what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
>> diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???
>>
> Be fuck*d if I know. Might be time to buy a diesel black smoke belching shitpile
> and kill off koalas with particle emissions.
>
> Al
nless it's a bio bunny

Albm&ctd

Feb 24, 2009, 5:37:46 AM2/24/09
In article <01b24f7b$0$20652$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>, Rog...@justrucks.com.au
says...
I figure that is what Brisbane price should be... due to dollar roughly falling
by 1/3 from it's peak and crude falling to about 1/3 of it's peak.

Kwyjibo

Feb 24, 2009, 6:19:47 AM2/24/09
phil-c wrote:
> Bernd Felsche wrote:
>> phil-c <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> Gay Bernd I know you are city bound mate
>>
>> I'm not gay.
>>
> Sorry cobber that was typed as G;Day

ROFL!!!

--
Kwyj.

PeterLucas

Feb 24, 2009, 10:36:49 PM2/24/09
"Kwyjibo" <kwy...@ozdebate.remove.com> wrote in

A Freudian slip methinks, by the resident stalker troll, pits.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

GrassyNoel

Feb 24, 2009, 11:51:01 PM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 4:14 pm, John_H <john4...@inbox.com> wrote:
> GrassyNoel wrote:

> >CUB owns that brand - maybe that's another guide :)
>
> Fosters owns Beringer Blass (at least they still did the last time I
> checked).  :)

Fosters and CUB aren't the same any more?

John_H

Feb 25, 2009, 2:34:30 AM2/25/09

Fosters might own CUB as well as Beringer Blass (for all I care about
breweries) but that doesn't make them the same. :)

--
John H

Kev

Mar 1, 2009, 7:22:39 AM3/1/09
George W Frost wrote:
> "Albm&ctd" <alb_mand...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message
>> source;
>> http://www.shell.com/home/au-
>> en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/petrol_pricing/price_search/app_price_search_0
>> 221.html
>>
>> Perth 113.3
>> Brisbane 120.8
>>
>> What the fuck is going on?
>> Have not heard back from my email to ACCC as yet.
>>
>> Al
>> --
>> I don't take sides.
>> It's more fun to insult everyone.
>> http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html
>

> Simple answer
> The oil companies are taking all of us for a ride while filling their nest.

HUH??
Shell has lost money for the last 2 quarters
great news if you are about to start new EBA negotiations........NOT

Kev

Kev

Mar 1, 2009, 7:27:16 AM3/1/09
gazza wrote:
> what about the difference between diesel and petrol here on gold coast
> diesel is up to 10 cpl cheaper than petrol why???

Because it bloody well should be

Kev

Kev

Mar 1, 2009, 7:42:43 AM3/1/09

What site in Kingaroy?
We take a rigid truck all the way from Pinkenba out to Kingaroy because
we are no longer allowed to reverse trailers off/onto or across roadways
to access fill points(used to do a Kingaroy/Nanango/Beerwah run daily in
a semi or truck/dog combo) and as the Kingaroy site has very small
storage our truck runs out there every 1&1/2 shifts
can't be very profitable since they have to stay competitive with the
other servos

here's a tip
the local Mobil distributor in Kingaroy now buys diesel from the Shell,
since they started getting their fuel from the Neumanns terminal in
Brisbane(same fuel as Freedom servos and most cheap (nasty)
"independents") because they don't trust the diesel enough to run their
own trucks on the stuff

but they'll happily sell the stuff to you with a smile

Kev

George W Frost

Mar 1, 2009, 3:27:19 PM3/1/09

"Kev" <kev...@optunet.com.au> wrote in message

Kev, aren't those figures according to Shell only?

It is really to show a loss when you don't want to explain exactly why a
price increase is happening

Its really easy to manipulate the books to show a loss where no-one will
look for a long time, by the time they get around to it, the original reason
for price increase is forgotten or bypassed.