Fitting Factory Holden Cruise Control

Glenn Curley

Apr 18, 2002, 8:54:18 AM4/18/02
Hope someone can help me

I have a 95 VR V6 Commodore Ute (Automatic)

I have just bought a Holden cruise control unit and indicator arm from a
wrecker and can not get it to work
The existing wiring harness has all the plugs/connections needed (I think)
I have plugged in the unit (under the bonnet) and the cruise control
indicator arm, but it wont turn on...I have checked all my fuses and they
are okay.
I also have a VR Berlina and when I turn on the cruise contol here I can
here a "click" comming from the area where the computer is.
Does this mean I need to get a new computer aswell ????, there are
additional plugs near the computer but nothing to plug them into

Thanks in advance

Shane Hurenkamp

Apr 18, 2002, 9:31:03 AM4/18/02
I fitted Factory cruise control to my 93 5 litre VR executive when I had it.
The kit came with the following

Replacement BCM (Body control module) Fits under dash
2 new key heads (remotes) to match new BCM
Brake switch
Indicator stick
cruise control unit
wiring loom (Mine was exec, no plugs in existing loom)

It seems that you need the switch for the brake pedal and another BCM from a
berlina that had cruise control

Shane

"Glenn Curley" <curl...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

Clockmeister

Apr 18, 2002, 11:50:33 AM4/18/02

"Glenn Curley" <curl...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

Give me a day or two and I'll send you scans of the fitting instructions for
the cruise control on VR V6. I've fitted a shitload, but honestly can't
quite remember what exactly is required since I've done a shitload of VS,VT
and VX/VXII since then which all differ somewhat.

From memory though, some VR needed a BCM swap (including remotes) for the
cruise to work. Add to that a fuse, relay, globes and extra brake switch.
I'll get back to you with the details...

Regards,

Clockmeister.

Peter James

Apr 18, 2002, 9:57:08 PM4/18/02
If its not too much trouble could you do the same for a VS manual ?
Probably not something i'll do for a while, but it'd be nice as reference
for later.

thanks
PEter

"Clockmeister" <gerr...@tnet.com.au> wrote in message

Shane Hurenkamp

Apr 19, 2002, 6:37:03 AM4/19/02
I don't think there was a cruise kit for VS manuals, A friend mine bought a
new VS 5 speed S pack in 98 and dealer told him there was no cruise
available for manual cars. I could be wrong though, was a long time ago.

Shane

"Peter James" <nny-n...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

LS1Dan--

Apr 19, 2002, 8:22:06 AM4/19/02

Shane Hurenkamp wrote:

> I don't think there was a cruise kit for VS manuals, A friend mine bought a
> new VS 5 speed S pack in 98 and dealer told him there was no cruise
> available for manual cars. I could be wrong though, was a long time ago.

I think they started to offer C/C on manuals in the VT series. My VX SS
manual has C/c.

--
Regards
Dan

Peter James

Apr 19, 2002, 10:53:49 AM4/19/02
Bastards!. Have to find a suitable weight brick now
Ahh well thanks anyway guys

peter

"LS1Dan--" <N...@noway.com> wrote in message

Clockmeister

Apr 19, 2002, 7:02:09 PM4/19/02

> Bastards!. Have to find a suitable weight brick now
> Ahh well thanks anyway guys

I wouldn't be all that sure that they are right, I'm pretty sure I've fitted
VS manual factory cruise before... I'll check for you.

BTW, the instructions (for the other reader) are coming, I damn forgot
yesterday.

Regards,

Clockmeister.

Scet

Apr 19, 2002, 10:39:10 PM4/19/02

Hey there Clockmeister,
Can I trouble you to send me the details for a VS Series II wagon? It's
a V6 Auto. Exec. It was built 11/96 if it matters. I have priced a unit and
am looking to do it by the end of the year.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Scet

Clockmeister

Apr 20, 2002, 9:44:20 AM4/20/02

"Scet" <ldg...@ihug.com.au> wrote in message

I'll see what I can come up with. Fitting instructions are supplied with the
kit BTW ;-)

Regards,

Clockmeister.

Scet

Apr 20, 2002, 8:36:17 PM4/20/02

Clockmeister wrote in message ...

>I'll see what I can come up with. Fitting instructions are supplied with
the
>kit BTW ;-)
>
>Regards,
>
>Clockmeister.

Thanks Clockmeister,
Are the instructions that come with the kit comprehensive enough or
do they assume the kit will be fitted by a technician with access to factory
manuals etc?

Scet

Clockmeister

Apr 20, 2002, 10:18:10 PM4/20/02

"Scet" <ldg...@ihug.com.au> wrote in message

The instructions are complete and all you need to fit the kit, it includes
diagrams and are the same ones I have access to and used to fit the kit.
However, unless you have a mechanical/technical ability beyond that of the
average backyard mechanic you will find the going a bit tough.

When I get the instructions (Monday) I'll run through what is required and
you can judge for yourself whether you think you will be able to do it.

Regards,

Clockmeister.

Scet

Apr 22, 2002, 4:07:56 AM4/22/02

>The instructions are complete and all you need to fit the kit, it includes
>diagrams and are the same ones I have access to and used to fit the kit.
>However, unless you have a mechanical/technical ability beyond that of the
>average backyard mechanic you will find the going a bit tough.
>
>When I get the instructions (Monday) I'll run through what is required and
>you can judge for yourself whether you think you will be able to do it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Clockmeister.

If all the info is there mate, then I'm confident that it won't be a
problem. Thanks for your help though mate, it 's much appreciated. If I run
into problems I'll give you a yell :-)
Scet

Clockmeister

Apr 23, 2002, 11:15:03 AM4/23/02

"Glenn Curley" <curl...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

Yep, you need a new BCM, paddlepops coded to them and the security code
updated. All this can only be done with Tech 1, so a visit to your Holden
dealer is probably in order.