titan 0.5 throws IllegalAccessError because of guava 18.0

Vikraman Choudhury

Sep 3, 2014, 3:26:43 PM9/3/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

While trying to update my scala project to titan 0.5, I got a java
exception at startup, with the following stacktrace.

[error] (run-main-0) java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.<init>()V from class com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.idassigner.StandardIDPool
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.<init>()V from class com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.idassigner.StandardIDPool
at com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.idassigner.StandardIDPool.waitForIDRenewer(StandardIDPool.java:118)
at com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.idassigner.StandardIDPool.close(StandardIDPool.java:214)
at com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.close(VertexIDAssigner.java:143)
at com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.database.StandardTitanGraph.shutdown(StandardTitanGraph.java:155)

After checking the sbt dependency graph, I noticed that titan's guava
15.0 dependency was being evicted by guava 18.0 which was being pulled
in by a different package.

I managed to get it working by forcing guava to 15.0 in build.sbt.

"com.google.guava" % "guava" % "15.0" force()

Just FYI.

--
Vikraman

Tomer Sagi

Dec 29, 2014, 7:39:14 AM12/29/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
This is becoming a pain.
Any chance of titan upgrading to guava 18.0?

Matthias Broecheler

Jan 7, 2015, 1:13:12 PM1/7/15
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
yes, we will do this for 0.9.

Matthias Broecheler
http://www.matthiasb.com

Keith Player

May 4, 2015, 8:41:29 AM5/4/15
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
You can just go into line 117 of StandardIDPool and change it to:

Stopwatch sw = Stopwatch.createStarted();

Alireza Rezaei Mahdiraji

May 28, 2015, 9:07:49 AM5/28/15
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com

How do we do that in Maven based project?

Cheers,
Alireza

Keith Player

Aug 6, 2015, 9:49:28 AM8/6/15
to Aurelius
I don't know if you can use this, but I've forked a version of Titan with this at:

I'll see if this can be pushed back into the Titan project.