1.0.0 shutdown

Grant McKenzie

Jan 20, 2016, 7:07:03 PM1/20/16
to Aurelius
Hi,

I'm guessing that this is a FAQ but I cannot find the answer.

Using Titan 1.0.0 with Hadoop 1 – recommended (signature) on redhat linux 5.5, jdk 1.8.0_45 64 bit, using the cassandra and elastic search distributions that come in the titan download.

In order to cleanup data in development, I call the following in my factory class ( trivial modelled on GraphOfTheGodsFactory,java ):

        TitanCleanup.clear( graph );

This throws:

==>standardtitangraph[cassandrathrift:[127.0.0.1]]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Graph needs to be shut down before it can be cleared.
        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:122)
        at com.thinkaurelius.titan.core.util.TitanCleanup.clear(TitanCleanup.java:33)
        at GrantGraphFactory.load(GrantGraphFactory.java:55)
        at GrantGraphFactory.load(GrantGraphFactory.java:50)
        at GrantGraphFactory$load.call(Unknown Source)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:110)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:122)
        at groovysh_evaluate.run(groovysh_evaluate:3)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.IndyInterface.selectMethod(IndyInterface.java:215)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.shell.Interpreter.evaluate(Interpreter.groovy:69)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.shell.Groovysh.execute(Groovysh.groovy:185)
        at org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.console.Console.initializeShellWithScript(Console.groovy:290)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.IndyInterface.selectMethod(IndyInterface.java:215)
        at org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.console.Console.<init>(Console.groovy:141)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.IndyInterface.selectMethod(IndyInterface.java:215)
        at org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.console.Console.main(Console.groovy:303)

It looks like the shutdown method from previous releases of titan on TitanGraph has been removed recently.

What is the current way to shutdown the graph prior to clearing it?

Thanks.

Jason Plurad

Jan 20, 2016, 7:36:37 PM1/20/16
to Aurelius
Hi Grant,

graph.shutdown() in Titan 0.5.4 is now graph.close() in Titan 1.0

-- Jason

Grant McKenzie

Jan 20, 2016, 9:44:50 PM1/20/16
to Aurelius