Installation Requirements for Titan/Cassandra

s.l...@gmx.de

Nov 30, 2013, 8:13:45 AM11/30/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to install a titan package (0.4.1) on my debian box.
What are the basic requirements for the package to work?
Which Java implementation, which java apis, etc. do  have to provide?
I'm pretty inexperienced regards java, I have to say. :)
Any hints or install howtos?

thanks in advance!
Stephan

$ bin/gremlin.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/thinkaurelius/titan/tinkerpop/gremlin/Console : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: com.thinkaurelius.titan.tinkerpop.gremlin.Console. Program will exit.
$

Daniel Kuppitz

Nov 30, 2013, 9:14:40 AM11/30/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, believe that means you only have Java 6 installed, but you'll need Java 7.

$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk

or

$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

If you already have Java7 installed, then try:

$ sudo update-alternatives --config java

and choose Java7 from the list.

Cheers,
Daniel

Marko A. Rodriguez

Nov 30, 2013, 11:37:53 AM11/30/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sounds like you are running Java 6 or 5. Please use Java 7.

HTH,

Stephan Lahl

Nov 30, 2013, 2:09:32 PM11/30/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! This almost solved it. Last step:
I thrashed the openjdk 6 because I didn't have the patience to screw with load paths after installing 7.
Just in case some other debian user comes along and has the same wtf moment that I just had. :*)

It seems to work now. Guess I'll collect some graphs this weekend.
(The thought of doing this in SQL gave me some serious pain where I don't want it. ;) )

have a nice weekend
Stephan

mohit kaushik

Feb 21, 2014, 12:17:29 AM2/21/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
hI! i am having the same errors and i am using java 7
Could you tell me the exception in more detail and the remedy........Marko

Thanks
Mohit Kaushik

Ramnath Reddy

Mar 1, 2015, 6:42:22 PM3/1/15
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com

when i try to install java7 with above
$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk i am getting error

sagar@sagar-HP-540:~$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
sudo: unable to resolve host sagar-HP-540
[sudo] password for sagar:
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?