Titan 0.5.3: Unable to use cassandra as backend and lucene as index backend

Tawus

Jun 22, 2016, 8:27:20 AM6/22/16
to Aurelius
Hi

I am using Titan 0.5.3. I am able to use lucene with inmemory backend but when i try to use cassandra I get an error

com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndex classnotfoundexception.

when I include titan-es dependency, it tries to use elasticsearch even though my configuration specified lucene.

Thanks
Taha

Stephen Mallette

Jun 27, 2016, 8:14:57 AM6/27/16
to Aurelius
You should probably double check your configuration - that kind of problem usually points to an issue where you aren't using the configuration file you think you are using.

Andrew Nguyen

Jun 29, 2016, 12:09:29 PM6/29/16
to Aurelius
Stephen/Taha,

I am encountering a similar issue with 1.0.  My configuration is being generated by TitanFactory.build() and I'm setting:

"storage.backend" to "berkeleyje"
"storage.directory" to a local, relative path
"index.search.backend" to "lucene"

I am getting the same ClassNotFoundException.  Happy to chase it down further!

Thanks,
Andrew

Jason Plurad

Jun 30, 2016, 4:54:20 PM6/30/16
to Aurelius
Try writing to a new/empty storage.directory and make sure to also specify the index.search.directory

Or if you're using Cassandra, drop the keyspace (the default is named titan if you didn't specify storage.cassandra.keyspace in your properties).

Most likely, you're trying to connect to an existing graph location, and it is picking up the old configuration that's stored within the graph itself.

-- Jason