Enforcing uniqueness constraint on vertex-centric indices

Jean-Baptiste Musso

Nov 19, 2014, 8:46:11 AM11/19/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I’ve been looking through the documentation for ways to enforce a uniqueness constraint on a vertex-centric index.

Use case : edges store various sensor data between two vertices, each edge stores values at a specific timestamp that must be unique. On some not-so-rare occasions, duplicate sensor data (same values, same timestamp) can be sent more than once for insertion to the graph and we need to make sure that a duplicate edge is not created (by only checking the timestamp).

We could do it easily at the application level but we’re wondering if there’s a way to enforce such uniqueness constraint at the database level.

I was thinking that we could chain .unique() to the vertex-centric index definition just as we do when defining regular, graph-wide indexes. To the best of my knowledge, I don’t think such feature exists. If not, is this something doable and that may be added in a future version of Titan?

Thanks. Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Matthias Broecheler

Nov 19, 2014, 1:57:24 PM11/19/14
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
No, vertex-centric uniqueness is not supported right now.

Matthias Broecheler
http://www.matthiasb.com