Error: Stale transaction alert

Erik Mocný

Jul 17, 2016, 5:08:14 AM7/17/16
to Aurelius
Hi there,

last couple of days I'm struggling with following error message after creation of our schema =>

[error] c.t.t.g.d.m.ManagementLogger - Evicted [1@c0a8017b9490] from cache but waiting too long for transactions to close. Stale transaction alert on: [standardtitantx[0x28f8ce2e]]

Where it says that it evicted my only one running titan instance with ID c0a8017b9490 and that I have stale tx 28f8ce2e.

For now I've only discovered that this transaction is thread-bound and is created from TitanBlueprintsGraph
I suspect that this tx could remain in part of memory that thread no longer access or maybe not exist and therefore cannot be closed from actual thread and remains ,,stale" as said.

This could potencially lead to memory leak I pressume...

Is there someone who could help me please?
I can provide further info if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Plurad

Jul 18, 2016, 12:04:17 PM7/18/16
to Aurelius
Hi Erik,

You have have multiple threads doing concurrent schema modification? If you could share some more code, that might be helpful. Best practice with Titan is to define the schema ahead of time and lock it down.

-- Jason

Erik Mocný

Jul 21, 2016, 1:54:05 PM7/21/16
to Aurelius
Hi Jason,

you were right. I debugged and refactored multiple classes. Now everythings work perfectly :)

Dňa pondelok, 18. júla 2016 18:04:17 UTC+2 Jason Plurad napísal(-a):