Titan DB and HBase connection issues

Janarthanam Ramalingam

Aug 12, 2013, 5:34:51 PM8/12/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com, anupam...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am having trouble connecting Titan DB to the remote HBase machine. I am able to connect to HBase independently through HBase shell, through site.xml, but not through titan. Am I missing something?

The configration file is like this:

storage.backend=hbase
storage.hostname=<zk1>,<zk2>,...
storage.port=<zk_port>

The exception thrown is:

INFO client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt 3
of 10 failed; retrying after sleep of 2018
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:657)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:109)
    at
com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseStoreManager.getAdminInterface(HBaseStoreManager.java:330)
    at
com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseStoreManager.ensureColumnFamilyExists(HBaseStoreManager.java:201)
    at
com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseStoreManager.openDatabase(HBaseStoreManager.java:173)
    at com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.Backend.getStore(Backend.java:174)
    at com.thinkaurelius.titan.diskstorage.Backend.initialize(Backend.java:185)
    at
com.thinkaurelius.titan.graphdb.configuration.GraphDatabaseConfiguration.getBackend(GraphDatabaseConfiguration.java:407)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Janar

Dan LaRocque

Aug 13, 2013, 2:32:02 PM8/13/13
On 08/12/2013 05:34 PM, Janarthanam Ramalingam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble connecting Titan DB to the remote HBase machine. I
> am able to connect to HBase independently through HBase shell, through
> site.xml, but not through titan. Am I missing something?
>

> The configration file is like this:
>
> storage.backend=hbase
> storage.hostname=<zk1>,<zk2>,...
> storage.port=<zk_port>
>
> The exception thrown is:
>
> INFO client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt 3
> of 10 failed; retrying after sleep of 2018
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:657)
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Janar

Hi Janar,

I'm not sure. What does the get-active-master.rb script shipped with
the HBase distribution archives say? And is it serving status pages at
http://<active-master>:60010/master-status?

thanks,
Dan

--
Dan LaRocque
http://www.thinkaurelius.com

Janarthanam Ramalingam

Aug 13, 2013, 8:15:30 PM8/13/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I am able to connect using the hbase shell.

In my case I see master status, on a different port though: 50510.

I tried zookeeper port from the master status page:

$echo "ruok" | nc <zk_host> 50512

that returns "imok", which means zk is running as well.