Non-Titan data in Cassandra backed Titan architecture

Guy Ellis

Aug 17, 2016, 3:11:46 PM8/17/16
to Aurelius
Are there any issues or special considerations to be taken into account when storing non-Titan data in a Cassandra cluster that is being used at the store for Titan?

e.g. If a Cassandra cluster already exists in an enterprise for storing arbitrary data and Titan is introduced and configured to use that cluster what do I need to know?

Stephen Mallette

Aug 18, 2016, 2:03:39 PM8/18/16
to Aurelius
Titan will run in its own keyspace so it should be able to coexist with other keyspaces. I guess the question is whether or not titan will compete with your other applications that are storing the non-Titan data. That's the main thing that jumps out in my mind.