Cassandra Input Predicate

ja...@grakn.ai

Mar 20, 2017, 1:30:43 PM3/20/17
to Aurelius
In our config file, we have the following:

cassandra.input.predicate=0c00020b0001000000000b000200000000020003000800047fffffff0000

Can someone explain what this means?

Cheers.json

Samik R

Mar 23, 2017, 1:05:46 AM3/23/17
to Aurelius
Hi,
Check out this link: http://stackoverflow.com/a/38618091/194742
Best,
-Samik

Jason Liu

Mar 28, 2017, 1:25:38 PM3/28/17
to Aurelius
Hi Samik,

Thanks for your reply. My colleague Sheldon asked that question on Stack Overflow. That's how we got that long string in the first place. Do you know what it means?

Best
Jason

Samik Raychaudhuri

Mar 29, 2017, 12:34:56 AM3/29/17
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Here is what Jason had to say about this in the same SO link:
<<

Regarding the cassandra.input.* properties, there's likely a bug in Titan that needs to be addressed since it doesn't seem like the right configuration properties are getting propagated along. You can refer to the 2 source code files (ConfigHelper.java and CassandraBinaryInputFormat.java) to see what they are doing. In particular, the predicate is a serialized version of a full range Thrift slice query predicate.

Hope this helps. I have not investigated it any further.
Thanks.
-Samik