On proper issue submissions.

Marko Rodriguez

Nov 24, 2013, 12:22:09 PM11/24/13
to aureliu...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Here are a few notes on how to submit an issue to our issue tracker:

1. Please do not send a bunch of Java files that require us to build a project.
- Use Gremlin/Groovy code that can be submitted via the Gremlin REPL.
2. Please do not send us a big GraphML blob of data that we have to load and figure out the schema and understand the topology.
- Use Graph of the Gods or generate random data via (1..100).each { g.addVertex() }.
3. Please isolate your problem and don't convolute your description with superfluous code.
- Be very clear about the problem and what you consider the solution (i.e. the desired appropriate behavior).

In short, you can do us (and ultimately yourself) a great favor by doing your best to reduce the amount of cognitive effort we have to exert in order to solve an issue.

Thank you very much,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com