Aura Framework AB results.

janek kos

Mar 3, 2014, 4:16:23 AM3/3/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed that Aura Framework Apache Benchmark tests are ... well, I expected a higher results. With -c10 and -n10 it showed me 28 requests per second.

This is hello world page, no database connection or other common features (Framework_Demo). When I add them I assume that AB tests will go down.

Is there any guide how to make it faster? I know it's a hello world benchmark, but I expected Aura to have noticable more req/s than "big buddy" Symfony2.

Maybe there is something with my enviroment? It's Windows 8 with XAMPP.

I have to check at micro framework version of Aura, wonder if it will be noticable faster.

Brandon Savage

Mar 3, 2014, 9:49:21 AM3/3/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Janek,

Performance benchmarks are only one piece of a small puzzle. There are a number of ways your marks can be off: lack of an opcode cache, fact that you're running on local hardware, etc. For example, I just executed AB against my own install and I got 309 requests per second.

Instead of focusing on RPS you can focus on bottlenecks in your code, and identify what specific components of Aura take the longest. I recommend XDebug and cachegrind. Once you know this information you can determine how best to optimize (if optimization is even necessary).

Brandon

janek kos

Mar 3, 2014, 11:34:57 AM3/3/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
I understand that AB is just a piece - however I expected more req/s from vanilla install of such modular framework. Maybe it's really in my local configuration, I'll dig into this later. Your 309 req/s looks amazing, if I had 80 or 100 I would call it quite fast. But 28 is a bit disappointing for me.

Paul M. Jones

Mar 3, 2014, 11:40:08 AM3/3/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 3, 2014, at 10:34 AM, janek kos <the...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that AB is just a piece - however I expected more req/s from vanilla install of such modular framework. Maybe it's really in my local configuration, I'll dig into this later. Your 309 req/s looks amazing, if I had 80 or 100 I would call it quite fast. But 28 is a bit disappointing for me.

It's pretty easy to set up benchmarking incorrectly. Indeed, it may be that AB is being weird; you might want to try Siege or http_perf as an alternative.

Just for reference: if I recall correctly, my own limited benching showed it operating at about 8% or so of a PHP `echo "hello world"` (whereas Symfony, for example, runs somewhat lower than that).

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@gmail.com

Modernizing Legacy Applications in PHP
http://mlaphp.com

Hari K T

Mar 3, 2014, 12:05:26 PM3/3/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
I am not an expert in the benchmarking, so I leave things to the masters.

Thanks

Hari K T

You can ring me : +91 9388 75 8821

Skype  : kthari85
Twitter : harikt

janek kos

Mar 4, 2014, 11:54:16 AM3/4/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded siege for windows and I'll try to make some additional tests in this week.