whats changed with latest framework update?

Jeff Surgeson

Dec 22, 2011, 8:28:42 AM12/22/11
to The Aura Project for PHP
Hey Guys,

Have any of you played with the framework since the last update?

Hari, don't know if you remember, going back a few months we spoke about trying
to getting the framework to work with multiple virtual hosts?

I sort of got it going, at least I could load a domain, making use of the Aura.Framework,
load assets, layouts etc, in fact got as far as loading a complete html5 css framework, js
the whole works.

Downloaded PJ's latest updates, which appears to have some subtle changes, and for the
love of money can not get it to load my vendor. packages, it just bombs with a:

404 not found,
No controller found for '/gallery'

Please check that your config has:

  1. An aura\router\Map route for the path '/gallery'
  2. A ['values']['controller'] value for the mapped route
  3. A $di->params['Aura\Web\ControllerFactory']['map'] entry for the controller value.

I have set up the default config same as before, same directory structure etc but no ways,
the default /hello/world runs, but not other vendor packages.

What needs to be done differently, any ideas?

Regards
Jeff SA

Hari K T

Dec 22, 2011, 9:59:40 AM12/22/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Nice to see you are playing with Aura .

Yes I remember your thoughts and works on multiple domain .

About the changes , not sure where you was in the last update made .

Changes made so far , as I remember

1 ) changed name from aura.package to Aura.Package

2 ) We moved completely to PSR-0 Standard .

ie our Aura.Package now is

Aura.Router/
|-- config
|   |-- default.php
|   `-- test.php
|-- README.md
|-- scripts
|   `-- instance.php
|-- src
|   `-- Aura
|       `-- Router
|           |-- Exception.php
|           |-- Map.php
|           |-- RouteFactory.php
|           `-- Route.php
|-- src.php
`-- tests
    |-- Aura
    |   `-- Router
    |       |-- MapTest.php
    |       `-- RouteTest.php
    |-- bootstrap.php
    `-- phpunit.xml

ie all the files reside in src/Aura/Package/Class.php

We removed phpunit from the core for it can be easily installed via pyrus . We are in the move to make some changes to Pyrus to create  a pear package .

Currently Pyrus is not working with the dot . I am still not sure whether we can make with Pyrus , or we want to change the dots or create another package manager to create the pear package . @pmjones don't like to change the dot , he has forked pyrus recently and I hope he will change or make another package manager . Paul is the right person to talk about this .

These are the current changes so far .

Also removed the dependency on some components .

Let me know if this helps you . Else have a look into the

git diff file which may help what you are .

I will try to help you , if I can .

Thanks

Jeff Surgeson

Dec 22, 2011, 12:05:16 PM12/22/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hari

Thanks for that, are you saying that the directory structure for a web context is now:

Vendor.Package/

|-- config
|    |-- default.php
|   `-- test.php
|-- scripts
|   `-- instance.php
|-- src
|   `-- Vendor
|       `-- Package
|           |-- Page.php
|           `--view
|           `-- layout

and not

|-- src
|    `-- Web
|        `--Controller
|        |--Page.php
|        '-- view
|        ' layout

Or am i miss understanding what you are saying?

I saw that in Aura.Framework the structure had changed from:

package/Aura.Framework/src/Web
package/Aura.Framework/src/Aura/Framework/Web

I tried that and it made no difference.

Hari K T

Dec 22, 2011, 12:53:14 PM12/22/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Yes an additional

Vendor/Package directory inside the src folder .

Then the Web folder which contains the controller folder .

The Cli folder for commands

So the structure is modified below which is the tree view of Aura.Framework itself .

As you see the Hello controller etc .

If you are still facing some sort of trouble let me know .

Thank you .
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Jeff Surgeson <je...@3hex.co.za> wrote:
Hi Hari

Thanks for that, are you saying that the directory structure for a web context is now:

Vendor.Package/

|-- config
|    |-- default.php
|   `-- test.php
|-- scripts
|   `-- instance.php
|-- src
|   `-- Vendor
|       `-- Package
   |           |-- Cli
   |           |   |-- HelloWorld
   |           |   |   `-- Command.php
   |           |   |-- MakeTest
   |           |   |   `-- Command.php
   |           `-- Web
   |               |-- Asset
   |               |   `-- Page.php
   |               |-- ControllerFactory.php
   |               |-- Hello
   |               |   |-- Page.php
   |               |   `-- view
   |               |       |-- asset.php
   |               |       `-- world.php
   |               |-- NotFound
   |               |   `-- Page.php
   |               `-- Page.php

Jeff Surgeson

Dec 22, 2011, 3:17:58 PM12/22/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hari

Thanks for the help, think I am being a little dense today, I have emailed you
archive of my aura package, when and if you have the time please tell me what i am
missing, as I am sure that i have done as you have suggested.

Thanks Jeff

Lee

Dec 22, 2011, 6:04:39 PM12/22/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
I seem to remember a change to the autoloader a while back that required you to `addPrefix` to your Vendor.Package/config/default.php

Does the gallery default.php have this?

$loader->addPrefix('Vendor\Gallery\\', dirname(__DIR__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'src');

Hari K T

Dec 22, 2011, 9:00:03 PM12/22/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff ,

@Lee is correct and he has tackled your problem . I created a local virtual host for yours and tested . Its works fine .

I have a concern of the naming , I will post in another thread .

Jeff Surgeson

Dec 23, 2011, 12:52:40 AM12/23/11
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee / Hari
I seem to remember a change to the autoloader a while back that required you to `addPrefix` to your Vendor.Package/config/default.php

Does the gallery default.php have this?

$loader->addPrefix('Hex\Xdev\\', dirname(__DIR__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'src');
Thanks, sorry for the delayed response, time diff!
that solved the problem :)