Aura as a Framework - few questions

janek kos

Feb 25, 2014, 6:13:55 AM2/25/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are Aura V1 and V2 components:
- is V2 stable or development?
- should I go with v2 or maybe it's alpha and it's better to use v1?

If there is Aura system/framework V1 will it be "replaced" with something like Web project for V2 ? Or system/framework will be upated to v2 ?

From my point of view it's like that: two versions with unknown to me status plus two "builds" as framework (system/framework and web project) with unknown status...

And no clue where to start with Aura as a framework :/

With only V1 it was easy - packages plus system/framework to go full-stack. Now there is V2 and Web_Project and it all got a little bit complicated...

Can anyone explain me all this? :)

Maybe there should be a frest blog post about that, with detailed info about V1 and V2 status plus system/framework/web_project future overview?

Hari K T

Feb 25, 2014, 9:17:28 AM2/25/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hey janek kos,

Nice to see you here, and welcome to aura.

There are Aura V1 and V2 components:
- is V2 stable or development?

Its is in beta, some of them are tagged beta-1 . You can see the posts of the released ones at http://auraphp.com/blog/tags#release-ref

- should I go with v2 or maybe it's alpha and it's better to use v1?

Though it is named beta v2 can change the api and there are chances that api can break.

If you want to go with v2 you can. But I recommend v1 for the framework level.

If there is Aura system/framework V1 will it be "replaced" with something like Web project for V2 ? Or system/framework will be upated to v2 ?

System repo will not be replaced. There are many posts regarding the same at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/auraphp

From my point of view it's like that: two versions with unknown to me status plus two "builds" as framework (system/framework and web project) with unknown status...

There is a manual for v1 still some places need to be improved http://auraphp.com/manuals/v1/en/

Maybe there should be a frest blog post about that, with detailed info about V1 and V2 status plus system/framework/web_project future overview?

So I recommend v1 .

Latest v1 packages that are released can be seen at http://auraphp.com/packages/

Packagist also shows the latest version https://packagist.org/packages/aura/ , we follow semserver .

Hope that helps to start

Thank you.

janek kos

Feb 25, 2014, 1:52:49 PM2/25/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Than you Hari. I've been reading about Aura for a long time, but never find the time to dig into it. Then V2 came up and I got confused. And I guess it's all clear now :)

Hari K T

Feb 25, 2014, 8:18:45 PM2/25/14
to aur...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Than you Hari.

You are melcowe ;-) .

I've been reading about Aura for a long time, but never find the time to dig into it.

Oh good to hear.

Then V2 came up and I got confused. And I guess it's all clear now :)

Cool. In case you find something hard, or what can be improved let us hear.

I have some plans :-) . ( Probably dreams :D )

Hari K T

You can ring me : +91 9388 75 8821

Skype  : kthari85
Twitter : harikt

W dniu wtorek, 25 lutego 2014 12:13:55 UTC+1 użytkownik janek kos napisał:
Hi,

There are Aura V1 and V2 components:
- is V2 stable or development?
- should I go with v2 or maybe it's alpha and it's better to use v1?

If there is Aura system/framework V1 will it be "replaced" with something like Web project for V2 ? Or system/framework will be upated to v2 ?

From my point of view it's like that: two versions with unknown to me status plus two "builds" as framework (system/framework and web project) with unknown status...